Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
I might trade in my ps3 for a 369 becuase there are like no new games and I want halo 3 and they have rumble controllers what do you guys think. I don't have an money left since I just bought my black macbook! So my only option is to trade in my ps3!

michaelltd

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2005
I think you should hold on to it for a bit longer. Good games are on the way.

So I say, don't sell your PS3... unless you're willing to sell it to me for a discounted price..?:eek:

Antares

macrumors 68000
There are quite a bit of good games coming out soon for the PS3. I would definitely say hold onto it. I think that you would be happy, in the long run, that you kept the PS3. Anyway, you will always be able to eventually buy Halo 3 to play on the Macbook (I don't know how well it would run, though).

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm thinking about selling mine too. I only paid £299, I could easily make a tiny profit on it. Might get rid of it before Xmas and buy a PSP-2000.
Haven't seen the thing in a few weeks either.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I think you should trade in your ps3 for 369 to get the xbox 360 with the rumble controllers to play halo 3 soon since there are no good games for the ps3 do you have a way to get a government discount on the new xbox?!!!!!one!!!!!!!!!!!!

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Personally I'd keep it......now that you have it.

I want a 360 more now, but I really would use both. Keep the PS3, and save for the 360.

In the end, it will save you $$.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
I vote for keeping the PS3.

(As I've posted in a similar thread about iMac's, what you're feeling is called 'cognitive dissonance', also known as 'Buyer's Remorse'. It'll pass.

:)

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I think you should of done some research on your purchase before you dive in.....you got a console in its first year of course there are not a lot of games but if you would wait awhile then you'll see.

Rumble....I can't do nothing to remedy this for you pal....like I said you shoulda known.

If you are not happy with it then sell...makes no since keeping it if its of no use.

Bless

timmillwood

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2006
I am in a similar situation, but I have neither the PS3 or the Xbox 360 and I can only afford one.

What should I get:
Xbox for Bioshock and Halo 3
PS3 for Resistance and Motostorm

I think I will go for the Xbox, there are better games out and will be out.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
^ Resistance and Halo 3 (possibly) are bog standard shooters. Motorstorm is average at best, not as fast or engaging as other next-gen racers.

Bioshock is something different. It'll take over Twilight Princess as the highest rated game this gen without doubt.
And Xbox Live, 3 year warranty, cheaper cost to just play games, rumble controllers (also compatible with PC/Mac).

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Not to steal the thread or anything, but I've let the PS3 go. Sold it to one of my cousins friends. I've still got my cousins PS3 to play when the big hitters come out.

iSwitchd

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2007
i would trade it in.

I just got rid of my PS3 and traded it for a 360 Elite. I was not impressed w/ the PS3 at all....nice being out for almost a year and the strongest game was a launch title (Resistance). Pathetic.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
If you have looked at the PS3's forthcoming release line up and have decided there is nothing you want - and have in turn looked at the 360 lineup and seen games you want..... then the choice seems obvious.

Forget about the strenghts and weaknesses, forget about fanboyisms. If the games you want are on the other system then it's kind of a no-brainer.

So the best advice is... use common sense.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Generally I would recommend the 360 just due to the current better games lineup, unless the OP preferred the upcoming PS3 games; It's all about what you like.

But if you already own a PS3, consider that selling it will mean a loss, and Sony hasn't hit with their big titles. I'd keep the PS3 through the holiday season, and if you still don't like it AFTER Sony launches some AAA titles, then sell it. Selling right before the good games come out is kind of a waste of the original purchase.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
You could find a straight up trade for a Premium or maybe even an Elite on Craigs List in like two seconds flat. That's what I would do, but I'm a CL addict.

progx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2003
Pennsylvania
I might trade in my ps3 for a 369 becuase there are like no new games and I want halo 3 and they have rumble controllers what do you guys think. I don't have an money left since I just bought my black macbook! So my only option is to trade in my ps3!

After looking at the latest gameplay trailer for Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer, you'd be crazy to part with it!

I'm going to pick up a 60 GB PS3 and get ready for it. Besides, your 360 friends will have Halo 3, just play it there. Or just save your money and buy a 360, plus keeping the PS3.

Besides, the only reliable 360 is the Elite. From what I've heard, it doesn't have any of the problems that many 360 consoles are facing.

progx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2003
Pennsylvania
^ Resistance and Halo 3 (possibly) are bog standard shooters. Motorstorm is average at best, not as fast or engaging as other next-gen racers.

Bioshock is something different. It'll take over Twilight Princess as the highest rated game this gen without doubt.
And Xbox Live, 3 year warranty, cheaper cost to just play games, rumble controllers (also compatible with PC/Mac).

Zelda Twilight Princess and Bioshock are completely different titles. Apples and oranges.

Metroid and Bioshock would be a fair comparison. Although, I think Metroid may outsell Bioshock since there are more Wiis in households than 360s.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
I'd trade in for a 360. Bioshock, Halo 3, Forza 2, Gears of War, and Crackdown are all great exclusive games. Plus with Xbox Live on top of it, how can you go wrong? :cool:
*But* I wouldn't get a 360 just for the rumble controllers and halo 3, because IIRC Sony is supposedly working on a rumble controller for the PS3, and Sony will probably make a clone of Halo. I would say get a 360 if you can afford XBL, because it is a huge part of what makes the 360 great.

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
I'd trade in for a 360. Bioshock, Halo 3, Forza 2, Gears of War, and Crackdown are all great exclusive games. Plus with Xbox Live on top of it, how can you go wrong? :cool:
*But* I wouldn't get a 360 just for the rumble controllers and halo 3, because IIRC Sony is supposedly working on a rumble controller for the PS3, and Sony will probably make a clone of Halo. I would say get a 360 if you can afford XBL, because it is a huge part of what makes the 360 great.

I agree, there are several reasons to get a 360 but Halo 3 (a mediocre game) and rumble controllers are not one of them.

I say hold on to your PS3 a little bit more, great games are coming and most games are going the multi-platform way.

Rychy

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2007
Wow, I'm in the exact same dilemma. I saved up enough credit at Game Crazy to get a new console... well time was running down on how long my store credit was good for, and I decided I didn't want to get a 360 anywhere but Costco (return policy). So I got the PS3... and yeah I don't like it much, there's nothing exclusive that I really want to play until sometime next year. Now I'm thinking about buying a 360 and trading the PS3 in ($350) for the accessories I need and maybe a DS Lite. Decisions, decisions...

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
I'm not gonna! My parents said no but I agreed! Guitar hero 3 is coming out for it, metal gear solid 4, and KILLZONE 2! There are some more great games plus the controllers will soon have rumble. I just got madden 08 2day for ps3 so I'm gonna keep it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.