PDA

View Full Version : G5's Power Reset

Chulo
Sep 4, 2007, 06:57 PM
I recently had a problem with my monitor showing what looked like feedback or a frequency thing. Kinda like what you see on your tv after a vacuum or blender is being used. I took it to the Genius Bar and what they did is reset the power, with the little button under the RAM. I forgot the name of it but it's the little round rubber button hidden under and insidee the G5.

Wondering if anyone has dealt with this before. The monitor problem came back after being OK for a while, maybe a month. Wondering what could be the problem causing this. Thanks for any help.

darthraige
Sep 4, 2007, 09:06 PM
I recently had a problem with my monitor showing what looked like feedback or a frequency thing. Kinda like what you see on your tv after a vacuum or blender is being used. I took it to the Genius Bar and what they did is reset the power, with the little button under the RAM. I forgot the name of it but it's the little round rubber button hidden under and insidee the G5.

Wondering if anyone has dealt with this before. The monitor problem came back after being OK for a while, maybe a month. Wondering what could be the problem causing this. Thanks for any help.

I kinda had the same problem. Cable to the monitor was bad. Replaced it and it worked fine. Did you try replacing the cable yet? What kind of monitor are you using? LCD? CRT?

Chulo
Sep 5, 2007, 01:27 PM
It's the HD Cinema Display 30"

I forgot to mention too, it comes with its own power adapter, everytime I reset that (unplug-plug) it resets and it works for a while but then it comes back, slowly building up to it.

vohdoun
Sep 5, 2007, 03:42 PM
It wouldn't be this problem would it? since you mention its the ACD 30" http://www.blogarithms.com/index.php/archives/2007/08/01/major-defect-apple-30-cinema-display-monitors/

Chulo
Sep 5, 2007, 04:12 PM
It wouldn't be this problem would it? since you mention its the ACD 30" http://www.blogarithms.com/index.php/archives/2007/08/01/major-defect-apple-30-cinema-display-monitors/

No, nothing like that. That's the best way I can describe it. Look like what an old television does when someone turns on a blender or a vacuum cleaner. They are small horizontal lines that pop in and out. They don't look like pixels, they're just little lines that pop on and off. They are mostly visible in the black or dark areas of the monitor.