Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Business or Pleasure

• Business (Work, School)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Pleasure (Basic User, Gamer)

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters

bembol

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Just wanted to see what the majority uses it for, especially the High-End Users who Upgraded their iMac's from RAM to HDD to 2.8GHz Extreme! What do you use it for?

Pleasure with 2.4GHz 24" iMac. Basic user here (Safari, iPhoto, iTunes) and even upgraded the RAM with an additional 2GB Kingston. I would like to try Gaming on this, looking for deal on Call of Duty 2.

rainydays

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2006
I will use it for both. But mostly graphics design and web development (paid work) and for music production (the opposite).

24", 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD

pigoz

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2007
Milan, Italy
I will mainly use it for programming (for school or personal projects), watching movies and common internet browsing.. :)

oduinnin

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2007
Planet Earth
Couldn't pick because ...

I'm a "Prosumer". I'll be using my iMac for amateur photography, home video editing, tracking finances, designing my next home, email, web surfing, family genealogy research, buying /storing / playing music, building web sites including group sites. It would seem my entire life revolves around my Mac! :eek:

P.S. I also like to hike, fly fish, take nature photos. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.