PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch Durability...

adamyoshida
Sep 4, 2007, 11:22 PM
Basically, I've got a 5G Video which I adore. It's, by far, the best piece of electronic gear that I've ever owned. It's also, so far as I can tell, pretty durable. It's taken a year of constant use...

If the iPod 6G is a full-faced device like the iPhone, is it going to be notably less tough and durable than the the 5G? In particular, I'm thinking of the occassional drop, even in a case.

Luis
Sep 4, 2007, 11:24 PM
The thing has not even been released, starting there. But I do suppose it'll be similar to the 5g if it has an HDD, if not it'll be much more resistant.

adamyoshida
Sep 4, 2007, 11:26 PM
The thing has not even been released, starting there. But I do suppose it'll be similar to the 5g if it has an HDD, if not it'll be much more resistant.

I'm thinking more of the screen. We must have some idea, given the iPhone's time on the market.

Luis
Sep 4, 2007, 11:28 PM
The iPhones screen has proven to be really scratch resistant. Google it and see the vids, really amazing sometimes.

TimJim
Sep 4, 2007, 11:36 PM
yeah the iphone screen is incredibly scratch resistant. there videos of people trying to scratch with knives, keys, etc.

MovieCutter
Sep 5, 2007, 12:15 AM
Let's wait until the thing show's its face huh?

Gen3tix
Sep 5, 2007, 12:37 AM
Haha yea, we don't even know for sure what's being released tomorrow.

However...if this "iPod Touch" is real, I'd think they would use the same touch-screen technology and material as the iPhone. So, sure I guess it would be pretty durable and scratch resistant.

Only about 12 hours left though until we know what's up!

beer.coffee
Sep 5, 2007, 08:14 AM
You cant put plastic on a portable touch product.

I cant believe they ever considered it for the iPhone.

Roy Hobbs
Sep 5, 2007, 08:25 AM
Basically, I've got a 5G Video which I adore. It's, by far, the best piece of electronic gear that I've ever owned. It's also, so far as I can tell, pretty durable. It's taken a year of constant use...

If the iPod 6G is a full-faced device like the iPhone, is it going to be notably less tough and durable than the the 5G? In particular, I'm thinking of the occassional drop, even in a case.

It hasn't even been annouced or released.

aristobrat
Sep 5, 2007, 08:28 AM
yeah the iphone screen is incredibly scratch resistant. there videos of people trying to scratch with knives, keys, etc.
I've been pretty impressed with my iPhones screen.

It's not scratch-proof of shatter-proof, but it's pretty resistant to both.

If a new video iPod is released and has a similar screen, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. :)

MovieCutter
Sep 5, 2007, 08:32 AM
You cant put plastic on a portable touch product.

I cant believe they ever considered it for the iPhone.

Tell that to Palm. :rolleyes:

clinto89
Sep 5, 2007, 08:47 AM
if you are oh so worried about the durability you should take a look at this. If the new iPod is to be anything like the iPhone it will be able to take quite a bit.

:apple:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czCCavcnNd8:apple: