Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beer.coffee

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
Ok, well the big day is nearly here. Which means a lot of us will be getting new iPods for the Apple Store.

So the question is....

What are you going to get engraved on yours?

I've never actually had an personally engraved iPod so i am not sure what to put on there. I can see myself putting down something stupid and regretting it later.

Initially i was thinking my internet alias. Then i thought about putting my email on there. And later i had a particular philosophical quote in mind. But now i just dont know.

Help me out =)

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
"Wow... a laser
engraving... L337!!11"

Actually my friend put his name and mobile phone number on it in case it got lost.

I bought one for my ex gf with "Tony jnr." but that had a meaning :)

There are so many possiblities.

how about

"Apple rockz!!1!!
Micro$oft Suxors!!11!"

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
It may be kind of boring, but I say put your name and e-mail address on there. Use your phone number if you think that is less likely to change then your e-mail address.

I did this for my daughter when I got her a video iPod, because I wanted something that would identify it if it was "lost" or stolen...

Only thing to worry about is that it makes it kind of hard if you ever want to sell it. But then I thought - how often have I ever sold an old iPod?

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
I think my said something like "Don't touch James' iPod". It has been hooked up to my Drive+Play in the car for a year or two so I don't take it out much.

nirvana06

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2006
Toronto
I think if you Engrave it , that adds a day or two to your shipping time. I bought mini and had it engraved and then iPod video without engraving and it came 2 days earlier.

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Ok, well the big day is nearly here. Which means a lot of us will be getting new iPods for the Apple Store.

So the question is....

What are you going to get engraved on yours?

I've never actually had an personally engraved iPod so i am not sure what to put on there. I can see myself putting down something stupid and regretting it later.

Initially i was thinking my internet alias. Then i thought about putting my email on there. And later i had a particular philosophical quote in mind. But now i just dont know.

Help me out =)

Nothing, engraving is lame and kills resale value

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
Who can guarantee you'll be able to get laser engravings on the new one anyway?

The surface and material might be different in such a way that Apple won't offer engravings this time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.