PDA

View Full Version : Video questions

bograt
Aug 8, 2003, 05:00 AM
1. Is it possible to put real media files into iDVD, I haven't tried yet because I have to go and buy iLife - but I presume it may seem a little tricky, I managed to download video files and would like to put them onto a normal superdrive DVD-R along with my iMovies.

2. I have the Formac TV tuner (silver not white). I noticed that iChat AV can see it as a video source. So over Rendezvous I tried to watch the TV in the garden, however I was unable to get the sound from it, or to change the channel - I don't know why but whenever I closed down the TV app (won't run at same time as iChat) the channel reverted to BBC2 (I think) - I am in the UK so it is running on PAL - just incase this is the reason for anything.

Thanks for taking time to look at this, I hope that it is in the correct place - I couldn't really find where to put it.

Thanks in advance!

iJon
Aug 8, 2003, 06:22 AM
as far as i know you cannot import real media files into it and i dont know of a way you can. you might want to check versiontracker but i have a feeling you will be out of luck. with your other question. ichat probably doesnt know you are using a tv tuner and will not pick up sound over the coaxial. its looking for a microphone of some sort. try playing around in the settings of ichat to see if it is picking up the sound. ichat is only meant to work with so many things, but it being new and beta software it is easily tricked into using weird things, even usb webcams.

iJon

Schiffi
Aug 8, 2003, 11:36 AM
If you can play realmedia files full screen, and you have a TV-out, just record the files onto VHS and using the Formac save as mpg, mp4 or what ever it does.

Try using composite instead coaxil for the TV thingy ma doo

kiwi_the_iwik
Aug 10, 2003, 03:48 AM
Sounds like a Formac driver software tweak is required...

If, over Rendezvous, you can get video/audio from an iSight (or another type of camera and microphone), then the problem surely lies with the TV tuner. It sees the Formac system because it's a firewire source - come to think of it, I might try it with the MyTv unit that I have (even though it's USB, if I try adding the USB Webcam patch, it might see the tuner as a source, and I can try doing the same as you...).

You can always look through www.versiontracker.com for any updates, or 3rd party patches that may come out.

It sounds like a brilliant solution to watch the cricket or rugby in the garden, whilst slurping down a beer or Pena Colada...

;)

irmongoose
Aug 10, 2003, 04:50 AM
Gahh... I just tried doing iChatAV with my TV tuner and it turns out that I don't get audio... but something weird is that the image is bękwards... hmm...

irmongoose