PDA

View Full Version : Does apple store still do 10% for recycling?

tuosfan
Sep 4, 2007, 07:54 PM
Does the apple store still give you 10% off if you bring in your old ipod?

Mal
Sep 4, 2007, 08:13 PM
http://www.apple.com/environment/recycling/

Looks like.

Google is your friend.

jW

SactoGuy18
Sep 4, 2007, 09:31 PM
Really?! Does that mean I can trade in my 4 GB iPod nano and get 10% off on a new model? :D

Mal
Sep 5, 2007, 09:27 AM
Yep, that's exactly what it means.

jW

SactoGuy18
Sep 5, 2007, 09:42 AM
Yep, that's exactly what it means.

jW

Thanks! :)

Now, to decide between the 16 GB nano with video capabilities or the lower end 6G iPod video.... :rolleyes:

mikefly
Sep 5, 2007, 04:31 PM
or you could sell it...

Mike

tuosfan
Sep 5, 2007, 05:11 PM
or you could sell it...

Mike

so you wanna buy my ipod thats been broken for the past year?... I didn't think so...

JonHimself
Sep 6, 2007, 11:08 PM
General question: Would I need ID or anything in returning the iPod for recycling? Like do I have to fill out any forums or anything or do they just take the iPod and then give me 10%. I only ask because I don't think Canada has the 10% off (If they do then my question is irrelavent) and was just going to go to Buffalo to buy one of the new iPods. With the canadian dollar I think the normal US price is still cheaper than the Canadian price, but with the 10% off it gets even better.

tuosfan
Sep 7, 2007, 06:40 AM
i'll do it today if the clarendon store in arlington still has it and let you know.

JonHimself
Sep 7, 2007, 03:15 PM
i'll do it today if the clarendon store in arlington still has it and let you know.

Awesome thanks!

ipodtouch
Sep 7, 2007, 03:20 PM
Are all previous models of ipods eligible for this? Even
Shuffles?

bobr
Sep 7, 2007, 10:24 PM
Just left the store here in Madison with a new Nano :). They said it's valid for all iPods except the Nano.....to rephrase that, you can turn in any iPod except for the Nano for the 10%, Was gonna' trade in a broken 3G but decided to save that for the iPod touch at the end of the month!! Wonder if I can stack the 10% recycling discount with the .gov discount.........I'm guessing not. Anyone know?

JonHimself
Sep 8, 2007, 08:27 AM
Just left the store here in Madison with a new Nano :). They said it's valid for all iPods except the Nano.....to rephrase that, you can turn in any iPod except for the Nano for the 10%, Was gonna' trade in a broken 3G but decided to save that for the iPod touch at the end of the month!! Wonder if I can stack the 10% recycling discount with the .gov discount.........I'm guessing not. Anyone know?

I think I remember hearing or reading that you can't combine discounts

bobr
Sep 8, 2007, 10:28 PM
Your right. And I screwed up and meant to say they told me it was valid for any iPod except the SHUFFLE, not the Nano. He said the Nano's are eligable.

eric55lv
Sep 25, 2007, 10:15 AM
went to the apple store yesterday and they still do it:D thats why im getting a nano 3rd gen

vtprinz
Sep 25, 2007, 12:58 PM
Thank god for the MR forums. I was debating going to buy the 80GB classic today, but decided to wait until my exams are over this week (don't need the distraction). I have an old 1G 5GB ipod laying around, and I would have never known about this!

Thanks!

Now back to studying...meh

chippy chuke
Sep 25, 2007, 01:07 PM
ya they did yesterday for me with my old mini for my new touch

LizKat
Sep 25, 2007, 01:36 PM
Really?! Does that mean I can trade in my 4 GB iPod nano and get 10% off on a new model? :D

Yep, or even trade in an old mini-iPod. Apple probably refurbs trade-ins and sells them again, but I guess they don't refurb the mini ones any more. I don't see them in the Store's refurb iPod area now. I ended up with three minis, perfect for audio books and big playlists of old favorites for use in the car. When one finally breaks, I figure I'll bundle it up with one of its pals and ask Smalldog's techs to refurb one with parts from the other -- :eek: is that cruel?? -- if they don't still have enough parts just lying around.

LLPE33
Sep 25, 2007, 04:48 PM
Groovy. I was wondering the same thing. I've got a dead 4GB mini (to go along with the deceased 60GB photo) that I use to get $19.90 off of a 3G 8GB nano...eventually.