Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
I don't see the problem either. IMO MacMice is selling some very nice products. Buy them or don't buy them, but all that personal BS between those two guys is really quite boring.

rueyeet

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2003
MD
Actually one post on that thread is definite food for thought: If the guy's not trustworthy, would you like to trust him with your credit card info? Personally, I'm not spending my money to support him, no matter what his products are like.

And it's not just this thread at YML, or earlier threads at SpyMac, or even the Macintouch reports that started at the time of the MacTable fiasco. I've looked at the envestco website, while it was still possible, looked at Campbell's DomainSoup site, looked at his descriptions and statements on those sites, which curiously, can't be accessed anymore.

From what I saw, the man's single largest talent seems to be hype and marketing spiel. His standard modus operandi seems to be to come up with a business model that isn't quite either honest or outright illegal, build it up with clever words, and attack any critics as liars who are unreasonably persecuting this steadfast supporter of the Mac platform. Reading through the man's own responses to those critics alone gives the picture of a very shady character.

True, people buy and like MacMice products, and it does seem to definitely be the most legitimate of his business efforts, but as a consumer, I have a right not to buy from companies I don't trust, and anything Campbell does now fits that label based on the patterns of his past behavior. I'm sure he'd agree that he doesn't need my business anyway.

Like Shawn at YML, I wonder how long it'll take Campbell to show up here, call the allegations misstatements and lies, sling personal attacks at all detractors, and make excuses for his unethical and unprofessional behavior. If he's as innocent of all the criticsms leveled at him as he claims, he must have the worst karma on the planet to have attracted this much crap from so many people over this many years.

tazo

macrumors 68040
Originally posted by rueyeet

Like Shawn at YML, I wonder how long it'll take Campbell to show up here, call the allegations misstatements and lies, sling personal attacks at all detractors, and make excuses for his unethical and unprofessional behavior. If he's as innocent of all the criticsms leveled at him as he claims, he must have the worst karma on the planet to have attracted this much crap from so many people over this many years.

Its is possible for people to change you know? And it doesnt take karma to be misunderstood....

Gus

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Yes, tazo, but the point is he hasn't. He has continually put forth lies as the truth. Did you read the whole set of posts between Shawn and Jack? Have you seen any of the reports about Jack? This guy is a thief and a con artist. He misrepresents himself in any way in order to make a buck. I mean, come on, he threatened legal action from an attorney that he didn't even have contact with? Do you know how much trouble he's going to be in for that? People can change, although it is unlikely when they are pathological, which Jack has been. He has shown no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt, and in fact, has done the opposite. Would you really feel comfortable giving your credit card information to someone like this?

Regards,
Gus

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.