PDA

View Full Version : King of the PDA/Portable hill BlackBerry gets updated with c...

MacBytes
Aug 11, 2003, 09:15 PM
Category: 3rd Party Software
Link: King of the PDA/Portable hill BlackBerry gets updated with color screen (http://www.msnbc.com/news/949399.asp?0cv=CB20)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

capacity
Aug 12, 2003, 12:26 AM
Is this thing compatible with iSync? Sounds pretty cool...

G5orbust
Aug 12, 2003, 01:10 AM
I believe blackberries are compatalble with isync.

Mudbug
Aug 12, 2003, 10:16 AM
unfortunately, no, they're not mac compatible yet, but there are companies working on a sync solution for mac which would use isync/ical or an entourage style interface.

This is the "it" device for the hollywood elite, who for the most part choose macs as thier computers of choice, so having a mac sync solution should be of interest to BlackBerry.

cubist
Aug 12, 2003, 11:47 AM
Blackberry? "King of the PDA/Portable Hill"? Aren't these the people that the Inquirer refers to as "Lawsuits in Motion" - the jerks who patented a small ASCII keyboard and then are suing anyone with a small keyboard? Companies with that kind of asinine attitude deserve to go out of business.

AngryAngel
Aug 12, 2003, 05:30 PM
Do those prices sound outrageously high to you?

Compared to the UK, they do to me.

I just got a Sony Ericsson T610 mobile phone with large colour screen, Bluetooth, GRPS WAP, Java games/applications (downloadable), digital camera, multimedia messaging, email, organiser, etc.

*iSync compatible* for...

*free*... with 15GPB a month (500 minutes off peak calls included), 12 month minimum contract. Including lots of promotional extras, including free unlimited GRPS WAP access for a month (usually charged at 5GBP per MB for 1st MB, then 2.50GPB for additional MB, per month.).

At least the UK has one area where it is cheaper than the US.

illumin8
Aug 12, 2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by cubist
Blackberry? "King of the PDA/Portable Hill"? Aren't these the people that the Inquirer refers to as "Lawsuits in Motion" - the jerks who patented a small ASCII keyboard and then are suing anyone with a small keyboard? Companies with that kind of asinine attitude deserve to go out of business.
Have you ever used a Blackberry? Don't knock it until you've tried it. It is an amazing portable email solution. Basically you have a fully functional Microsoft Outlook client with triple DES encryption in a wireless form factor that works anywhere in the US. There is no other wireless email solution that even compares.

Also, they were the first to create a useable thumb keyboard, so I could see why they might want to sue other companies that copied their design.