PDA

View Full Version : Why I think the new iPod Touch/OS X WILL have WiFi.

mrat93
Sep 1, 2007, 02:32 PM
While many are expecting an iPhone-looking iPod with the same user interface without the phone or WiFi, few, such as myself are sure of themselves that there will indeed be WiFi. A no-phone, no-internet iPhone would remove the main features and apps like SMS, YouTube, Stocks, Maps, Weather, Mail, Safari (obviously) and limits the usability of 3rd party apps. I made two mockups, as seen below depicting what I think each iPod's user interface (not exterior design) would look like with and without WiFi.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/mrat93/iPodOSXmockup.jpg

Roy Hobbs
Sep 1, 2007, 03:13 PM
I really don't think the interface will be exactly like the iPhone

Zwhaler
Sep 1, 2007, 04:09 PM
I really don't think the interface will be exactly like the iPhone

I don't think so either, but then again why would Apple design an entire new interface for an iPod when there is already one out there that they can use? (iPhone)

nlivo
Sep 1, 2007, 06:13 PM
the interface is going to be nothing like the iPhone's...the closest thing to the iPhone it will have is the scrolling.

ddk121
Sep 1, 2007, 06:16 PM
I also think the new iPod will have wi-fi, yet Apple will limit it to a Mini iTunes store on the iPod, for buying music and videos on the go, and possible youtube. I would be suprised to see Apple put applications like iChat on the iPod.

mBurns
Sep 1, 2007, 06:19 PM
I don't think the interfaces are going to be that identical either.

savar
Sep 1, 2007, 07:59 PM
I don't think so either, but then again why would Apple design an entire new interface for an iPod when there is already one out there that they can use? (iPhone)

Because there's an existing one that they can use (iPod)

amycishere
Sep 2, 2007, 11:06 AM
I hope the actual ipod is a bit smaller than iphone. I think iphone is a bit too big.

Piarco
Sep 2, 2007, 11:23 AM
I hope the actual ipod is a bit smaller than iphone. I think iphone is a bit too big.

And I hope you're right - it should be the current iPod dimensions in height and width. Depth, however, is the main thing to change from generation to generation, so I would expect a depth increase over the current 30GB 5G, but (depending on specs i.e. wifi antenna etc) not deeper than the 80GB...

Otherwise a whole load of dockable periphierals goes outthe window. Then again, the universal docks are an easy way out.... hmmm.....

Did I just make an argument against my own point? Yes, I think I did...:rolleyes:

Roll on Wednesday so the infernal guesswork can stop.

macfanboy
Jul 8, 2008, 11:21 PM
i think its cool

Eric Lewis
Jul 8, 2008, 11:22 PM
why would apple make an iPod touch without wifi?

danny_w
Jul 8, 2008, 11:25 PM
This thread is from last year.

Eric Lewis
Jul 8, 2008, 11:27 PM

whops my bad

macfanboy
Jul 8, 2008, 11:59 PM

lool, i know, i just wanted to see what we were thinking before ipod touch was announced, so by adding post, it brought it back to top of the forums :D

mrat93
Jul 9, 2008, 01:16 AM
Did I get dumber over the past year? When I re-read my original post, it looked like an intellectual wrote it!

PMB
Jul 9, 2008, 08:14 AM
happens to the best of us....

andybno1
Jul 9, 2008, 10:36 AM
ok why would the new iPod not have wifi? it makes no sense to make a refresh of the ipod and NOT include wifi. It would just be criminal not to include it

zflauaus
Jul 9, 2008, 11:21 AM
ok why would the new iPod not have wifi? it makes no sense to make a refresh of the ipod and NOT include wifi. It would just be criminal not to include it
Look at the original post date. "September 1st 2007"
:rolleyes: