PDA

View Full Version : Hulk Hogan's Son in Serious Condition

xsedrinam
Aug 26, 2007, 10:32 PM
News just breaking from South Florida. Hogan's son in crash (http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/26/hogan.crash/index.html) High speed, loss of control and crashed in to a palm tree. Hogan was not driving.

nickster9224
Aug 26, 2007, 10:49 PM
the article said hogan's son was driving.

xsedrinam
Aug 26, 2007, 10:57 PM
the article said hogan's son was driving.
You're correct. My bad. "Nick Bollea, 17, was the driver of a Toyota Supra that went out of control while driving at a "high rate." Read.

jsw
Aug 26, 2007, 11:15 PM
You're correct. My bad. "Nick Bollea, 17, was the driver of a Toyota Supra that went out of control while driving at a "high rate." Read.
Just to be clear, as the "Read." at the end makes me uncertain as to whether this was intended as sarcasm, but Nick Bollea is Hulk Hogan's son.

MacNut
Aug 26, 2007, 11:16 PM
Is this really news.:rolleyes:

I really don't understand how CNN decides what news counts as "breaking".

xsedrinam
Aug 26, 2007, 11:21 PM
Just to be clear, as the "Read." at the end makes me uncertain as to whether this was intended as sarcasm, but Nick Bollea is Hulk Hogan's son.
Read, as in past tense, and corrected. There was no sarcasm. I left it to indicate my mistake.

OnceUGoMac
Aug 26, 2007, 11:26 PM
This doesn't surprise me. He races cars as a hobby and seems a bit reckless. He seems like a cool kid, though.

yg17
Aug 27, 2007, 12:12 AM
Found this on another forum, it appears to be the car

Counterfit
Aug 27, 2007, 12:38 AM
Seems like he smacked a tree with the back corner. His buddy in this video (http://tbo.com/video/xml/MGBM2MEFU5F.html) said they were just at a drifting event two days ago. I have the feeling this was something similar...

Actually, it looks like he could have spun it and backed into something.

Abstract
Aug 27, 2007, 01:28 AM
In other news, two teenagers named ______ and _______ got into a car accident. Both passengers were injured, and there were no fatalities.

They must use a template to report this sort of boring ass news. :rolleyes:

Dagless
Aug 27, 2007, 05:27 AM

Celebrity and/or relative of such.

GoCubsGo
Aug 27, 2007, 07:13 AM

Because this type of event, despite who was behind the wheel, is a major problem with many US teens and young adults. It is not to say that all teens and young adults are reckless behind a wheel, but it is something that is quite real and very much an issue. Seems to me that while passing local high schools on my way home many younger people are driving cars that are just too much for them (Ie: BMW M3, some sporty Benz, etc.). But, before every young kid flames me, for every one reckless driver out there under the age of 21 there are probably at least 5-10 safe ones if not more.

This doesn't surprise me. He races cars as a hobby and seems a bit reckless. He seems like a cool kid, though.
Yes he is very cool...I'm sure that is the message we're all supposed to get here. :rolleyes: I'm sure he's a laid back kid.

That too. ;)

In other news, Owen Wilson is in the hosipital and that is sad news as they're reporting possible attempt at his own life. :(

Cabbit
Aug 27, 2007, 07:57 AM
wow news about someone i never heard of, when normally this type of thing is left to the local free news paper

nateDEEZY
Aug 27, 2007, 08:57 AM
Because this type of event, despite who was behind the wheel, is a major problem with many US teens and young adults. It is not to say that all teens and young adults are reckless behind a wheel, but it is something that is quite real and very much an issue. Seems to me that while passing local high schools on my way home many younger people are driving cars that are just too much for them (Ie: BMW M3, some sporty Benz, etc.). But, before every young kid flames me, for every one reckless driver out there under the age of 21 there are probably at least 5-10 safe ones if not more.

I kind of agree with that statement, but it's not so much a car that's too much for them. It's the fact that at that age, and immaturity, teen's tend to think they are invincible and can do things like that without ever thinking of the consequences. There are a handful of times that could've been me in the wreck, and I'm thankful I didn't have to learn the hard way. Also, there has to be a lot more than 5~10 safe ones! ;p

In other news, Owen Wilson is in the hosipital and that is sad news as they're reporting possible attempt at his own life. :(

Seriously?!?!?!?!

rockthecasbah
Aug 27, 2007, 09:08 AM

Obviously the reason is celebrity status, and whether or not it is deserving of being reported doesn't take away from the fact that it is a human life.

noaccess
Aug 27, 2007, 01:24 PM
Seriously?!?!?!?!
Looks like it... slit his wrist and swallowed lots of pills.
Link (http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Entertainment/2007/08/26/report_actor_owen_wilson_in_suicide_try/9736/)

OnceUGoMac
Aug 27, 2007, 02:06 PM
Yes he is very cool...I'm sure that is the message we're all supposed to get here. :rolleyes: I'm sure he's a laid back kid.

Why so hostile? Did he not respond to your fan mail or something?

CortexRock
Aug 27, 2007, 02:10 PM
Way off topic, but that picture of the crashed car looks like Bumblebee from Michael Bay's Transformers, half way through changing from robot to car mode. :D

MacNut
Aug 27, 2007, 03:25 PM

That too. ;)

wow news about someone i never heard of, when normally this type of thing is left to the local free news paper

Obviously the reason is celebrity status, and whether or not it is deserving of being reported doesn't take away from the fact that it is a human life.My problem is not that it was reported but the fact that CNN and all the other networks seem to be forgetting what counts as news, I would not consider Hulk Hogan's son to be a celebrity nor a story that deserves CNN coverage when this sort of thing happens every day with no mention.

I also don't like how celebrity news that really has no business being called news is on networks like CNN just to get a rating.

zioxide
Aug 27, 2007, 04:34 PM
what an idiot

who cares anyways. more people get killed/seriously injured in accidents that aren't their fault but it's never breaking news.

Dagless
Aug 27, 2007, 08:17 PM
Yea, it's bad that anyone is in hospital for an accident. But if the guy was speeding then *shrugs* their own fault. Guy could have injured someone who wasn't speeding.

bousozoku
Aug 27, 2007, 09:36 PM

It's just a good thing he didn't hurt anyone else. These events are too numerous in Florid...ummmm, I'll get hate mail if I spell it the way I think of it. :D

Some woman was sitting on a bench waiting for a bus and was hit by one of two cars drag racing. Her mobility is practically gone. It's so horrible that she ruined their fun but I bet they were very kewl kids.

Counterfit
Aug 27, 2007, 11:13 PM
Way off topic, but that picture of the crashed car looks like Bumblebee from Michael Bay's Transformers, half way through changing from robot to car mode. :D

He crashed a Toyota Supra. GM is gonna sue you for that. :p
Yea, it's bad that anyone is in hospital for an accident. But if the guy was dorifuto-ing then *shrugs* their own fault. Guy could have injured someone who wasn't dorifuto-ing.

Fixed.

Roric
Aug 28, 2007, 08:34 AM
Yea, it's bad that anyone is in hospital for an accident. But if the guy was speeding then *shrugs* their own fault. Guy could have injured someone who wasn't speeding.

You mean like his passenger?

He was went from serious condition to being released in one day, but his passenger is still in the hospital in critical condition.

Reportedly he was ticketed earlier this month for going 82 mph in a 45mph construction zone. Anyone who thinks this loser is "cool" needs to seriously reconsider their values.

Dagless
Aug 29, 2007, 09:45 AM
He needs his license revoked ASAP.

ejb190
Aug 29, 2007, 08:55 PM
High performance car + Teenage driver = A disaster.

Seen it way too often...

(And kids wonder why their insurance is so high)