PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to PowerWindows?

MacManiac1224
Aug 12, 2003, 10:06 AM
What ever happened to PowerWindows? What ever happened to FWB giving us a beta in June, and now it is August, and nobody knows what's going on. I hope they release this product, it will be good competition for Microsoft. What do you guys think?

bobindashadows
Aug 12, 2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by MacManiac1224
What ever happened to PowerWindows? What ever happened to FWB giving us a beta in June, and now it is August, and nobody knows what's going on. I hope they release this product, it will be good competition for Microsoft. What do you guys think?
If it's at all faster than VPC, I will snap it up in a heartbeat (off of a torr.... err... Apple Store...), and if it supports all my hardware, great. I want to have a fast system for the NWN Aurora Toolset, and VPC doesn't cut it right now. It's ok... on the limit though. I could do my campaigns with my friends without it, but it would just be a tad more hectic because everything would be on-the-fly.

Schiffi
Aug 12, 2003, 10:49 AM
I believe the FWB lost the lawsuite with MS. The last CEO stepped down too.

Powerbook G5
Aug 12, 2003, 11:12 AM
Yeah, that sounds about right...but if I recall correctly, they said they will look into the claims they made earlier this summer to see if it is within the scope of posibility that they can release it still.