View Full Version : iPod Nano Photos?

Pages : [1] 2

Tsurisuto
Aug 22, 2007, 04:36 AM
I think they look neat!

http://9to5mac.com/ipod-nano-spy-shot-23545346

xUKHCx
Aug 22, 2007, 04:39 AM
It would help if there was something to scale them and also if the picture was bigger but that is coming later.

They look a quite good.

bartelby
Aug 22, 2007, 04:40 AM
It would help if there was something to scale them and also if the picture was bigger but that is coming later.

They look a quite good.

I'm guessing the controls are the same size as now, so that gives you some idea.

vendettabass
Aug 22, 2007, 04:48 AM
would like to see steve get those in his jeans mini pocket lol

but widescreen & video playback would be nice!

miniConvert
Aug 22, 2007, 04:53 AM
I don't like the shape :S I guess it's cool if they are the new Nano's, I just wont be getting one :D That said, I love my current-gen one... it'd take something amazing to make me upgrade.

Santa Rosa
Aug 22, 2007, 04:55 AM

Steve wears iJeans they adapt to the size of anything thats put in the pockets!! They are also a full screen iPod and can surf the internet, he hasnt shown us that yet tho!!! Roll on Macworld 08!!!

nlivo
Aug 22, 2007, 06:50 AM
they're too much like the video iPod's......they need to keep the same outer shell as the nano's now....regular people would mistake them for the video iPod's.

Darkenvamp
Aug 22, 2007, 06:52 AM
the ipod nano is supposed to be nano sized...and those ones look ugly and fat IMO..

BlizzardBomb
Aug 22, 2007, 06:59 AM
They look nice, but kinda hard to tell the actual size without a comparison (e.g. a coin).

krose0307
Aug 22, 2007, 07:09 AM
the ipod nano is supposed to be nano sized...and those ones look ugly and fat IMO..

I agree! Those colors are not as fun as the current gen and the shape is weird and unattractive. I really hope this is fake!

Ish
Aug 22, 2007, 07:54 AM
New from Apple, the brand new iPod Dumpy! :eek:

Hope it's not true. The current one and it's predecessor have a nice, elegant shape. Smaller is not necessarily better!

atari1356
Aug 22, 2007, 08:08 AM
I placed an image of the existing Nano over this new design. Assuming the control wheel is the same size (big assumption), you can get an idea of the size of the new one:

nateDEEZY
Aug 22, 2007, 08:17 AM
I placed an image of the existing Nano over this new design. Assuming the control wheel is the same size (big assumption), you can get an idea of the size of the new one:

Interesting mock up, I wonder how true that design will remain when the new nano's come out.

sushi
Aug 22, 2007, 08:18 AM
After looking at the pictures, my guess is that the photo is not of the new Nano.

I don't believe that Apple is not going to dump the current Nano form factor anytime soon.

In the back of my mind, I seem to remember a similar picture some years ago concerning the so called video iPod.

Who knows...

On a side note, how reliable is the source?

rockstarjoe
Aug 22, 2007, 08:18 AM

Wow the screen size looks huge in comparison! They do look kind of stubby, but not as bad as I thought they would look. Does this mean that Nanos will need new docks or will they now be the same width as a full sized iPod?

vandlism
Aug 22, 2007, 08:46 AM
So the nano retains its thinness, becomes a bit shorter and adds width. New colors, bigger screen (320x240 or 640x480?). The nano essentially replaces the 5g iPod, except for storage. Maybe iPod games will now be playable on the nano.

atari1356
Aug 22, 2007, 08:49 AM
Wow the screen size looks huge in comparison! They do look kind of stubby, but not as bad as I thought they would look.

Yeah, that's a pretty major upgrade for the screen. Would be nice if they add video playback to the Nano. I might actually consider getting one to replace my aging 1st generation 5GB iPod.

vandlism
Aug 22, 2007, 08:53 AM
I don't believe that Apple is not going to dump the current Nano form factor anytime soon.

Meah, the nano form factor has been around since the mini.

In the back of my mind, I seem to remember a similar picture some years ago concerning the so called video iPod.

You mean when these guys were leaked? (1 (http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/comments/ilounge-exclusive-new-ipod-revealed/),2 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipodlounger/51875472/))

kainjow
Aug 22, 2007, 08:57 AM
Here's the large image:

http://www.9to5mac.com/files/Nano-spy-shot.png

sushi
Aug 22, 2007, 09:00 AM
Here's the large image:

http://www.9to5mac.com/files/Nano-spy-shot.png
Thanks for the enlarged pic.

Something does not look right at the bottom of the thumb wheel. It looks like it is on a curved surface and not a flat one.

It may just be the lighting, but sure doesn't look right.

Likewise, the shadows are not correct. Looks like a photoshop job.

atari1356
Aug 22, 2007, 09:04 AM

Eww... yeah. Those shadows are all wrong. :eek: Especially on the black one.

Mydel
Aug 22, 2007, 09:07 AM
On that big picture they dont look aluminum...more like plastic. Just like a regular iPods. I wonder if Apple is ready to ditch aluminum....that would be a pity. I love that design and the fact that after over a year of use I dont have any scratches on my nano Red

RadioStar
Aug 22, 2007, 09:12 AM
This can't be true.

It's not in an elevator.

sushi
Aug 22, 2007, 09:13 AM
This can't be true.

It's not in an elevator.
LOL! :)

Well there you have it. :D

bartelby
Aug 22, 2007, 09:14 AM
This can't be true.

It's not in an elevator.

Maybe the computer that's running Photoshop is in an elevator!:)

sushi
Aug 22, 2007, 09:15 AM
Maybe the computer that's running Photoshop is in an elevator!:)
Well, that would be a work around. ;)

Eric Lewis
Aug 22, 2007, 09:15 AM
On that big picture they dont look aluminum...more like plastic. Just like a regular iPods. I wonder if Apple is ready to ditch aluminum....that would be a pity. I love that design and the fact that after over a year of use I dont have any scratches on my nano Red

aluminum is the new thing right now with apple...and glass...so they wont ditch aluminum

kevinliu4
Aug 22, 2007, 09:28 AM
The nanos are getting from bad to worse.

The first gen nanos are by far the coolest. They still look the best. The size, shape, finish, white/black color, everything.

RadioStar
Aug 22, 2007, 09:42 AM
So... it's a low-rez camera phone picture of a photoshop file?

IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE

Techguy172
Aug 22, 2007, 09:42 AM
I really hope that's not it becuase i think all it needs is a taller screen maybe 1.7" but i like the design now not that. It looks like a short stuby kid.

sushi
Aug 22, 2007, 09:46 AM

The first gen nanos are by far the coolest. They still look the best. The size, shape, finish, white/black color, everything.
Some would disagree.

Personally, I really liked the Mini and was thrilled when Apple released the new Nanos that looked like a shrunken Mini.

Digital Skunk
Aug 22, 2007, 10:23 AM

I agree with you, but they scratched up worse than the full size iPod. I love the current ones and this poor mockup smells like something a horse would leave on the ground in a tightly coiled mound.

I can't stand inexperienced, amateur mockup artists and their attempt at making something that people would cling to.

vandlism
Aug 22, 2007, 10:35 AM
I can't stand inexperienced, amateur mockup artists and their attempt at making something that people would cling to.

Hmmm..Skunk thinks its a fake mockup. That means we are one step closer to confirming this nano as real.

TimJim
Aug 22, 2007, 10:47 AM
those look real to me.

MacRumors
Aug 22, 2007, 10:47 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

9to5Mac posted (http://9to5mac.com/ipod-nano-spy-shot-23545346) what is purported to be photos of the upcomind iPod Nano. The images depict what has been described by the site previously. Shorter iPods in a number of colors.

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/08/22/Nano-spy-shot_300.png

ThinkSecret (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/07/26/6g-ipod-coming-in-august/) also believed that an upcoming iPod revision would see "shorter" iPods, but 9to5mac has been persistent that these represent iPod Nanos.

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/08/22/ipod-nano-photos/)

Bluefusion
Aug 22, 2007, 10:50 AM
Man, those are ugly...

Just as bad as I thought they'd be from the description. :(

(love my G2 black nano :D)

cr2sh
Aug 22, 2007, 10:51 AM
Fat is the new slender.. apparently.

This is not going to look as good strapped to my arm when I'm running as the lengthy, skinny one.

kontheur
Aug 22, 2007, 10:52 AM
Why would they make a Nano so gigantic? HOAX!

Grimace
They have a great track record so far...I give them the benefit of the doubt on this. Maybe full sized iPods are getting colors now.

Abstract
Who's going to be able to run with those fatties?

AliensAreFuzzy
These are really ugly and obviously photoshopped. Check out the file name: it has a .psd extention.

Texas04
Gosh, I hope those are fake!!!

UGLY! :eek:

asphalt-proof
Seriously Apple, this is ugliness could sink the iPod. Please let this be a foiler.

BryanLyle
Aug 22, 2007, 10:53 AM
If this is really the design, then the Apple designers have lost their "touch". The glossy iMacs and now this. I guess I better get my Apple Cinema display soon before they decide to "improve" those.

mattthemutt
It's so hard to tell if those are real or not. They look "real" enough; the colours are spot on, and they fit all the descriptions, but the blurriness, and the fact that they are pretty darn ugly doesn't help.

nick004
if those images are real, maybe their the new flash based iPods... Just throwing it out there :P

mattthemutt
Aug 22, 2007, 10:54 AM
These are really ugly and obviously photoshopped. Check out the file name: it has a .psd extention.

Good thinking!

angelwatt
Anyone else notice it's open in Photoshop? That picture quality is horrible and the iPods looks just as horrible. If this is the new design then I think a number of people will be skipping this generation.

nagromme
Well they fit the rumors anyway--it's believable even if a mockup (look at the bevel). I hope pure Red remains an option.

"Different" and "unfamiliar" is of course "bad" and "ugly." People hated the look of the current video iPods because of the new screen size making the proportions "wrong" :p

Nonetheless, once that unsettling shock passes, if these are similar in volume/size to the old ones (wider yet shorter and still slim and tiny--no reason to think they are gigantic at all) and have a bigger screen, that sounds great to me.

If, in addition, they have higher capacity per dollar, video playback, and a new interface, even better. The iPod wheel can live on in the nano where a touchscreen would not be usable.

I'd be happy with these.

(EDIT: never mind!)

jialuolu
I thought the whole point of the nano was that it was tiny? Hopefully it's fake, they are looking at a .psd file

mohaukachi
i see what they are trying to do... they are going for a form factor that supports a bigger 4x3 screen. its a direction but its not a pretty one. come one :apple: lets do better than that

Yixian
That looks awful :S

Kardashian
As an iPod, I think its brilliant. Muted, more 'serious' colours for the higher end range of MP3 players.

As a Nano, its *****.

I think its a full-size iPod, with new colours. I believe the Nano's (when redesigned) will keep the playful, younger colours, since thats probably the main target audience: teenagers and young people.

Bluefusion
Aug 22, 2007, 10:55 AM

Yes, but it could be a screengrab from an Apple PR file just as easily. It's a photo of something on-screen-- who'd bother to do that, unless they didn't have data access to the file? (it's faster to take a pic of a screen when someone isn't looking than it is to find the file when their back is turned, email a pic of it to yourself, etc.)

I have a really strong suspicion that these are real, even though I hate 'em.

Muffin87
Aug 22, 2007, 10:55 AM
Aren't they a little bit too large to be nanos? I really don't think that apple would go for larger nanos...
Moreover if you zoom you'll be able to read the file name "piano-flower.psd"... mock-up? A Photoshop fake?

I personally prefer the crisper colours of the current nanos though.

bhjs1
Aug 22, 2007, 10:56 AM
if those really are the new nanos.... i sure am glad i already bought an old slim one, because they'll be hard to come by if apple starts selling ugly wide things that nobody wants

reallybigafro
Girls have told me that I'm to short and stubby....if this new ipod nano starts setting a new trend, I just might have a hot date sooner rather than later.

Ugly ipods though.

vandlism
The design falls in line with all the past rumors, though it opens up all the possibilities of fakes/mockups. The image looks a little odd, and the fact that it's a PSD in Photoshop is suspicious. Though, they could be just making a mockup from the best info they can gather.

Good news: Bigger screen, maybe better resolution. Possibility of iPod games on the nano. Cheaper video on-the-go. Higher capacities? New interface?

Bad news: Though it's be smaller than the current 5G iPod (shorter, thinner) in all aspects, does it decrease the desire to run with it on your arm? Ease of use for the click wheel so close to the edge.

It also opens up the possibilities of those yellow Beatles iPods.

R303blue
Aug 22, 2007, 11:00 AM
Anyone saying these a nice looking have to get their eyes checked. Wrong proportions! They wouldn't make something with these dimensions, makes no sense. Too short, fat, and ugly materials. I'm sure we'll see a much better design when they come out for real. If we don't, man, here's to Apple making it out alive.

Aea
To all the people yelling PHOTOSHOP .PSD have you considered that they used Photoshop to, you know, add in their watermark and compress?

da5id
The image is a screen shot from a photoshop file. Which Apple would presumably use to make advertisements.

But the shadows aren't consistent. Unless there was some weird lighting, and were photographed together, I don't think Apple would have nonsensical shadows in ads.

Also, why such low resolution? If it was a screen grab, there's no reason to have such lo res. The only reason I can think of is is cover up flaws in a fake.

vandlism
Aug 22, 2007, 11:02 AM
Too short, fat, and ugly
Maybe it's to combat the sleek and sexy iMac that can't be "too thin or too powerful".

artpease
Why are pictures of new Apple products so blurry? :(

rbroady
the red one reminds me of the brown zune:rolleyes:

MauiMac
Aug 22, 2007, 11:04 AM
Could this be a iPod and iPod Nano replacement? Maybe this will be a iPod with video shrunk down to iPod Nano size (replacing both). Apple should be releasing the 6G (iPhone) iPod (with touch screen of course) in the near future... right?...

CalBoy
Aug 22, 2007, 11:05 AM

You said it. They don't look nanos to me, they just look like midget Video iPods.

Why are pictures of new Apple products so blurry? :(

It's only a rumor; these aren't "official" just yet. You have to wait until Apple makes it official to know what's really going on.

abrooks
Aug 22, 2007, 11:05 AM
To all the people yelling PHOTOSHOP .PSD have you considered that they used Photoshop to, you know, add in their watermark and compress?

And then take a picture of it? :rolleyes:

jakebot
Aug 22, 2007, 11:06 AM
those are ugly. It looks like whoever made this mock-up really likes fat blackberries.

It doesnt look fun to hold.

people who do mockups should at least try and design stuff to apples design standards.

epicwelshman
Aug 22, 2007, 11:06 AM
IF it is true, then I hope it' essentially a new line of iPods - the iPod Nano Video

Then Apple would have:

The iPod Nano (redesigned, same design, whatever)
iPod Nano Video (these stubby things)
iPod Video (true touch screen, phone-less iphone etc)

rockthecasbah
Aug 22, 2007, 11:07 AM
just looks like some iPod developers went over to Creative :p Next gen zen much? :D

iJawn108
it looks like ass :\

mattthemutt
Come to think of it, how many times have we actually had photos like these (blurry and improvised) that are actually mockups stolen from Apple?

I know there were some images leaked for various products, but they weren't usually from Apple...

Thataboy
Aug 22, 2007, 11:09 AM
Is there any chance that they might be kind of consolidating the iPod and the iPod nano lines? That would make the most sense. I mean, the huge capacities are great, but isn't a hard drive based iPod kind of old school by now? Isn't the trend to eliminate the white plastic look and go all-aluminum?

People seem to really flock to the aluminum, to the flash, to the thinner enclosures... so reshape it so the screen is "useful" for video, and just make it "iPod." As someone who used to be a capacity-hog but is now an iPhone user, I have come to realize that it is just not necessary to keep every song in your pocket. Sure, 16GB might be nice, but 8GB is fine if you utilize dumb and smart playlists properly.

Or maybe not. I'm sure there are people who still want their 100GB hard drive iPods :)

Schnebar
Aug 22, 2007, 11:10 AM
the new nano should look like the old one, just with a taller screen.

So you can see more artists or playlists when you are scrolling. Then when you want to watch a movie you can flip it sideways and hold it like that.

(L)
Aug 22, 2007, 11:10 AM
I'd think fake... those shadows do look suspicious, and besides, it'd be pretty easy to do this sort of thing, I'd think.

Furthermore, even if it were real, I'd be disappointed. Of course the nano would get wider for a wider screen - that cannot be helped. But slim things fit better in the hand and are arguably more pleasing to the eye. Consider that, and then that the nano having a small screen is part of what makes it a nano and not a video iPod. That is, unless the video iPod sees a much bigger screen, of course.

Still, probably fake. All iPods are accessories in addition to being music players, but the squarish look won't cut it in a nano.

simplyme91
Aug 22, 2007, 11:11 AM
I sure do hope that these are fakes.

Eric Lewis
Aug 22, 2007, 11:12 AM
Its Fake And Blury

G4R2
There's a kneejerk reaction that links anything done in Photoshop to fake when there is no such relationship. While the vast majority of fakes are done in PS, the same is true of actual products.

The question isn't whether the image was created in Photoshop, the question is whether or not the image is a legitimate one. The fact that the image is clearly a .psd file doesn't say anything as to its legitimacy one way or the other.

I suspect some of the considerations for such a determination might include:

- At what rate does Apple revamp it's iPod nano line? (once a year usually around this time)

- What trends have the nano line followed? (smaller, thinner, color screens, features...)

- Is the inclusion of video a feature that Apple is emphasizing across its product line? (Arguably- yes. Most Apple products are video friendly if not videocentric.)

- If so, what design influence would this have on the iPod nano- Would Apple go for a square screen or a wide screen?

- Is the source of the image reliable? (9to5 has been doing alright lately.)

- Does the form factor represented in the images meet these considerations or diverge significantly from them?

It may very well be that the image is a prediction of what the next iPod Nano may look like based on speculation. If that is so then the question would shift from a discussion about the legitimacy of the rendered images to the accuracy of the images.

In any case, the question of whether this image is real or not isn't answered by the fact that it was an image that was processed in PS.

angelwatt
Moreover if you zoom you'll be able to read the file name "piano-flower.psd"... mock-up? A Photoshop fake?

That's hilariously wrong, the filename is nano-flower.psd not piano.

Mac OS X Ocelot
Aug 22, 2007, 11:13 AM
Definitely not real. The appeal of the Nano is its slimness. Those fat "iPods" are definitely not an improvement.

h?
Aug 22, 2007, 11:16 AM
If you look up at the top of the blown up image, it is a .psd file. I call fake

puckhead193
Aug 22, 2007, 11:16 AM
Either way i like my current gen. a lot better even if it does have video

ariel
Aug 22, 2007, 11:17 AM
i call fake

the shadows are all wrong - image was created once and cloned and the cloner didn't know how to move the shadows around

bad fake

jackc
I don't know if that qualifies as "nano" anymore. I might as well buy one of these:

http://imgred.com/http://www.marco.org/images/watchman.jpg

nickane
The shadows don't look right, especially on the black nano. Besides, if Apple wanted to make a bigger nano with video, surely they would increase the dimensions proportionately by having a widescreen with a clickwheel to one side of it? I didn't realize Apple cared so much about the left-handed market that they'd always want to keep the clickwheel beneath the screen. Besides, they could just do that old atari lynx invert screen feature and lefties could just get used to menu and > being inverted, or else menu could be replaced with <.

Schtumple
Aug 22, 2007, 11:19 AM
I'm pretty sure these are fake, but I also thought the new keyboard was fake, but, like the keyboard, I'd quite like to have on of these nanos, they don't seem very big, probably a 2inch screen? A bit fat looking, but that can't be helped.

macphisto
Aug 22, 2007, 11:19 AM
My guess is that they are fake. Looking at the shadow's and the shading of the middle button makes it look like it was one mock up/design, colored differently and rotated to match the layout of the iLife '08 box artwork. Also the black one's shadow has been chopped off.

Apple's photography is generally fantastic and these are obvious mistakes that shouldn't have slipped through the art department.

thecritix
Aug 22, 2007, 11:21 AM
There's a kneejerk reaction that links anything done in Photoshop to fake when there is no such relationship. While the vast majority of fakes are done in PS, the same is true of actual products.

The question isn't whether the image was created in Photoshop, the question is whether or not the image is a legitimate one. The fact that the image is clearly a .psd file doesn't say anything as to its legitimacy one way or the other.

I suspect some of the considerations for such a determination might include:

- At what rate does Apple revamp it's iPod nano line? (once a year usually around this time)

- What trends have the nano line followed? (smaller, thinner, color screens, features...)

- Is the inclusion of video a feature that Apple is emphasizing across its product line? (Arguably- yes. Most Apple products are video friendly if not videocentric.)

- If so, what design influence would this have on the iPod nano- Would Apple go for a square screen or a wide screen?

- Does the form factor represented in the images meet these considerations or diverge significantly from them?

It may very well be that the image is a prediction of what the next iPod Nano may look like based on speculation. If that is so then the question would shift from a discussion about the legitimacy of the rendered images to the accuracy of the images.

In any case, the question of whether this image is real or not isn't answered by the fact that it was an image that was processed in PS.

what a well constructed argument, youve sold me

tho im gonna call fake on the photos, i think it will look very similar to this.

brepublican
Aug 22, 2007, 11:22 AM
If thats the new nano, all I can say is "Ewww?" :eek:

One word: Fugly

Parky
Aug 22, 2007, 11:23 AM
Personally I think they are real.

You can't judge them until you see them and feel them in the hand.
My guess is that you will be shocked at how cute and small they look when you get hold of them.

Ian

Mitch1984
Aug 22, 2007, 11:23 AM
The latest Nanos aren't rounded at the top and bottom because they are metal. The next nano's I believe will still be metal. this mockup has rounded edges and that's why I think it's fake.

Also it's a low res photo of a psd document.

gonnabuyamac
Aug 22, 2007, 11:24 AM
ok, i haven't read through all the posts yet, but here's a thought.

what if this is a new ipod model? what if they keep the nano, add a slightly larger-than-the-nano-ipod with video, and introduce the 6G ipod with touch screen?

vandlism
Aug 22, 2007, 11:26 AM
I guess to those of you calling fake simply because of errors in the shadows, have you considered the following:

5 iPod nanos placed on a white surface for the purposes of being photographed. The shadows are the result of various lights to ensure that all surfaces are evenly lit. The photo is now being processed in Photoshop to reduce the shadows? It's not like we are looking at a leaked pamphlet; it's a work in progress.

angelwatt
Aug 22, 2007, 11:26 AM
If you take a look at the Apple store online you'll notice that all (that I saw) pictures of iPods (and generally anything with a screen) has content on it. Apple wouldn't use this pic as a marketing image. Therefore, this pic is a fake marketing image, though I'm still uncertain if this design is fake, but hoping it is.

jonharris200
Aug 22, 2007, 11:27 AM
I really find it hard to believe that Jonathan Ive and Co would design an iPod in those proportions. :eek: Please let this be a fake.

mattthemutt
Aug 22, 2007, 11:29 AM
Look at the distance between the corners of the nano. It's not consistent. Also, it's not a perfect pentagon. It's slightly off.

sbluetruck
Aug 22, 2007, 11:31 AM
we're all so quick to assume it's the nano... but could it be the new video iPod???

just a thought :rolleyes:

:eek: rebirth of the iPod mini??? :eek:

bdkennedy1
Aug 22, 2007, 11:32 AM
The iPod Tubby.

jarednt1
Aug 22, 2007, 11:32 AM
The new NANO's will probably be the same form factor just different colors and storage sizes.

Its the video iPod thats crying for a much needed update.

kemble54
Aug 22, 2007, 11:33 AM
FAKE.

Same mock-up rotated around 5 times. THE SHADOW IS THE SAME ON EACH NANO

danielsan26
Aug 22, 2007, 11:35 AM
I think they look neat!

Apple legal hasn't released the dogs yet = fake

ghall
I think it's real. It's just an unfinished ad baner or something.

I've been wrong before though.

Ah yes, good point. Didn't think of that.

motulist
If you take a look at the Apple store online you'll notice that all (that I saw) pictures of iPods (and generally anything with a screen) has content on it. Apple wouldn't use this pic as a marketing image. Therefore, this pic is a fake marketing image

I'm pretty sure that all those photos were originally photographed with a blank screen on the product and the screen images were added later in photoshop.

EDIT: I just wanted to point that out that reasoning error, but personally I'm of the opinion that these are fake.

elcid
Aug 22, 2007, 11:36 AM
Meh, I call fake. My points

-For those of you who state "ZOMG .PSD!!!" is it so far to imagine that Apple uses photoshop? A .PSD is a lossless format that is helpful when others may be working on it.

-I dont think Apple would do this. Their form factor right now for the Nano is great. It's hip, it's sleak, comes in multiple colors and is great for people that want an MP3 player to hold some of their music. Short fat and stubby is not really the way that Apple swings.

-I dont think that the people that buy Nano's are going to be ripping movies and wasting 1gig+ of music to watch on a screen that is still too small.

-I think that you have to have several differences between your product line. Look at the MB and the MBP. If they introduced a true video nano you are down to size and capacity. If you dont want to pay extra for the capacity, will you still be really concerned about video?

I would hope Apple would stay with somewhat of the same form factor for the Nano. I dont think that it is right to drop the GB to 16 for your top of the line iPod, and I think that if it would fit in that form factor it would have to be flash. Again with the separate lines. Keep the same form factors for both, maybe make it full screen.

noodle654
I would never buy that. It seriously looks like a ch*de. If they make that I will be very upset with Apple. Nobody wants a fat ugly iPod.

vanzskater272
Hmm well if this is any indication of how then real 3G nanos are gonna look I dont like it. The only way I would buy one is if it had video playback and great video life.

ucfgrad93
Aug 22, 2007, 11:37 AM
Not sure if I like these or not. Current Nano owners will definately have to invest in new accessories.:eek:

kwong2006
Ugly as hell. If this is the new iPod, my last iPod purchase will definitely be my last.

WillJS

Something does not look right at the bottom of the thumb wheel. It looks like it is on a curved surface and not a flat one.

i think it is. look at the very top of the picture... It is a scrnsht of a photoshop window called "nano flower.psd" maybe that was just to add the watermark though

PodPacker
Aug 22, 2007, 11:39 AM
The natural progression would be to include video on the iPod nano. As Internet speeds progress and video compression improves, there is no need for Apple to offer 2 iPod lines that only offer music. The iPod nano will have to include video in order to fit in with the future 6th generation iPod which as we all suspect will be full screen, similar to iPhone.
The product line up will have to change drastically in order to accommodate emerging media availability. Eventually even the iPod shuffle will have to include a screen in order to be a viable product.
The real thinking behind the iPod was never the casing. Sure it is slick looking, but there are countless designs out there with more geek appeal, but the beauty is the heart of the iPod. The simple, one-hand/thumb navigation and the seamless integration with a computer and software.
Sure we may not like short and wide, but look at our influence, we are bombarded by thin, everywhere from fashion to technology. We need to see a profile of these new iPods before we pass judgment on the design.

Peace
Aug 22, 2007, 11:39 AM

Apple didn't release the dogs on the new keyboard that we now know was true.

TESEV
Aug 22, 2007, 11:40 AM
I like the way these folks (http://www.thoughtdifferent.com/index.html?http://rumorroundup.blogspot.com/) put it.

blindzero
Aug 22, 2007, 11:40 AM
Kinda Fugly.

I think they're fake because I don't think they'd go down this route...Kinda a step back design wise. They look just like the mockups they did a month ago that were nothing but photoshop jobs. When have the early mockups been true?

IPhone and IMacs and MBP all have a certain feeling...these don't fit it at all.

edited only to change pronouns.

mattthemutt
Aug 22, 2007, 11:42 AM
Look at how imperfect the shaping is.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7903/nanospyshotho4.jpg

Not very scientific, but it's a rough idea.

danielsan26
Aug 22, 2007, 11:43 AM
Apple didn't release the dogs on the new keyboard that we now know was true.

A new keyboard probably won't significantly undermine current keyboard sales, whereas leaks regarding a product comprising a significant chunk of a company's bottom line is much more likely to have an Osborne Effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect) (recall interface leak a while back).

Fukui
Aug 22, 2007, 11:45 AM
I think they look neat!

Glad somebody likes it... I on the other hand think those look like iPod "Imp edition," its a squished and weird.... oh well!! Nobody bats 1000!

sminman

Yeah that picture is open in Photoshop, you can see the tabs at the bottom.

Eduardo1971
Haven't read through the replies, but I really hope this a fake picture.

If these are in fact, real, these are some ugly Nano's. They look like the Creative Zen mp3 player.:(

vandlism
Aug 22, 2007, 11:46 AM

They never attacked the new keyboard. That just draws attention.

I dont think that the people that buy Nano's are going to be ripping movies and wasting 1gig+ of music to watch on a screen that is still too small.

People are buying iPhones with the same capacity and putting movies on them. This is the same screen size as the current 5G iPod, so people are used to the idea.

Current Nano owners will definately have to invest in new accessories.:eek:

Happens with every new iPod. But the dock connector alleviates things a bit.

miketcool
Aug 22, 2007, 11:47 AM
Bad fake! Maybe PCs are better, looks like Mac users cant even do a decent photoshop mock up!

kungming2
Aug 22, 2007, 11:48 AM
Glad somebody likes it... I on the other hand think those look like iPod "Imp edition," its a squished and weird.... oh well!! Nobody bats 1000!

Surprised no one has created a poll yet. ;)

FoxyKaye
Aug 22, 2007, 11:49 AM
Here's what I don't get...

There are Nano knockoffs all over eBay, Craigslist and the 'Net in general - similar form factor, slightly larger screen, capable of playing more file types including video, and also with an aluminum case. Why would apple make the Nano form factor so "fat" (read: as potentially wide as the regular iPod), when the slimline is one of the strongest sell points? Plus, do you really want to watch video on a screen *that* small? I find the screen on my 5G "about right," meaning that I don't use it as a substitute for full-screen DVD movies but when I'm trapped on BART or flying cross-country it works for me.

Steve did mention a decrease in sales in Q4 due to an "upcoming product transition." I wonder if Apple would be as bold to completely "unify" the existing Nano and video into a single device, and then offer a higher-end multitouch iPod in early 2008 (the long-awaited "iPhone" without the phone)? I can't imagine that the iMac revision would be this transition, unless he may have been referring to the Mac Pro and XServe which are sorely out of date and won't get revised until Penryn release...

synthesizer
Aug 22, 2007, 11:51 AM
The flower layout is the same pentagon shape as the iLife and iWork packaging. the reason its not perfect is that the shot is taken at an angle.

Codemonkey
Aug 22, 2007, 11:52 AM
People. Get a clue. This is doing nothing more than wasting all our time.

That photo has got to be one of the _worst_ photoshop jobs out there. Look at the highlight/lowlight on the thumb button. it freaking *rotates* with each Nano rotation! And so does the shadow! OMG.

I can't believe this made it to the front page.

Nothing to see here - move along.

Achillyse
Aug 22, 2007, 11:54 AM
I think they could well be real...

As has been said, the association of photoshop with the images doesn't make them fake. Apple would use photoshop to create advertising and definitely create interface mockups in photoshop... the Video iPod ones use myriad font, something different is actually used on unit.

Also, about the form factor. Makes sense to change it for video content, plus it would allow this new Nano to use content designed for current video iPod. Also the comparison of this Nano with the old one (dependent on scroll wheel size, I know) shows it is not actually that fat and may fit in the palm better. It would be shorter and slightly wider while gaining a vastly larger screen - a good tradeoff.

Finally, on the imperfection of the pentagon, note that the image is a photo of a screen taken at an angle.

This is not going to look as good strapped to my arm when I'm running as the lengthy, skinny one.

Yup...it looks FUUUGLY actually...too fat for my taste.

Yahgo
OMG! It so ugly! Plus, I think these are fakes.

1) This is not part of Apple's Color scheme.
2) The nano is the most popular iPod because of it's ultra slim and small fit. These seem to be a lot fatter.
3) Name one square handheld device (besides some crappy mp3 player that maybe sold 4 units last year) . They don't "fit" well in your hand.
4) These look plastic and Apple is moving towards Ai and Glass.
5) Plus they just look odd.

mattthemutt
Aug 22, 2007, 11:55 AM
The flower layout is the same pentagon shape as the iLife and iWork packaging. the reason its not perfect is that the shot is taken at an angle.

Good point.

Codemonkey
Aug 22, 2007, 11:55 AM

The lighting's not symmetrical either - the whole thing reeks of amateur composition.

jettredmont
Aug 22, 2007, 11:57 AM
While I don't believe this to be an actual ad layout (the pentagon is imperfect, and the shadows are all wrong; if you were doing a physical photo the shadows would be consistent and then the layout might be slightly imperfect; if you were doing a raytrace render as Apple often does the shadows and layout would be perfect) ... still, this seems a likely ad layout.

2007: The Year of the Pentagon.

Funny we've seen more pentagon ads (and other five-object groupings, like the iMac banner) in 2007 from Apple than we did HD products in the Year of HD or Laptops in the Year of the Laptop. So, 2007 must be The Year of the Pentagon.

ParisParamus
Aug 22, 2007, 11:59 AM
Definitely not the new Nanos. This could have been, at best, a version of the original iPod.

samh004
Aug 22, 2007, 12:00 PM
I don't like the new green, I liked it brighter. It's so dull now.

~Shard~
Aug 22, 2007, 12:08 PM
I guess I will have to wait to see:

a) if these are real or not (obviously)
and
b) if these are real, what they actually look like and feel like in person

Right now, I can't say I'm a fan of the stubby design. I understand what Apple may be trying to accomplish in terms of providing a bigger screen, but I say leave that for the iPod and keep the iPod nano, well, nano. :cool:

Rgardless, I don't think I'll ever buy a nano. My next iPod purchase will be whenever Apple releases a full touch screen iPod (i.e. an iPhone without the phone part ;)).

Aug 22, 2007, 12:08 PM
It's fake. Notice how the shadow of each iPod is on the right side regardless of position?

mandoman
Aug 22, 2007, 12:12 PM
By the look of these, I'd say Apple is adding video and game
capabilities to the nano. SWEET!

Aug 22, 2007, 12:12 PM
People. Get a clue. This is doing nothing more than wasting all our time.

That photo has got to be one of the _worst_ photoshop jobs out there. Look at the highlight/lowlight on the thumb button. it freaking *rotates* with each Nano rotation! And so does the shadow! OMG.

I can't believe this made it to the front page.

Nothing to see here - move along.

Not even worthy of page 2. :rolleyes:

milo
Aug 22, 2007, 12:13 PM

but widescreen & video playback would be nice!

What makes you think these are any bigger than the current nanos?

Bubbasteve
Aug 22, 2007, 12:16 PM
I think they look pretty cool -- I think they would fit pretty well in your hand (and yes, I'm being serious)

oclor
I don't think these are nanos or regular ipods. I think they are a third branch (or fourth if you count the shuffle) of ipods. Think about it, the nano is the cool small slender ipod for music. The regular ipod is probably gonna be upgraded to touch screen, and will be for video mainly. This fits in perfectly in between for those who want a little bit of both. A small ipod that can play video with a decent sized screen!

Quickdood

I am not sure drawing a pentagon over the picture would make too much sense. If this picture was actually the original it would but this is a picture of a picture. That being the case the photographer could have been at an angle and this would cause the scale of the photo to be altered. The shadow claim makes sense, they are messed up but this photo may be a work in progress and therefore the shadows may be altered in the final touches.

As far as the design I like it, It will still fit into my pocket nicely and and it will give the people who don't wan't a touchscreen ipod a click wheel alternative.

skoops
These iPods are UGLY! Should Apple really release them I'll have to reconsider my stock portfolio

reallynotnick
Aug 22, 2007, 12:17 PM
The simple reason why I want this to be true is it means the regular iPod will be freaking kicking! Full widescreen, and WiFi. MMmmmm.

Mgkwho
Aug 22, 2007, 12:18 PM
I think they look ugly, and that picture is either photoshopped or taken so badly that the "nanos" look crappily spaced and lit.

-=|Mgkwho

jellz
Aug 22, 2007, 12:19 PM
kind of reminds me of those Zen players..fuglyyy

iSee
Aug 22, 2007, 12:20 PM
Oh, please, that is a very, very crude mock-up. The suspicious noise and dithering don't even come close to masking it. :rolleyes:

Even if it was a camera pic of, let's say, an inept Apple marketing intern's poor attempt at a graphic for a keynote presentation, why would it have that weird dithering on it?

Why would someone have converted the pic to 256 colors before posting it? (The image is a beefy 200K+, so it wasn't for compression) It seems like an attempt to disguise the quality of the mockup.

I was believing 9to5mac until this came out...

currentinterest
Aug 22, 2007, 12:20 PM
A small, wide but thin, video nano of these proportions priced at $199 will sell at historically high rates. Kids will love them, tall will begin to look strange. It will also create a larger market for Apple video sales. Currently, all those nano users are not video customers, that is about to change.

Quickdood
Aug 22, 2007, 12:22 PM
The simple reason why I want this to be true is it means the regular iPod will be freaking kicking! Full widescreen, and WiFi. MMmmmm.

I am with you there, if these are real we will def see a full widescreen ipod and that is what I will be purchasing. BUT we prob will not see Wifi becase then they would need FCC approval and I don't see them getting that and keeping it secret with a September release which I believe will happen. We will prob see wifi for the 7G line, they want to still make the iphone attractive and wifi on a widescreen ipod will detract from the iphones features.

baleensavage
Aug 22, 2007, 12:27 PM
While adding video to the Nano would be a great move IMHO, I will have to second what many here have said, those iPods are UGLY! The shape makes them look fat, and the colors are terrible. I sure hope they're fake. Not to mention, why would they want to make the Nano shorter? The size right now is very manageable any smaller and you may as well get a shuffle.

propropro
Aug 22, 2007, 12:27 PM

If you assume that, and add to the picture a iPod 5G, you'll see that the screen is EXACTLY the same size and width as that iPod 5G... maybe this is the iPod 6G

Kalmia
Aug 22, 2007, 12:33 PM
I'm not particularly convinced, either... the shadows and lighting are just too weird to be believed, and the form factor is terribly unappealing at first glance. I can understand the whole "bigger screen is better" angle, but I'd think that any artist, especially one working for Apple, would understand the importance of the golden ratio in product design. And they've certainly made good use of it, historically-speaking. This thing just looks hacked together for the sake of a higher screen resolution, which doesn't really seem like Apple's style.

I'd hate to be proven wrong on that, though. Yick. *shivers*

~Kalmia

jonnylink
Aug 22, 2007, 12:33 PM
I'll buy one of those for anyone who can tell me where the light is coming from to make those shadows.:rolleyes:

Wayfarer
Aug 22, 2007, 12:34 PM
I can't believe people actually believe this.

(Full-sized Image) (http://www.9to5mac.com/files/Nano-spy-shot.png)

Look closely at the full size image. This is obviously a photoshop job designed to stir some commotion.

-The outline of the shadows are obviously fake.

-A cheap bevel effect was to create the awkward rounded edge of each device.

-The image is named "nano-flower.psd" ---an obvious indication of a photoshop job.

-It looks too way similiar to the current video iPod.

AND many members before have pointed out the various flaws. I am not convinced at all at this "mock-up"! :mad:

A disclaimer should be put with this rumor so it wouldn't discourage or throw people off! This should be taken as a grain of salt.

jfmartin
Aug 22, 2007, 12:34 PM
Hi,

I don't know why nobody talk about a possible iPod Mini return... the iPod market has room to grow and more form factors needs to grow also...

So, these pictures could be the new iPod Mini... the iPod lineup would be:

Shuffle (same size, color): there is a need for high wearability ipods..

iPod nano: same has today, same visual interface, 2g, 4g, 8g

iPod mini: very thin, 8 gigs, 16 gigs, video capable, click wheel, screen size of the current ipod 5.5G, many colors, same interface as the current 5.5G iPod but with a revised look (more like the iPhone)

iPod: hard disk based, OSx based, iPhone interface, wi-fi ready for social networking via an option like iPod ramote, karaoke, same form factor has the current iPod but updated design and full screen view like the iPhone but minus the black stip at the top and at the bottom

This way, Apple can keep the iPod original form factor with full screen but keep the two plateform very distinct, the iPod mini replace the current iPod 5.5g essentially, the iPod nano stay the same !

What do you think ?

JF

BCNMacLovr
Aug 22, 2007, 12:41 PM
I don't like them

F.D.
Aug 22, 2007, 12:41 PM
They look nice, but kinda hard to tell the actual size without a comparison (e.g. a coin).

Look nice?

Are you blind?

milo
Aug 22, 2007, 12:42 PM

If that's the correct scale, it would be a bit wider, but I'd be fine with that to get that huge bump in screen size. I just don't get the hate for this design, seems like a big improvement. Although it could just have a smaller click wheel than the current ones.

But I'll bet this is like previous apple products...the ones that get savaged the worst online end up being the best sellers. People complained about the mini and the original nano, and those did great. We'll see the same result with this one. The vocal people online seem to hate change while those actually plonking down the cash seem to like it.

Not to mention that when the first images of the "video" ipod came out, everyone screamed fake/ugly/too big...and then admitted it was an improvement when they saw the actual size and held it in their hand.

I'm curious what people would suggest apple *should* do instead? Keep the current tiny screen for video playback? Not add video playback? Make the screen bigger and make it taller just for the sake of a not "ugly" shape? Do a sideways version with a clickwheel on the left or right (and anyone who thinks that would be less controversial than "square" is living in a fantasy)?

I think this is the most logical design to go with, the screen is way bigger but the device seems to be not that much bigger (a little wider, but shorter). Or maybe I'm just not as shallow as those who make looks a higher priority than functionality.

Wayfarer
Aug 22, 2007, 12:44 PM
I don't like them

Don't get thrown off. These are not freaking authentic... http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sauer/angry-smiley-053.gif

knelto
Aug 22, 2007, 12:47 PM
Hi,
I don't know why nobody talk about a possible iPod Mini return... the iPod market has room to grow and more form factors needs to grow also...
So, these pictures could be the new iPod Mini... the iPod lineup would be:
Shuffle (same size, color): there is a need for high wearability ipods..
iPod nano: same has today, same visual interface, 2g, 4g, 8g
iPod mini: very thin, 8 gigs, 16 gigs, video capable, click wheel, screen size of the current ipod 5.5G, many colors, same interface as the current 5.5G iPod but with a revised look (more like the iPhone)
iPod: hard disk based, OSx based, iPhone interface, wi-fi ready for social networking via an option like iPod ramote, karaoke, same form factor has the current iPod but updated design and full screen view like the iPhone but minus the black stip at the top and at the bottom
This way, Apple can keep the iPod original form factor with full screen but keep the two plateform very distinct, the iPod mini replace the current iPod 5.5g essentially, the iPod nano stay the same !

What do you think ?
JF

The mini is dead. Period.

The shuffle is hard to guess. Probably will stay the same but with size bumps.
The nano is also hard to gauge, but my guess is the form factor will stay relatively similar, but with 4, 8, and 16 GB sizes. The big iPod (and this is debatable) will be iPhone minus phone, Wifi, BT, etc. Having any form of communication would make it too much like the iPhone and THAT'S when cannibalization happens. The iPod HAS to stick to media and high storage only.

I considered the idea of having something 5.5G-like staying, but it just doesn't make much sense. People want video and widescreen, and Apple, I hope, will deliver.

aliquis-
Aug 22, 2007, 12:48 PM
the ipod nano is supposed to be nano sized...and those ones look ugly and fat IMO..If they are only much shorter they won't look fat, ugly maybe.

pieman02
Aug 22, 2007, 12:48 PM
No freakin way they would make a brown ipod after giving M$ so much crap about their zune...not buyin it <.<

milo
Aug 22, 2007, 12:49 PM
Here's what I don't get...

There are Nano knockoffs all over eBay, Craigslist and the 'Net in general - similar form factor, slightly larger screen, capable of playing more file types including video, and also with an aluminum case. Why would apple make the Nano form factor so "fat" (read: as potentially wide as the regular iPod), when the slimline is one of the strongest sell points? Plus, do you really want to watch video on a screen *that* small? I find the screen on my 5G "about right," meaning that I don't use it as a substitute for full-screen DVD movies but when I'm trapped on BART or flying cross-country it works for me.

So let me get this straight...

The nano screen is too small for video. OK. But then making it bigger is bad? Make up your mind. Should it be small with a small screen, or a little bigger with a bigger screen?

bananas
Aug 22, 2007, 12:52 PM
fakiest spy pics i've ever seen :p

Mgkwho
Aug 22, 2007, 12:52 PM
Update - We've gotten our hands on a nice, large version of the picture, and as many of our astute readers have already noted, you can clearly see a window heading which reads "nano-flower.psd" at the top of the shot, which should give further pause to anyone taking this at face value.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/22/apples-3rd-generation-ipod-nano-revealed-in-spy-shots/

-=|Mgkwho

Sal510
Aug 22, 2007, 12:53 PM
is it jus me or doesnt it look like a video ipod??

jfmartin
Aug 22, 2007, 12:56 PM
The mini is dead. Period.

The shuffle is hard to guess. Probably will stay the same but with size bumps.
The nano is also hard to gauge, but my guess is the form factor will stay relatively similar, but with 4, 8, and 16 GB sizes. The big iPod (and this is debatable) will be iPhone minus phone, Wifi, BT, etc. Having any form of communication would make it too much like the iPhone and THAT'S when cannibalization happens. The iPod HAS to stick to media and high storage only.

I considered the idea of having something 5.5G-like staying, but it just doesn't make much sense. People want video and widescreen, and Apple, I hope, will deliver.

I think Apple need to add bigger screen to the iPod beside the big iPod models... look at the competition... big screen, smaller size than iPod... sandisk is a good example of that... the more iPod form factors that includes bigger screen, the more they can sell movies et music videos...

JF

-kritter-
Aug 22, 2007, 12:56 PM
unattractive, unappealing, unpleasant, hideous, unlovely, unprepossessing, unsightly, horrible, frightful, awful, ghastly, vile, revolting, repellent, repulsive, repugnant; grotesque, disgusting, monstrous, reptilian, misshapen, deformed, disfigured, plug-ugly, butt-ugly; homely, plain, not much to look at!

evey single one of these words describe this mockup/supposedly read photo,
the form factor the nano has now needs to stay...

freddiecable
Aug 22, 2007, 01:02 PM
agree with the proportions is bad and it is quite difficult to navigate the wheel when it is too close to the bottom of the pod - like regular mobile phones are constructed today.

i played for a couple of minutes with photoshop. put the wheel to the right and widescreen to the left - and voila...something quite usable and ok-looking.

mrowl
Aug 22, 2007, 01:04 PM
fake, fake, fake..

darwen
Aug 22, 2007, 01:08 PM

Um, all marketing images are passed in psd format. It is one of the few that dont compress. Jpeg files loose quality over time.

Nepenthe
Aug 22, 2007, 01:09 PM
The image is a screen shot from a photoshop file. Which Apple would presumably use to make advertisements.

But the shadows aren't consistent. Unless there was some weird lighting, and were photographed together, I don't think Apple would have nonsensical shadows in ads.

That is one of the suspicious parts. If you have ever read the Apple Human Interface Guidelines it states right at the beginning that minimal numbers of light sources should be used - preferably one, global light source illuminating everything from top to bottom (as opposed to side-to-side or angles). Granted that is mostly for designing software interfaces, but I'd think they would apply that to ads as well.

Multimedia
Aug 22, 2007, 01:10 PM
Put A Clip On The Back and they're Shuffles with a screen. I love how they're small enough to clip in same place as Shuffles. I keep my Shuffle clipped to the headband on the back of my baseball hats 24/7. Makes listening to the Shuffle super easy all the time. :)agree with the proportions is bad and it is quite difficult to navigate the wheel when it is too close to the bottom of the pod - like regular mobile phones are constructed today.

i played for a couple of minutes with photoshop. put the wheel to the right and widescreen to the left - and voila...something quite usable and ok-looking.Love it. wish Apple Design Team would follow your direction.

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=83075&d=1187805753

SPUY767
Aug 22, 2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah, that's a pretty major upgrade for the screen. Would be nice if they add video playback to the Nano. I might actually consider getting one to replace my aging 1st generation 5GB iPod.

Reminds me of the time I caught a clerk in Circuit City lying to a customer telling her that the nano played video. Me and that ghetto princess almost got in a fight. I ended up telling the would have been dupee to go to the apple store where they won't treat you like yesterday's rubbish.

thechefxxxv
Aug 22, 2007, 01:15 PM
I think they look pretty bad. I can watch movies on my 5.5 gen video, but anything smaller would be useless. I'm really more interested in the 6th gen Video iPods. I would think bluetooth transfer and a massive screen (size of the current iPod, but the screen covers the front) would be the most useful things to add.

iAlan
Aug 22, 2007, 01:17 PM
EDIT: Others have said the same as below so I guess I am following a trend here!

I don't think they are Nano's. The Nano form factor will stay the same. I am going with new flash based iPod's - a 4th iPod to the line.

Here's what I think....pure speculation and all...

Schuffle
Nano
"new flash iPod" (as pictures in this thread)
"full screen iPod Video (touch interface?)"

The possibe full face iPod video will be somewhere between the existing iPod and the iPhone - no WiFi so as not to canabilize the iPhone

gkhaldi
Aug 22, 2007, 01:18 PM
I can't believe people actually believe this.

(Full-sized Image) (http://www.9to5mac.com/files/Nano-spy-shot.png)

Look closely at the full size image. This is obviously a photoshop job designed to stir some commotion.

-The outline of the shadows are obviously fake.

-A cheap bevel effect was to create the awkward rounded edge of each device.

-The image is named "nano-flower.psd" ---an obvious indication of a photoshop job.

-It looks too way similiar to the current video iPod.

AND many members before have pointed out the various flaws. I am not convinced at all at this "mock-up"! :mad:

A disclaimer should be put with this rumor so it wouldn't discourage or throw people off! This should be taken as a grain of salt.

I feel you :D

corywoolf
Aug 22, 2007, 01:19 PM
I don't like the shape :S I guess it's cool if they are the new Nano's, I just wont be getting one :D That said, I love my current-gen one... it'd take something amazing to make me upgrade.

I agree, my current 2 GB 2G Silver nano is the best iPod I have owned. I have had five different iPods too. It is well refined, ergonomic, nice to hold, and the dimensions look right. This new one looks like it is a bit too wide, but it looks like it will be easier to grip. When the fist nanos came out, I thought they looked strangely narrow and long. So who knows, maybe the new design will grow on me.

JGowan
Aug 22, 2007, 01:20 PM
This is the equivalent of a sock in a jock... ugly, out of proportion and fake as *****.

Obviously, this is being passed off as the real deal and not just a lame mock-up of someone's Nano fantasy/wetdream -- 'cause it's a " 'spy shot' from one of our sources". Sure. Right. Whatever.

We could talk about the quality (or lack thereof) of the photo in question. We could about the crappy (and obvious) Photoshop bevel added to these imposters. We also could talk about the crappy/terrible drop shadow that Apple would never use in an ad.

We could talk all about these things, but I'd rather not. I'd rather talk about what's the most obvious problem with 9to5's fake-o-rama...

The FLOWER design.

Since Apple's big iMac/iLife/iWork unveil, we've all seen the new packaging for Apple's software suites iLife and iWork. 5 screens/documents that create kind of a pentagon or star -- some (cough, 9to5) might call it a Flower but it's a Star. Now, while it makes absolute sense to tie these two suites together so that people would naturally want to get PT. 1 and 2 of the software, it is completely implausible, to me at least, to think that not only would Apple use this new design composition in their two newest Software offerings, but that they would bring it on into some of the hardware ads.

No way.

Mgkwho
Aug 22, 2007, 01:22 PM
Yeah, too bad they're fake.

-=|Mgkwho

corywoolf
Aug 22, 2007, 01:23 PM
Put A Clip On The Back and they're Shuffles with a screen. I love how they're small enough to clip in same place as Shuffles. I keep my Shuffle clipped to the headband on the back of my baseball hats 24/7. Makes listening to the Shuffle super easy all the time. :)Love it. wish Apple Design Team would follow your direction.

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=83075&d=1187805753

If they can make the scroll wheel pivot 180 degrees then I am sold. Left handers would be happy and we could use it in the portrait mode still.

bigmc6000
Aug 22, 2007, 01:23 PM
agree with the proportions is bad and it is quite difficult to navigate the wheel when it is too close to the bottom of the pod - like regular mobile phones are constructed today.

i played for a couple of minutes with photoshop. put the wheel to the right and widescreen to the left - and voila...something quite usable and ok-looking.

Now what would be cool is if when you turned it the other way the click wheel had some backlighting or maybe a mechanism that would rotate the wheel with the screen and lock it into vertical (current position). Or maybe an adaptable graphic "wheel" just around the outside so when you rotated it "Menu" would stay at the top.

Of course this mock up looks lightyears better than the short fatty - I just really really don't like the short fatty - I can't even begin to think it's ergonomic to any stretch of the imagination.

corywoolf
Aug 22, 2007, 01:29 PM
This is the equivalent of a sock in a jock... kind of ugly and not real.

Obviously, this is being passed off as the real deal and not just a lame mock-up of someone's Nano fantasy/wetdream -- 'cause it's a " 'spy shot' from one of our sources". Sure. Right. Whatever.

We could talk about the quality (or lack thereof) of the photo in question. We could about the crappy (and obvious) Photoshop bevel added to these imposters. We also could talk about the crappy/terrible drop shadow that Apple would never use in an ad.

We could talk all about these things, but I'd rather not. I'd rather talk about what's the most obvious problem with 9to5's fake-o-rama...

The FLOWER design.

Since Apple's big iMac/iLife/iWork unveil, we've all seen the new packaging for Apple's software suites iLife and iWork. 5 screens/documents that create kind of a pentagon or star -- some (cough, 9to5) might call it a Flower but it's a Star. Now, while it makes absolute sense to tie these two suites together so that people would naturally want to get PT. 1 and 2 of the software, it is completely implausible, to me at least, to think that not only would Apple use this new design composition in their two newest Software offerings, but that they would bring it on into some of the hardware ads.

No way.

Right on, not to mention the fact that this image is at 100% size in PS. Apple would make higher resolution ads then this one, that fits entirely on the screen at full res. Total fake.

knome
Aug 22, 2007, 01:31 PM
The fact that its a .psd file instead of a jpg or something else just screams fake. Why would someone take a picture, get it in photoshop and make it a psd?

glowdragon
Aug 22, 2007, 01:32 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 3.3; U; AvantGo 3.2))

These things look absolutely hideous. I hope this gaggle of rumors is false.

i0Nic
Aug 22, 2007, 01:35 PM
Pic is real. Think about what they would feel like in your hand. They may *seem* gigantic, but that is because of the different porportions than what we are used to. These things are shorter than the current nano, and slightly wider. I think these give off a 'cute' yet sophisticated vibe rather than a sleek image portrayed by the first gen nano and carried over to the second gen. It will be great to have a new interface and video playback, and as someone said this new nano will basically replace both the 5.5g ipod and nano.. making way for the multi-touch 'true video' ipod.

Still, I'm not in a rush to sell my 8gb nano.

Dagless
Aug 22, 2007, 01:36 PM

Very true. I find them hideous, but I've never been in the market for such an MP3 player. Shuffle + full sized iPod for me.

ariza910
Aug 22, 2007, 01:36 PM

I don't think thats true - they did the same thing with the shuffle - went from long and skinny to more of a square shape and I think that the new shuffles appear smaller than the old long and skinny white shuffles.

Same thing will happen with these Nanos if the pics are real. the square shape along with the huge widescreen (for its size) will make them look smaller than the current gen Nanos.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a clip on the back of these Nanos just like the shuffles.

zap2
Aug 22, 2007, 01:37 PM
I think those would be fine...they can take the spot of the normal iPod, if it goes full touch screen, some will want a big screen, but still click wheel based 'Pod

P.B.
Aug 22, 2007, 01:40 PM

sorry, i appreciate your effort but these look _much_ worse to me than the "leaked" pictures. talking about "out of proportion"

Axeon
Aug 22, 2007, 01:47 PM
In all likelihood, these are probably real (unfortunately).

The "shadow" comment doesn't really prove anything, just look at this:

http://www.apple.com/iwork/

Notice the iWork box art? Notice the shadows?

bushman1
Aug 22, 2007, 01:48 PM
I think they look too much like a zune and if they had that soft plastic. I don't think they are real I believe they are a photoshop cross between an ipod and a zune. 8(

MacTheSpoon
Aug 22, 2007, 01:49 PM
Sigh. They probably work great, and video will be an awesome feature, but they do look pretty ugly to me. They look like overweight iPods, not small, cute and sexy like the nanos always have. I hope they look better in person. I hope they are smaller in person.

CaryMacGuy
Aug 22, 2007, 01:55 PM
I think that they should keep it the same size but make the screen bigger. There is no reason the current one's screen should be so small. It seems there is a lot of wasted space. Honestly, I would love to see the next gen iPod Nano look like this:

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=83079&stc=1&d=1187808844

G4R2
Aug 22, 2007, 01:57 PM
The fact that its a .psd file instead of a jpg or something else just screams fake. Why would someone take a picture, get it in photoshop and make it a psd?

The fact that it's a .psd file doesn't mean anything at all. The vast majority of images on the internet of actual products get processed through Photoshop or an equivalent application in some way or another. In fact it's a fair bet that the images of the new iMac's and other products on Apple.com have gone through some PS manipulation, yet those aren't fake at all.

There's a completely erroneous assumption that is rampant on these boards that equates PS to fake, but there is in fact no such correlation. Yes, fake images may be created in PS. So too are images of real products.

The legitimacy of this particular image has nothing to do whatsoever whether it was rendered in Photoshop or any other program. Asking the question of whether something is a Photoshop file or not doesn't necessarily lead to the conclusion that an image is authentic or fake.

What may get closer to an answer are a consideration of the following:

It may very well be that the image is a prediction of what the next iPod Nano may look like based on speculation. If that is so then the question would shift from a discussion about the legitimacy of the rendered image to the accuracy of the image.

p0intblank
Aug 22, 2007, 02:01 PM
Eh, I don't know about the design. It looks chubby... but the larger screen is a nice touch.

Aug 22, 2007, 02:04 PM
This is the equivalent of a sock in a jock... ugly, out of proportion and fake as *****.

We could also talk about the fact that the window bar reveals that the image is a PSD... Photoshop Document. :D

The FLOWER design.

In other words, the theme that they used with the original iMacs um... ten years ago.

No way.

Well, I won't say "never" but there are enough inconsistencies with Apple's industrial design themes at present that it doesn't quite make sense. Thematically, it looks like a return to the softer, more plastic-ish designs they churned out in 1998. Even if you remove the Photoshop bevel job out of the equation and think that this was indeed a design Apple had, it may have been one that they dropped a while ago.

When curved edges are undefined by a border, e.g. on the iPhone, and given a flat color, they lack depth and look REALLY cheap... even if the material used is, say, aluminum. Apple of today is more likely to steer clear of such Playskool design principles (though most American car manufacturers haven't figured this one out).

Additionally, the corner radius doesn't match Apple's apparent design principles. Look at the tighter corner radius of the iPhone and iMac. You might think this is trivial but back when the Mac Classic case was designed, they had specifications down to the millimeter for how many millimeters the front corner radii would be versus the rear case corner radii. They still apply design principles that aim toward a singular product or brand strategy... rather than away from it.

That being said, I could still be wrong if the dividing line between the "pro" look and the Playskool look is going to be below iPhone and iMac... that depends on what they've got coming out that is going to be positioned below the iMac line... and IMHO they do have such a product: Mobile Mac.

If Mobile Mac goes for a softer look to appeal to a younger set, and if a future lower-tier of iPhones are some soap-bar looking things all in one color instead of the much more expensive aluminum, glass and polished metal design, then this design is certainly plausible.

One last thing... while everyone is focusing on the scrollwheel being the common denominator, has anyone considered the possibility that it's the SCREEN that is the same size as the existing nano's? That would radically shrink the form factor of the nano.

AdMan2007
Aug 22, 2007, 02:05 PM
I work in advertising. And I just wanted to chime in.

Numerous times, a client will provide artwork as files like you see in the picture. The shadows are not always correct, nor is the alignment of the objects. The designer will typically correct all that before it gets an official layout (with copy).

So, you cannot write this off because of the file. My guess it is client-provided artwork that's being prepped. And who knows, perhaps it was given the shady characteristics to throw you all off.

That's my guess. But you better believe it, Apple knows eactly who has what artwork, especially if it's ahead of release, and you can be sure someone would be in big-time trouble.

My source at Apple tells me that all artwork provided to vendors and even used by Apple's marketing team are all slightly different for that very reason. One look at this - if it's real - and it won't be long before someone takes the fall.

currentinterest
Aug 22, 2007, 02:06 PM
According to 9to5 Mac Apple just made them take the pics down. Looks like the real thing.

vandlism
Aug 22, 2007, 02:08 PM
Apparently Apple has requested them to be taken down. Meanwhile, AAPL is up 4.41 today.

koobcamuk
Aug 22, 2007, 02:12 PM
...smells like something a horse would leave on the ground in a tightly coiled mound.

That's a seriously ill horse. Horses don't usually poop in tightly coiled mounds...

You must be thinking of an animal that's between a horse and a cow.

I'll be sticking with my current nano if these are anything to go by.

Telp
Aug 22, 2007, 02:13 PM
I sure hope those are not the real thing cause those things are damned ugly!!
:(:mad:

Black Belt
Aug 22, 2007, 02:14 PM
New from Apple, the brand new iPod Dumpy! :eek:

Hope it's not true. The current one and it's predecessor have a nice, elegant shape. Smaller is not necessarily better!

I agree. What did Apple do, fire the designer guy? First the keyboard and now this. Yeesh! They're making Dell look like Versace.

i0Nic
Aug 22, 2007, 02:15 PM
One last thing... while everyone is focusing on the scrollwheel being the common denominator, has anyone considered the possibility that it's the SCREEN that is the same size as the existing nano's? That would radically shrink the form factor of the nano.

I don't think so, it would make the click wheel unusable by being far too small.

anirban
Aug 22, 2007, 02:17 PM
I would be really depressed, and lose faith in Apple if those are the real ones.

I must admit that these "new" nanos look really, really ugly.

Codemonkey
Aug 22, 2007, 02:18 PM
sorry, i appreciate your effort but these look _much_ worse to me than the "leaked" pictures. talking about "out of proportion"

LOL

Wait.

You're serious.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

You do know that that's an actual nano housing right? So - how exactly is using an existing, real-life product as the basis for some concept art "out of proportion"?

Eric Lewis
Aug 22, 2007, 02:19 PM
http://www.9to5mac.com/

They were taken down...apple requested them too!

Codemonkey
Aug 22, 2007, 02:23 PM
http://www.9to5mac.com/

They were taken down...apple requested them too!

Lies. That was the most telling sign that these were fake - Apple Legal didn't tell them to cease-and-desist immediately. They're just trying to propegate the rumour a few more minutes, before we all come to our senses and move along.

CaryMacGuy
Aug 22, 2007, 02:23 PM
Maybe they didn't want stockholders to see that hideous design and cause their stock to go down because of it. I know that Apple could never put out something that looks like that. First of all, Apple knows that a lot of people use their Nanos to work out. Working out with that short and fat thing seems a little difficult. Maybe this year, it will be a small revision similar to what the iPod experienced. If that is the case, just add an FM tuner and I will be happy.

Codemonkey
Aug 22, 2007, 02:24 PM
This post removed due to the request of Apple Legal.

See? I can do it too...

overcast
Aug 22, 2007, 02:26 PM
See? I can do it too...
Omg there are Apple legal spies viewing this forum!?!

Eric Lewis
Aug 22, 2007, 02:26 PM

omg...his post was removed from Apple Legal? wow? what did he said? this is ****crazy

lofight
Aug 22, 2007, 02:27 PM
looked a little bit unreal, it looks like a zune...

Diabeetus
Aug 22, 2007, 02:27 PM
did you see the .psd file extension in the window bar? idiots. it's simply photoshopped. horrible lighting too

Eric Lewis
Aug 22, 2007, 02:28 PM
Omg there are Apple legal spies viewing this forum!?!
there is apple spies on this forum..his post was removed...this is crazy

~Shard~
Aug 22, 2007, 02:28 PM
The removal of these photos doesn't really prove anything either way. Either they are legit and Apple wants them removed, or they are such horrible mock-ups that Apple doesn't want them propogating and tarnishing their image. :p ;) :cool:

Eric Lewis
Aug 22, 2007, 02:29 PM

this is ****en crazy why are there apple spies here

there coming out sept 11!

rva1
Aug 22, 2007, 02:30 PM
If you ask me, and I KNOW that nobody has, these look like fakes to me. They just don't seem to represent the direction that Apple has taken recently with design form OR function. Think iPhone, iMac, or even the latest incarnation of the iPod nano.

Buschmaster
Aug 22, 2007, 02:32 PM
That'd be a cool iPod, but the problem is, it doesn't fall into the Nano's type. These should've been the 5.5 gen. Not the Nano.

At the same time, a new iPod will have to boast a lot of new iPhone-esk technology.

i0Nic
Aug 22, 2007, 02:34 PM
I find it really funny people saying 'it's ugly' 'it's fake, apple wouldn't make a design like this' etc etc.

Let me tell you something, the photo is REAL, those ARE the new nano's. At the very least, it is a very accurate mock-up.

Here are a few points to remember:
1. Scale- these things are small, yes they are a bit wider than the current nano but a lot shorter. They are definately cute and will fit very nicely in your hand. I agree that it will feel odd wearing them on your arm for running, but will work just as well as the current nano.

2. Context- without a steve keynote and a marketing campaign, it gives you little direction to what this nano is trying to achieve and where it fits in the market.

3. Photoshop- just because it is a photoshop file doesn't mean it's fake, everything goes through photoshop and there's no reason to believe someone who had brief access to such a file couldn't take a photo of it. In addition, that photo could've gone through photoshop itself, I'm sure I'm not the only one who runs all his photos through Photoshop for touch-ups.

4. Form factor- Apple have shown that they aren't afraid to deviate as seen with the ipod shuffle. This thing is not 5.5g ipod sized, it is SMALL. You are giving a knee-jerk reaction that you don't like it because it is not something you are used to. It happens all the time in design; you will get over it and appreciate the design. Think about it, it improves the current nano significantly by removing the superflous area on the top and bottom of the click wheel and increasing the screen size dramatically. It will fit better in your pocket than the current nano.

edit- Remember, this new Nano will be replacing both 5.5g ipod AND the nano... reason: new ipod will be video-centric (think iphone)

Black Belt
Aug 22, 2007, 02:41 PM
Hopefully they've been humiliated into not only pulling the pictures but pulling the design! I mean can't you just see the newsstories?

Apple goes from Cool to Square.

Robtastic
Aug 22, 2007, 02:42 PM
Yeah, this looks legit. The nano's place in the lineup is going to become the iPod we think of as it is today... the iPod's place is going to be something beyond the iPhone form factor... think iPhone without the phone and with a 6 inch screen or larger... it makes a lot of sense when you consider the lineup overall... and, it makes me think that's the reason the new bluetooth keyboard is so small... it's more of an accessory to the next iPod than it is the new iMacs... :)

dmelgar
Aug 22, 2007, 02:43 PM
Apple did release the dogs. Pictures have been pulled from 9to5. Makes it more likely that the pictures are real.

Black Belt
Aug 22, 2007, 02:44 PM
Whatever they do, they can't violate some basic design measurements or they will screw up all the accessories, Bose's etc everyone has bought.

ozontheroad
Aug 22, 2007, 02:48 PM
well these are just fugly ... and with this in mind I would have to say "real"

they need to keep this new trend up... first the new iMac... soon the new nanos.

fat is the new slim
ugly is the new beautiful

i just hope that leopard won't be the new windows :o

the first time i wondered "what the hell is steve thinking" was when that guy that introduced time machine walked on stage and did his thing. he's just wrong... I blame him he he :eek::D

G4R2
Aug 22, 2007, 02:48 PM
did you see the .psd file extension in the window bar? idiots. it's simply photoshopped. horrible lighting too

Just because something is Photoshopped doesn't mean it's not authentic. The vast majority of actual products that you see on the web, TV, or in print have been through PS. That doesn't make them any less authentic. There simply isn't any correlation between the authenticity of an image and the program that was used to create it.

The real question about this image is was it a legitimate image or not, and that's not a question that can be answered by determining whether it was processed in some way, as almost images inevitably are, through Photoshop.

What can be revealing is to determine how closely this image tracks with the trends that Apple has been following for this product line, not whether or not it has been piped through a ubiquitous program that is used to create both authentic and fake imagery.

Saying that it's fake because it's a .psd file is almost like saying it's a fake because that version of Photoshop happens to be running in OSX. It may be true that a lot of fake images originate on Photoshop, and it might also be true (or not) that the vast majority of those originate on versions of Photoshop running OS X (there's no way of telling), but the same can be said of all authentic images as well. There's simply no way of distinguishing based on this one criteria.

Codemonkey
Aug 22, 2007, 02:49 PM
Whatever they do, they can't violate some basic design measurements or they will screw up all the accessories, Bose's etc everyone has bought.

They can if they want to inject the market with mandatory new accessory sales... I'd venture to guess most people haven't bought replacement anything for their iPods (other than maybe headphones) since their initial purchase.

It's called planned obsolescence.

TimJim
Aug 22, 2007, 02:49 PM
i think their real. and there a apple spies on this site??

knelto
Aug 22, 2007, 02:51 PM
Hopefully they've been humiliated into not only pulling the pictures but pulling the design! I mean can't you just see the newsstories?

Apple goes from Cool to Square.

But...but...Huey Lewis says it's HIP to be square! What gives? :D

Loge
Aug 22, 2007, 02:51 PM
As long as the next regular-sized iPods don't look like that. :eek: Might just pick up one of the current nanos for the gym.

Black Belt
Aug 22, 2007, 02:52 PM
the first time i wondered "what the hell is steve thinking" was when that guy that introduced time machine walked on stage and did his thing. he's just wrong... I blame him he he :eek::D

Makes me wonder if Apple's time machine had a bug ( as if it wouldn't :p) and swapped Steve's mind with the mind of John Sculley.

netdog
Aug 22, 2007, 02:54 PM
As long as the next regular-sized iPods don't look like that. :eek: Might just pick up one of the current nanos for the gym.

Maybe these photos are part of a plot by Apple to boost current Nano 2G sales and Apple's legal team is just a playing their assigned role.

corywoolf
I work in advertising. And I just wanted to chime in.

Numerous times, a client will provide artwork as files like you see in the picture. The shadows are not always correct, nor is the alignment of the objects. The designer will typically correct all that before it gets an official layout (with copy).

So, you cannot write this off because of the file. My guess it is client-provided artwork that's being prepped. And who knows, perhaps it was given the shady characteristics to throw you all off.

That's my guess. But you better believe it, Apple knows eactly who has what artwork, especially if it's ahead of release, and you can be sure someone would be in big-time trouble.

My source at Apple tells me that all artwork provided to vendors and even used by Apple's marketing team are all slightly different for that very reason. One look at this - if it's real - and it won't be long before someone takes the fall.

Then you of all people should know that they wouldn't start with such low res. images.

zeppelin68
uglyyyy. Oh well, never liked the nanos anyway.

Black Belt

Yeah, I was dreading that coming. Apple will be using that as the new iTunes commercial. :rolleyes: Load your pistols now so you can do yourself in the ear before that music starts.

netdog
Aug 22, 2007, 02:55 PM
Then you of all people should know that they wouldn't start with such low res. images.

Fer frigging sake, it's a shot of a screen showing the artwork. Come on!

This is the real deal folks.

mashinhead
Aug 22, 2007, 02:55 PM

maybe they'll drop the price too. cos you can never be to fat. Or too cheap.

By one poster's size comparison from the old nano, it looks more like it's a shorter ipod not a shorter nano. Which kinda creates some questions of where the ipod will go from here?

iToaster
Aug 22, 2007, 02:56 PM
Let me say this... NOOOOOOOOOOO! Why would apple make their products look like this, that looks really bad to me. Introducing the new iPod Chub, it's not fat, just short. Yick, nanos are for people who don't want videos, why would Apple create this awkward looking thing. If they honestly release this, Ive is dead to me.

knelto
Aug 22, 2007, 02:57 PM
See? I can do it too...
He's mocking the fact that anyone can make it look like Apple Legal requested them to do something (ie take down a forum post). I want to believe that everyone buying it is just joking or being sarcastic, but part of me wonders...

calculus
Aug 22, 2007, 02:57 PM

Thank you SO much for putting that song in my head. I may have to sue you...

:p

netdog
Aug 22, 2007, 02:58 PM
If they honestly release this, Ive is dead to me.

Oh sure he is, fanboy. :D

rockstarjoe
Aug 22, 2007, 02:58 PM
Just for fun I decided to see what it would look like if these were the same width as the current Nanos (thus, not any fatter, but definitely a lot shorter). They would be so small that I don't know if the clickwheel would be useable. The screen would be about the same size, though.

(Only spent a minute on it, sorry for the crap quality)

Black Belt
Aug 22, 2007, 03:01 PM
Maybe they're going for a more burley, American Chopper market. This is the iPod FatBoy. It'll come out with an Orange County Chopper version. I can see the commercial now with Paul Sr. The first Apple commercial with bleeps.

Eduardo1971
Aug 22, 2007, 03:01 PM
Seems like the photos on 9to5mac.com were pulled.

Hopefully the pcitures aren't legit.

netdog
Aug 22, 2007, 03:03 PM
It actually looks a bit like the G4 iPod Photo.

~Shard~
Aug 22, 2007, 03:05 PM
Seems like the photos on 9to5mac.com were pulled.

Hopefully the pcitures aren't legit.

Yeah, that was already mentioned a few pages back already. And just because the pictures were pulled does not automatically mean they are legit.

Loge
Aug 22, 2007, 03:06 PM
Welcome to the iFUB (Fat Ugly *). :p

bananas
Aug 22, 2007, 03:07 PM
According to 9to5 Mac Apple just made them take the pics down. Looks like the real thing.

It was just so lame fake with such an ugly photoshop work that they (9to5) didn't dare to show those pics anymore

knelto
Aug 22, 2007, 03:08 PM
Thank you SO much for putting that song in my head. I may have to sue you...

:p

I may have to sue YOU for getting me to think about derivatives, integrals, and other memories I've been attempting to suppress! Maybe I'll hire Apple Legal too since they seem to be SO GOOD at taking things out of places they shouldn't be! :p

Codemonkey
Aug 22, 2007, 03:11 PM
He's mocking the fact that anyone can make it look like Apple Legal requested them to do something (ie take down a forum post). I want to believe that everyone buying it is just joking or being sarcastic, but part of me wonders...

LOL *thank you* for having a clue.

I'm starting to lose faith in the Mac FanBoy proper... when'd we start drinking the Kool-Aid?

knelto
Aug 22, 2007, 03:12 PM
Just for fun I decided to see what it would look like if these were the same width as the current Nanos (thus, not any fatter, but definitely a lot shorter). They would be so small that I don't know if the clickwheel would be useable. The screen would be about the same size, though.

Assuming you didn't mess with this picture other than cropping and rotating, does anyone else notice how OFF the screen level is (horizontally)? Or am I just seeing things?

corywoolf
Aug 22, 2007, 03:16 PM
Assuming you didn't mess with this picture other than cropping and rotating, does anyone else notice how OFF the screen level is (horizontally)? Or am I just seeing things?

lol, your right. I can't believe no one noticed this before your post. :eek: