Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdfd504

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Soddy Daisy, TN
Well I finally was able to get through the online store to order the the iPod touch and it said the expected delivery date is October 2-4. Just thought I would give an update. Hopefully they will ship them sooner though.

klb028

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
Holy crap! October? :(

Edited to say: Actually, my bad! Sounds about right since they won't be ready 'til the end of the month.

lofight

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2007
Well I finally was able to get through the online store to order the the iPod touch and it said the expected delivery date is October 2-4. Just thought I would give an update. Hopefully they will ship them sooner though.

You already bought it!! bravo!
i don't have a overload of money so i'm gonna keep my 2nd gen ipod nano for a while

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
Do they charge you right away or only when it becomes available or they've shipped it? I want to order mine now but don't have the cash atm but they will eventually be.

mithykal

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
just ordered my iPod Touch :), mine supposed to be coming 1st October (im in the UK), hopefully the date the 28th will be moved forwards as it say that it will ship BY 28th.

dryoasis88

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2007
Typhoon causing delays!

Just to clarify, the guy on the phone promised me the ipod touches that remain unshipped would still be shipped by friday at the latest, just so no one gets upset!

I just spoke to apple on the phone and the man on the phone told me that any orders placed before the onset of typhoon whipa in asia, were made and packaged in china, and are delayed due to said typhoon, as fedex is having trouble getting the packages to the states. Anything ordered after the 18th or so is shipping sooner because they have started shipping those orders from the stock here in the US that was meant for stores (ie they are not shipping anymore to stores, and now they are using those to fill the more recent orders) they can’t send the stock from the US to the original orders because most of them are already made, with the serial numbers and such, in china, and boxed with shipping labels even, and they would then have lots of ipod touches registered by serial number to the people who ordered them stuck in china, that would then have to be reprogrammed and reregistered upon arriving here to be resold in the stores, should they have sent the earlier orders the stock from the US. (i know, this is confusing). I know this SUCKS because my ipod touch is waiting in china right now, but at least it explains a little bit of the delay. Apparently, their intent was to ship these ones from china before or around the 18th, 10 days early according to their predicted dates, but the typhoon prevented such. darn mother nature! (but my prayers go out to those who were effected by the typhoon… my ipod can wait a couple days, the people of north korea, eastern china, and japan are more important)

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Bwahaha!!

picture1vl9.png

Mine shipped today and is coming on Friday or Saturday this week. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.