Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkRB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
First of all I think Apple TV is great... indeed after buying an ipod and then a nano and then an Apple TV, as a Windows person I can see my next laptop being an Apple.

However, I've run into to my first problem. I have successfully been syncing one PC and streaming 2 others to the Apple TV without problem. However, now the Apple TV refuses to stream to one of the PCs. The Apple TV icon appears in iTunes - but the programme hangs.

One possible change is that I've also added 2 Airport Expresses to the network to play music in other rooms (.. and when will Apple TV become Airtunes compliant? :( It would be great to control music in other rooms from the Apple TV! ) The Airport utility was installed on the PC that is having the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

bootamac

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2007
First of all I think Apple TV is great... indeed after buying an ipod and then a nano and then an Apple TV, as a Windows person I can see my next laptop being an Apple.

However, I've run into to my first problem. I have successfully been syncing one PC and streaming 2 others to the Apple TV without problem. However, now the Apple TV refuses to stream to one of the PCs. The Apple TV icon appears in iTunes - but the programme hangs.

One possible change is that I've also added 2 Airport Expresses to the network to play music in other rooms (.. and when will Apple TV become Airtunes compliant? :( It would be great to control music in other rooms from the Apple TV! ) The Airport utility was installed on the PC that is having the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Well my problems went away with a new router, but I had problems from the start. I would delete the apple tv in the pref. pane, (remove apple tv), in itunes and then rename my library in Itunes. Delete the old library name on the apple TV and reestablish a new connection on the new name.
Randy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.