Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

webplummer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2003
NY, NY
Just got the new MacWarehouse catalog, and on the front, with the G5, is an Apple flatscreen. It appears to not have horizontal stripes at all, through the rest of the display housing is the same lucite/acrylic. But where the horiz stripes were, it appears they have inserted a slightly metallic silver piece between the clear plastic.

Anybody else see this? Could MW have mistakenly used a new display publicity shot before they were supposed to? The updated display does not appear on their site, though.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Perhaps it's just the way that the photos look in print/online? I dunno...if I look at the one from the Apple website, I am almost certain I can make out stripes...

webplummer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2003
NY, NY
I'll scan it tomorrow. The MW catalog is printed with a stochastic screen, rather than a standard halftone, so I'm not sure how much effect this would have on the stripes being represented or not. What I can say is that a stochastic screen is used to make a press-printed image look like a continuous-tone photo, so I'd think they would show up.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
Well, if they do update it, then great. I'd like to think they'd keep it a solid brushed metal look without putting in a bunch of holes...I think that looks a bit tacky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.