PDA

View Full Version : bluetooth as modem with PB???

ormac
Aug 12, 2003, 06:46 PM
Here is a question I would like a good answer to.

Can I use a cell phone with bluetooth to download email into my PBG4 using a standrad cellular phone plan?

If this is possible, which phone and which service works best?

If it is not possible, what is a good (not too expensive) alternative for someone who travels and wants to download messages into the PB regularly?

OK, so there were three question. Answers to anyone of them would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

ormac

windwaves
Aug 12, 2003, 07:58 PM
all I know is that it is certainly possible. You will need a bt capable phone (like the usual T68i) and a bt enabled pb (the bt adaptor is all you need, newer pb don't even need that); finally, you need a service provider that does data as well (like gprs). It is slow, but good enough for emails.

I have not tried it yet, but friends of mine use it regularly when traveling.

good luck

ormac
Aug 13, 2003, 04:13 PM
windwaves:

many thanks. would you, by any chance, know what service your friends use? i'm think t-mobile, but i wanted to check what the experience of others has been.

any ideas?

noverflow
Aug 13, 2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by ormac
windwaves:

many thanks. would you, by any chance, know what service your friends use? i'm think t-mobile, but i wanted to check what the experience of others has been.

any ideas?

T-mobile will work... and you can use it on normal mode as in you dont have to use the expensive digital connection like att's mmode

Att however will hang up on a modem call and makes it so you cant use their service for a internet call. They make you use their Mmode that is $20/m for like 5 mb.