Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
Is anyone still interested in making a stats web page for folding?

I taught myself how to setup and use mySql and PHP about a month ago. And, I setup a small site for myself. I think it is pretty good and am wondering if anyone else is doing the same thing. I woudln't be able to support it all by myself if it were to become public, and it would probably have to move after about a year when I graduate.

anyway, here is a screenshot of part of the site (I couldn't find out how to get jpg to not make everything extremely blurred without multiplying the size of the file to 400kB).

btw, the graph is simple but I'm proud of it since it's a php script and can show stats for any user :)

Attachments

• 2.gif
    2.gif
    68.4 KB · Views: 270

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Wow... Very nice!

If you need a web host to host that for free, I can. It would have to be something.nuclearnova.com (probably folding.nuclearnova.com), but I can handle the bandwidth.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Good idea, but hosting would be a problem...

I mean is this just going to have the MR user stats?

I mean that good and I suppose we could use the other sites for the overall team rankings?

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
i've got a couple things going to try to get the other teams stats. I wanted to make a graph that had all the teams around us on one graph. I have a user graph almost done doing that and it would be as simple as changing the names to do the teams. I also made a silly "stocks" graph that is small and shows high low per hour stats for each day.

I'm glad you guys like it. I only just started putting thought into a color scheme--so any comments on that would be nice too :).

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by bertinman
i've got a couple things going to try to get the other teams stats. I wanted to make a graph that had all the teams around us on one graph. I have a user graph almost done doing that and it would be as simple as changing the names to do the teams. I also made a silly "stocks" graph that is small and shows high low per hour stats for each day.

I'm glad you guys like it. I only just started putting thought into a color scheme--so any comments on that would be nice too :).

Black -- Lowest
Blue -- Lower
Yellow -- Mid
Orange -- High
Red -- Highest.

Kinda a Hot/Cold type thing.

Looks good for a start so far.

And we don't really need the *other* teams stats for user or anthing, just a lets say 4 team above, 4 team below view of whats coming and whats going.

Team Rankings... (I forgot that word, haha)

bertinman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Davis, CA
Originally posted by MrMacman
Black -- Lowest
Blue -- Lower
Yellow -- Mid
Orange -- High
Red -- Highest.

Kinda a Hot/Cold type thing.

I thought that 5 colors was too many personally, so I combined blue and yellow to get green :).

And we don't really need the *other* teams stats for user or anthing, just a lets say 4 team above, 4 team below view of whats coming and whats going.

Team Rankings... (I forgot that word, haha)

problem with that is that those teams will be moving around themselves (not very fast) and when a new mahcine is in the 4 team buffer there won't be any stats of it to show yet. I was thinking about logging the 10 closest teams (both ways) and just showing the 5 closest teams in a graph (both ways).

and oh yeah, i wasn't going to log their users as well, that would be insane. my 350 G3 can do our ~600 users fine but probably not too much more ;).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.