PDA

View Full Version : Stills for video...Photoshop question

c3str
Aug 22, 2007, 10:00 AM
Hi, all.

I have a question about creating stills for video (NTSC). The method I have used in the past was to resize the images to 720x540, then go back to Image Size, turn OFF constrain proportions, and set height to 480. Images then display correctly for DVD use in FCP.

My question: would the same results be yielded from taking an existing image, going to Image--->Pixel Aspect Ratio--->D1/DV NTSC 0.9 to change the Pixel Aspect Ratio, and then resizing the image to 720x480?

While I understand the concept of square/non-square pixels, for some reason the necessary conversions always seem to make me spin. :confused: After Googling, I could find a bunch of documentation on the first method, but zero on the second.

Thanks in advance!

c3str
Aug 24, 2007, 03:33 PM
I've referenced google a number of times and still haven't found anything that helped. I also didn't find any references to others converting a still by the latter method...it's the 'why' I'm still trying to determine.

(I don't want to double post, but I'm wondering if my question might be moved to Digital Video, mods., is that possible? No responses and I'm thinking the thread might have more chance there.)
many thanks,
c3str