Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcoe19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
UK
So Im no hacker wizz, but if the new iPods do come with some form of iTunes only wifi, would it not technically be possible to hack it and run Mobile Safari on there?

Come to think of it, if the new iPod is on OS X then couldnt we run all the iPhone apps on the iPod - with a much bigger hard drive!?

If so then Im very excited about Wednesday (not that Im not already, Ive still got the old 40GB 4G)

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
It would be such a waste if that (iTunes) was the only reason why the iPod 6G has WiFi. I really hope that it runs OS X (and therefore iPhone apps). And it better have a touch screen because imagine "typing" with the click wheel:eek:

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
So Im no hacker wizz, but if the new iPods do come with some form of iTunes only wifi, would it not technically be possible to hack it and run Mobile Safari on there?

Come to think of it, if the new iPod is on OS X then couldnt we run all the iPhone apps on the iPod - with a much bigger hard drive!?

If so then Im very excited about Wednesday (not that Im not already, Ive still got the old 40GB 4G)

Not sure how to do that on rumorware ;)

mcoe19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
UK
I'm not usually the hacking or modding type but if this is possible then I'm there! :D

aidanpendragon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2005
I was wondering the same thing...most reports (and even maybe Apple comments?) say the new iPod will "run OS X." If so, and if WiFi, I can't imagine someone won't hack it.

That would eat into Apple's iPhone hardware sales - so maybe no WiFi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.