PDA

View Full Version : PowerBook G4: Repair or sell for parts?

chriswheat
Sep 3, 2007, 11:37 AM
I have a 1.67 ghz PowerBook G4, just over 3 years old. The backlight on the screen doesn't work anymore. I've taken it apart to have a look and it appears that it's a wire problem, not actually a backlight problem. Should I attempt to repair the wire and get the backlight working, sell it as is, or sell it for parts?

Thoughts?

FJ218700
Sep 3, 2007, 11:59 AM
I have a 1.67 ghz PowerBook G4, just over 3 years old. The backlight on the screen doesn't work anymore. I've taken it apart to have a look and it appears that it's a wire problem, not actually a backlight problem. Should I attempt to repair the wire and get the backlight working, sell it as is, or sell it for parts?

Thoughts?

if is really is just a wire problem (I'm guessing through the hinge?) and you can fix it yourself, I'd say fix it then sell it on eBay.

I've got a 1.67 too, hope it doesn't happen to mine. (How many times a day do you estimate that you open and close it?)

NYmacAttack
Sep 3, 2007, 01:21 PM

Thoughts?

If it really is the backlight then i could be a simple fix best to fix it and sell it working. Otherwise you could part it out.