PDA

View Full Version : a new mac user: need Help

reybart
Aug 8, 2003, 08:27 AM
Hello everybody. I am so curios manipulating my new TiBook and wondered what it looked when I choose the Mac OS 9 which is also installed on my new "baby". After doing so, I found it to be not that exciting compared to MAc OS X. I want to go bak to this better application, unfortunately, that was the beginning of my problem. I DO NOT KNOW how. I have been figuring it out since last night not but to no avail. Anyone who can help me please. I tried to use the restore CD but it seems that this MAC os X is still there. Please Guys! I need help. AS I am typing this I am using my windows.:confused:

reybart
Aug 8, 2003, 08:31 AM
I got it:p

Horrortaxi
Aug 8, 2003, 09:19 AM
Did you use apple menu-control panels-startup disk-OS X? Takes 5 seconds. Hopefully you didn't have to restore.

idea_hamster
Aug 8, 2003, 09:23 AM
Good to hear you solved your problem. Remember, the answer's there and you probably won't harm anything by flailing around a bit.

Reminds me of my first Mac experience (on a "Power"book 180c) -- I had created a file on the desktop and wanted to rename it. Looked everywhere for "Rename" -- in manuals, menus, control panels...nothing. Eventually, I stumbled onto the solution: to change the name, click...on...the...name -- Ahhh!.

Welcome aboard!

(Was that a pun?)

reybart
Aug 8, 2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Horrortaxi
Did you use apple menu-control panels-startup disk-OS X? Takes 5 seconds. Hopefully you didn't have to restore.
Yes , that is exactly how it worked..:)