PDA

View Full Version : where on earth are the dual g5 ???

windwaves
Aug 12, 2003, 07:54 PM
man, like apple was not late enough with a piece of hardware up to date with the 21st century !!!
If you order one now, it's about 2 months away.

Does anyone have one yet ?

Powerbook G5
Aug 12, 2003, 08:22 PM
They are probably in the same place as Carman San Diego! :D

cb911
Aug 12, 2003, 08:26 PM
no, i don't think anyone has one yet. those rumors of people being shipped G5's were bs. as soon as they start shipping and people are taking delivery, trust me, you'll know.

cliffm
Aug 12, 2003, 09:02 PM
This reminds me of when the 17" powerbooks cam out :eek:

I'm sure the delays wont be that bad though.

MacsRgr8
Aug 13, 2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by cb911
no, i don't think anyone has one yet. those rumors of people being shipped G5's were bs. as soon as they start shipping and people are taking delivery, trust me, you'll know.

Yep. I wonder who'll be the first to boast about his G5 on these boards.... amen to him. :)

daveL
Aug 13, 2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by cb911
Early shipments were not BS. Those shipments were likely to be part of Apples "Early Access Program" for strategic customers that want to participate. These "Early Access" folks are covered by NDA.

Internal Apple developers have had G5s to work with for some time. Gee, I guess they would rather keep their jobs, than leak information to feed the rumor boards.

Just because there hasn't been leaks of info, doesn't mean the machines aren't around. It just means that some people honor the agreements (NDA) they sign. People in business relationships tend to behave a bit differently than the P2P crowd.

Powerbook G5
Aug 13, 2003, 02:02 PM
They will come...just continue to check your order status...