Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
I can pretty much confirm now that me little Tormishire game will be coming out on OSX. It will also be PPC and Intel compatible.

And we're not certain yet, but a Tormishire DS is very likely to happen. Not sure if we can port over the online portions though. Hopefully a simultaneous release in 2008.
:)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Hopefully a simultaneous release in 2008.
:)

See your not keeping to your Nintendo roots Jimmi. As this is a DS (probable) game..

Do a Nintendo, you should announce it for Q4 2007, and then a week before its due - let us all know its now Q2 2008 for USA and Q4 for Europe..... :D

Anyway is this going to be a commercial release finally ? :)

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
If it comes out for DS I will buy it, Day 1 baby.

Edit: I'm surprised you never post about this on GAF.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
If it comes out for DS I will buy it, Day 1 baby.

When you say coming out for DS, are you talking about deployability via one of those mod systems that lets you put indie games on flash media, or...?

If it can be had on an actual cartridge of some kind that can be used on an unmodified DS for less than $40US, I'd certainly join Sky Blue in the day one queue. Support a fellow MR'er, if nothing else. :) Plus it looks really fun. ;)

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
The Big Boss of the company I'm working for has been to several publishers to show off Tormishire and they were all quite impressed, so chances are (so long as the DS port works and isn't too cut down from the PC version) it'll be a commercial game. So that's a chance of a probability :D not great but certainly a huge leap in the right direction. If not then I guess I'll just release it as homebrew or do what that Qwak dev guy did and deal with the carts and shipping and stuff myself...

Sky Blue- Someone posted my Satan Sam game on NeoGaf recently. Found them linking to me through my stats thing and they sort of liked it, so I probably should post my new game there.

Mac (intel and PPC) and Linux ports are a definite :)

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Woo!

Remember, you promised me an exclusive interview if you ever published on Nintendo platforms. I'm not forgetting it!

I'm curious what the DS's second screen will be used for. Stats? A map?

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
We've settled on a game/map split, Castlevania style.

There could be a PSP port too. Only thing is the resolution is a bit mad, the game has been built for 4:3 after all.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
If its on DS, I'm all over it(assuming it commercial release)...if not I'll pick it up for Mac OS X.

I wouldn't mind a WiiWare one! *hint hint*

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
If its on DS, I'm all over it(assuming it commercial release)...if not I'll pick it up for Mac OS X.

I wouldn't mind a WiiWare one! *hint hint*

Good point. This would be great with the sideways Wii remote.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
It'd take a bit of recoding, it's built it around a 360 controller :eek: 4 face buttons, 2 shoulders, start. Oh wait that sounds like something else :D

Agilus

macrumors regular
May 19, 2005
Massachusetts
Hey, your blog's video makes the game look really cool!

I really like the environment you have set up in the game. It has the feeling of exploring a vast underworld, reminds me in some ways of both "Out of this World" (also know as "Another World" outside the US), and Ultima 5 (although this is more of an atmosphere thing).

I'll definitely play it when you release it. Good job!

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Another World and Flashback were inspirations! infact one of the initial ideas was to rotoscope the main character like said games.

Agilus

macrumors regular
May 19, 2005
Massachusetts
Another World and Flashback were inspirations! infact one of the initial ideas was to rotoscope the main character like said games.

Wow, lucky guess! :)

I just looked up rotoscoping on Wikipedia, and it looks like it would have been a lot of work. However, it does produce good results.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I think you managed to capture that feel very well, but just judging from the videos, you also capture the ease and direct connectedness one feels with the character in more basic platforming games (At least with Otherworld and Flashback, I thought the character was too difficult to control and found myself constantly fighting with the controller!).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.