PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Pro and iBook battery issues

spjonesi
Aug 30, 2007, 08:59 PM
OK, so I have a brand new macbook pro. 2.4 ghz 4gb ram etc. I'm having a battery issue on it. IT IS -NOT- that the batteries are discharging to 97% or whatever when they are plugged in...

It is that it neither of my computers do this! I transferred settings over from my iBook to my MBP and now it acts just as goofy. If they are plugged in with the battery, they show 100% charge all the time.

The iBook started acting up after I replaced the hard drive and took it apart...so I kind of figured I just effed something up. On the iBook I reset the PMU and vram and it persisted so I left it as I was getting the new computer anyway.

So the iBook doesn't do it, now it appears the MBP doesn't either. Am I being too picky here? I don't leave the MBP plugged in all the time, so is it that the MBP doesn't show a discharge as soon as the iBook did?

Right now I've been sitting at 100% on my MBP for over an hour. Normal, or not?

This is my last step before calling apple.

joneSi

mad jew
Aug 30, 2007, 09:22 PM
I'm not quite sure that you've got a problem... If you run the battery flat and then plug it back into the charger, does it immediately go to 100%? Is that the problem?

spjonesi
Aug 30, 2007, 09:32 PM
Nope, that isn't the problem. If I let it discharge, it goes to whatever %. Then when I plug it in, the adapter goes orange, then it charges to 100%. But unlike my iBook when I first got it, it does NOT discharge the battery with the adapter plugged in (at least it doesn't appear to).

joneSi

edit: It does not immediately go to 100%, but it doesn't/didn't on my iBook either. It would go to say 50% then I'd plug in and it would charge to 100% and stay there. Not discharge like it did when it was new.