PDA

View Full Version : eMac vs. New iMac

Eric Lewis
Aug 22, 2007, 09:10 AM
Here is what i have now!

eMac 1GHz PowerPC G4, 512mb ram, 60gig hard drive, combo

to (coming next week)

iMac 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1gb ram, 250gig hard drive,superdrive

So how much faster would everyday tasks be...like checking email, safari, itunes,iMovie,iPhoto, etc

FJ218700
Aug 22, 2007, 09:11 AM
buckle your seat belt

TBi
Aug 22, 2007, 09:13 AM
I think you'll get depressed when you start to think about how much time you let pass without upgrading...

Eric Lewis
Aug 22, 2007, 09:25 AM
I think you'll get depressed when you start to think about how much time you let pass without upgrading...

i have other windows pc...but this was my only mac..it was 50bucks at a garage sale like 2 years ago.... but there will be a big difference

TBi
Aug 22, 2007, 09:30 AM
i have other windows pc...but this was my only mac..it was 50bucks at a garage sale like 2 years ago.... but there will be a big difference

:)

Good luck anyway. It's great being able to run OSX and windows on one machine. Save you from switching between machines, and with parallels or vmware you don't even have to reboot!

You'll love your new iMac and you'll soon be drawn fully into the darkside (macside?) of computing :)

Eric Lewis
Aug 22, 2007, 09:34 AM
:)

Good luck anyway. It's great being able to run OSX and windows on one machine. Save you from switching between machines, and with parallels or vmware you don't even have to reboot!

You'll love your new iMac and you'll soon be drawn fully into the darkside (macside?) of computing :)

its going to be my machine...but my mom is using it for her email (apple mail) and thats it..and the webcam for friends and family..and she will use photobooth alot...but other then that..its my machine

TBi
Aug 22, 2007, 09:35 AM
see the problem is..in 1 year i will need a laptop for university..my plan is to become a computer hardware engineer..and the computers at the university i want to go to,..are all dell with xp! (univeristy is like college for canadians)

I had a dell in college... nothing to be ashamed of!

Eric Lewis
Aug 22, 2007, 09:37 AM
but i want to be a hardware enginner for apple..and design the look of there products and live in cupertino and meet steve jobs and work at apple head.

iStrat
Aug 22, 2007, 12:57 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=339355

knelto
Aug 22, 2007, 01:01 PM

I still have a Dell in college... :( Hopefully, that will change in a few months.