Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cstarr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
Why am I asked to render my audio (the video plays fine) when my sequence settings look like they match my source media?
is there something I am overlooking?

I have loads of material to look through, so I can't give up on this question, render it all and nest it in sequences or something.

Source (captured with iMovie)

Format: DV - PAL 720 x 576 (768 x 576) DV, Stereo, 48.000 kHz 25fps

FCP sequence settings:

Audio: 2 Outputs
Frame Size: 720 x 576
Vid Rate: 25 fps
Compressor: DV-PAL
Aud Rate: 48.0 kHz
Aud Format: 32-bit floating point
Pixel Aspect: PAL-CCIR 601
Field Dominance: Lower (Even)

Does anyone have any ideas? Please?

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Simply, it's because you captured it on iMovie, it creates the video (and audio with it) with a different codec/format (something along those lines), which Final Cut isn't optimized for (again, something along those lines).

I found this out after importing 9 hours of footage on iMovie, then having to render it all on final cut to edit it.

cstarr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
Thanks for replying,
and that may be the answer, but the odd thing is that the video plays fine without rendering, and the source file, even though captured in iMovie, is still a standard quicktime DV file no matter how I examine it.

also on a possibly unrelated note, does anyone know why it says I have a 32 bit floating point (in my sequence settings I selected 16 bit audio)?

the plot thickens...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.