PDA

View Full Version : What tablet?

timmillwood
Aug 26, 2007, 06:56 PM
I am new to Ai and i think a tablet might make things easier.

Being a newbie to tablets i dont really want to pay a lot. What do you recommend? is it really better than a mouse?

xparaparafreakx
Aug 26, 2007, 08:59 PM
I won't start something with you but other will tell you to use the search before asking a questions.

What are your needs?

graphire wired - for regular need and if 512 pressure is enough

graphire wireless - everything graphire but bluetooth (what I have)

intuos - bigger size and better pens and more pressure. (younger brother has this)

Get a 6x8 with any option.

Artful Dodger
Sep 9, 2007, 09:44 PM
I would say get a 6x8 to start with as it's very easy to travel with (also around the home). I really like the Intuos 3 by Wacom (see my sig) as I think having a nice feeling grip pen makes a vast difference than the all plastic pens (just my feeling). I think once you use it for about a week it will become second nature. I use it to browse the web and well, everything but typing.
I would go to an Apple Store or any local shop that has them on display at test one out. I know you are thinking about $$$ but a tablet is a very good investment and if you only do it once, spend a bit more and get one that feels the best in your hand (it will thank you later ;)).
I would go wired over any BT/wireless tablet but again it's just my take on it. Good luck and enjoy the one you choose :)