Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarthTreydor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
i know people are whining about the small capacity but it doesn't really bother me. what sold me was the wifi capability. who needs an untraportable (what ever happened to those rumors anyway) when you can surf the web, listen to music, and watch movies using a device that fits in your pocket? is it really that difficult to switch out the content on it from time to time?

so with that in mind, i just placed my order for the 16 gig ipod touch. sept 28 can't get here fast enough!

telf22

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2007
i agree with u bro. w/ the capacity issue, im sure i can just watch many of those videos on youtube and i'l keep switching my movies on it. i have 12g of music so im happy. i just ordered the 16b touch. cant wait!

Artofilm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2005
Good stuff!

I plan on getting one from my local apple reseller in the next few months.
I think everything is perfect on it.

Im looking forward to using that multitouch display as well. Especially since I live in Canada and iPhones dont exist here.

mmulin

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
questions:

as opposed to the iphone, can it be used in "disk mode". if so, can safari access the local files, and does it still has the note app to read text files somehow?

thanks

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Don't get me wrong I think the iPod Touch is fantastic. It's what most of us have been waiting for, but as for the wifi here in Australia I don't see it serving much purpose. There's not very many free wifi zones around and for the ones you pay for (99.9%) it's quite expensive. So whilst it's a great feature to have it's not a beneficial one at the moment here.

ddk121

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2006
Wales, UK
Not sure if ALL vids are available on Youtube, but I was thinking, if you are short on space, instead of buying music videos off iTunes and syncing them to you iPod touch, why not just stream them on youtube? Of course, the downside is you have too be in a wi-fi area to do this...

davekarn

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2007
Congrats on the purchase. I have the iPhone and couldn't justify spending another $400 for only an 8 GB upgrade so I opted for the 160 GB iPod Classic. This will be my first traditional iPod, so I'm pretty excited, but then again, I always am when I have something new.

Cormier6083

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Louisiana
I have less than 5 gigs, so I'm getting the $300 iPod. Hopefully for Christmas. Along with some extra money for Metal Gear Solid.

The new member

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2007
Me too! I bought the 8GB version on the Apple France Store - 309 Euros. Sorry, can't wait the iPhone no more time... Will buy the version 2 next year :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.