PDA

View Full Version : Logo I made

Jasonbot
Aug 29, 2007, 11:37 AM
This was kinda an inside joke between me and a buddy. We were talking about what kind of professions we wanted to go into after school and after realising that I have nothing to fall back on he came up with the idea of Otter farming. Apparently Otters are pretty low maintenance so it would be good to farm them. I added the whole lasers on teh head thing because lasers on creatures is always cool.

But anyways, enough of the whole background story. please criticise my design:

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1458/otteraa1.jpg

motulist
Aug 29, 2007, 11:50 AM
Cute. But I think if you wanted it to be anything other than a fun joke between friends then it needs a lot of work.

dejo
Aug 29, 2007, 11:54 AM
I find the text very hard to read.

Jasonbot
Aug 29, 2007, 12:00 PM
I find the text very hard to read.

I guess thats due to the bad quality of the image.

[damn! I think I deleted the .psd! Oh well]

EDIT: 1500th post woot!

dejo
Aug 29, 2007, 01:03 PM
I guess thats due to the bad quality of the image.
No, it's the font.

nsbio
Aug 29, 2007, 04:53 PM
If otters are in such a great demand, then it does not really matter whether your logo is good or bad - just sell as many otters as you can while you are starting up. The logo will come later.

Cult Follower
Aug 29, 2007, 05:50 PM
No, it's the font.

I agree.

qualleyiv
Aug 29, 2007, 06:25 PM
Well, good logo or not, if you're going to farm otters then you may want to learn that the plural of "otter" is "otters" not (as you have it) "otter's". If one otter were going to OWN the farm then it would be "otter's farm" or, if more than one otters were going to OWN the farm then it would be "otters' farm." But, unless your otters are going to posses something, then you can drop the apostrophe.

Also, since a group of otters is a "romp" maybe you want to include that in your name or logo :)

Aug 29, 2007, 06:52 PM
The font is hard to read, but I love the logo. The little otter with the laser on its head is absolutely charming.:)

Jasonbot
Aug 30, 2007, 05:34 AM
The font is hard to read, but I love the logo. The little otter with the laser on its head is absolutely charming.:)

Yay, a fan!