PDA

View Full Version : IOGear USB2 PCI

mnkeybsness
Aug 11, 2003, 03:23 PM
I seem to be having major problems with my IOGear USB2 PCI card. The usual stuff, Quicksilver, 10.2.6, gig of RAM, too many HDDs and a Sony DSC-F717 digital camera. I usually leave the USB cable plugged into the PCI card because it's a pain in the butt to try to unplug it and plug it back in whenever I need it, which is quite often. So after the last to photoshoots I went out on, I came back and started importing my photos into iPhoto. After one image finishes uploading, transfer slows to a halt, and iPhoto stops responding. so I force quit iPhoto, but then I find that my Finder is locked up also. Most of the time it won't relaunch, and when it does, it either will run incredibly slow, or won't recognize when I try to plug my camera back in.

I've repaired permissions, reinstalled the USB2 drivers, restarted countless times, but the only thing that seems to work is plugging the camera into on of my original USB ports. I managed to load up the Apple System Profiler while the camera was plugged into the USB2 card, and I noticed something really odd: I've got my keyboard and a 4-port USB hub running from my original ports, plugged into the hub is a Keyspan DMR (remote) and my Epson Photo printer...But, the Apple System Profiler, it shows that my Camera and Kayspan DMR are running off of the same PCI bus...but they aren't even connected to the same bus, one is on the USB2 PCI card and the other is in the hub connected to the original USB port.

What is going on? This is really making me angry. Any help is always greatly appreciated.

mnkeybsness
Aug 11, 2003, 07:42 PM
i'm afraid that people may just be too lazy that when they see how much i wrote in that post they just go to the next topic...

i'm in dire need of help here :(

crazzyeddie
Aug 11, 2003, 08:31 PM
It may be showing up on the same bus because of apple drivers?

mnkeybsness
Aug 12, 2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by crazzyeddie
It may be showing up on the same bus because of apple drivers?

that makes no sense at all...sorry...

does anyone have any ideas?