Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giovanni.apd

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
I am attempting to install Windows on my intel iMac through the use of BootCamp.
I have reached the stage where I install Windows. I have partitioned the drive and am now booting from the Wondows XP Professional Edition DVD in order to install the OS.
My problem occurs as I reach a blue screen with instructions prompting me to press the enter key to continue the installation. My wireless keyboard, of course, is not recognized. I went out and bought a PS/2 to USB adapter in order to use my old PC keyboards to press ENTER. Curiously, this did not work. I since went out and bought a USB keyboard, the cheapest I could find. Frustratingly enough, this also doesn't solve the problem.
I have attempted restarting the computer, and restarting into MacOS (the bluetooth keyboard is recognized during start-up), but nothing has helped, I'm hoping you guys ca.
Thanks for any tips you can give!

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
Try this:

Assuming by wireless you mean the Apple branded bluetooth keyboard, you can hold down option as you boot (which brings up the Boot to Apple / Boot to CD menu thing). Once you get there, press the arrow keys on the Bluetooth keyboard enough so that it recognizes. It will pick up after a bunch of key strokes. Then, use the BT keyboard to select the CD, and it will recognize your key presses during the setup.

Ta-dah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.