Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b257177

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Okay, so we finally finished our review of the UltimateBuds headphone solution for the Apple iPhone. Linked to below, in the signature, and also linked to here.

All in all, a great product for those looking into a mid-level price range headphone solution for their Apple iPhone that *does not* require and adapter or extension.

ToddW

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2004
its too bad those guys can't do that with other headphones, like some Super fi 5 Pros or some of the Shure brands. I have a set of shures and super fi IEM that I would greatly pay 40 bucks a piece to have them retro fit the ipod cable to them.

b257177

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
its too bad those guys can't do that with other headphones, like some Super fi 5 Pros or some of the Shure brands. I have a set of shures and super fi IEM that I would greatly pay 40 bucks a piece to have them retro fit the ipod cable to them.

To their credit, their web site speaks to working on extending the goodness to other brands/options of headphones. You just might get your wish!

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
I've owned the er6i's, the er4p's (both by etymotic) and now the se530 from Shure. Too bad they can't do it to the er4p's... I'd buy them in a second. They did say they were working on a solution for other earbuds. I hope they can mod the er4ps with the iPhone cable, and have it sound the same as the stock cable. The er6is are good nonetheless. They're pretty much 80% of the er4ps, just not as full or polished. I like my se530s but i cant help but feel like i overpaid for them... They're kind of a step sideways from the er4ps for me but im still breaking them in.

b257177

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
...Too bad they can't do it to the er4p's... I'd buy them in a second...

Have you emailed them about it? I am sure they have a large "orders in queue" to work through, given the positive press they are getting, but they just might do it... and, their customer service is incredible, so if nothing else you'll probably get a quick reply telling you no.

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
Have you emailed them about it? I am sure they have a large "orders in queue" to work through, given the positive press they are getting, but they just might do it... and, their customer service is incredible, so if nothing else you'll probably get a quick reply telling you no.

I have, they said to wait and check it out. Seeing their comments about the er6i's (it's the only high-end earbud that's easily detachable from the cable) I'm guessing the ER4p's will have to have some other type of mod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.