Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Colin Whitworth

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2007
When you run Windows on an Intel iMac with at least 3 gig RAM, using VM Ware, then Windows also rocks. I run both OSes with many programs open in both, including Photoshop, Office, Premiere, Flash, and it all works very well.

BamaDMD

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2007
Where its way too hot.
and it doesn't slow down like windows would :D

Totally agree. When I used to purchase a new PC, I would love the fast and responsiveness of the system at the beginning. Then after loading just a few apps, there was the inevitable slowing down and loading of the OP sys. Man was I surprised when I switched over to my iMac and the good ol OS X. I have not noticed hardly any slowing with all the apps and widgets I have thrown at it (except for iphoto loading only about 3sec slower after importing about 17000 photos into it. I can live with that though:) )

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
I usually have to reformat my PC once a twice a year for this reason. Just so it wont slow down. I've even started storing every file on second HD so i can just erase and watch it be fast for a week or two. On my powerbook in the almost 3 years i've had it the only time i reinstalled was about a month ago and thats cause it was taking almost a minute to boot up instead of around 30 seconds :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.