PDA

View Full Version : What are your hopes for today's new iPods?

phanboyjohn
Sep 5, 2007, 08:05 AM
For me, although I don't have the moola to rush out and go buy a new one, I'd love to see the video iPods with a larger screen. The touch interface is nice on the iPhone, but I do like the ability to just feel in my pocket for my iPod controls (insert inappropriate comment here). Beyond that, it'd be nice to have wireless (unlikely, apparently) and/or radio reception of some kind. Better video podcast compatibility (auto-scaling or some-such for video podcasts that "aren't iPod-compatible," for example).

What are your hopes for the new iPods?

bartelby
Sep 5, 2007, 08:08 AM
I hope the forum can hold on...

There's probably about 20 different threads already discussing this too...

beer.coffee
Sep 5, 2007, 08:08 AM
All i want is a widescreen and touchscreen HDD based iPod.

Couldnt give a rats arse about any of the other stuff the rest of the macwhore's have been arguing about :)

phanboyjohn
Sep 5, 2007, 08:10 AM
I hope the forum can hold on...

There's probably about 20 different threads already discussing this too...

Oh, totally sorry @bartelby--didn't mean to troll at all. Just didn't see a thread specifically devoted to wishes/desires, so I'd thought I'd start one up.

bartelby
Sep 5, 2007, 08:12 AM
Oh, totally sorry @bartelby--didn't mean to troll at all. Just didn't see a thread specifically devoted to wishes/desires, so I'd thought I'd start one up.

I didn't think you were trolling. Don't worry.

Matteh117
Sep 5, 2007, 08:17 AM
Touchscreen or Wi-fi (or both of course :D ) will cause me to type those 16 digits pretty quickly.

maccam
Sep 5, 2007, 08:31 AM
I want a 6g NANO!!!!

PowerFullMac
Sep 5, 2007, 09:31 AM
As long as its cheaper than the iPhone, and has that cool Multi-Touch UI ill buy it! I would like a OS X based one (like the version the iPhone has) but its not essential. And one more thing...

It has to come out in the UK before next year!

Matteh117
Sep 6, 2007, 03:28 AM
Touchscreen or Wi-fi (or both of course :D ) will cause me to type those 16 digits pretty quickly.

I got both! Woot. Ordered.. can't wait. :D

beer.coffee
Sep 6, 2007, 03:47 AM
All i want is a widescreen and touchscreen HDD based iPod.

Well, i got my widescreen and touchscreen. Two out of three aint bad. And for such a cool product i am willing to adapt to a lesser amount of storage.

16Gb iPod Touch here i come =)