Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nawlins

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2003
Chicago
I've only had my Powerbook for a few weeks, and am in love with it. My family is in dire need of a new computer, and I'm trying to convince them to purchase an iMac (the monitor is the coolest thing ever; a PowerMac is too extravagant and expensive). My mom's only concern is that she uses Lotus Notes for work, and she doesn't think she can use it on a Mac.

Is there a Lotus Notes program for Macs? Help me help my family buy a Mac :)

Toby O Notoby

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2003
Singapore
Is there Notes for Mac? Sure, I use it at my company.

Personally, of all the apps I use in my day-to-day life, it's my least favorite. I've never really used it on a PC, so I'm not sure if it's just a bad port, but my God what an ungainly program.

That's a rant for another time, however. For now, yes, you can use Notes on a Mac.

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
Even though it does exist for the Mac, make sure to see if the company did any sort of customizations for Notes. My companies is big on that, Notes actually uses them as an example of a Notes Power-user kinda thing. I heard that with all the customizations and the codes, the Notes dbases/forms/buttons/etc. might not work on the Mac.

Maybe I will find out more info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.