PDA

View Full Version : new touch ipod as skype device?

flir67
Sep 5, 2007, 03:53 PM
all you have to do is wait till someone fines a way into os , then just add a imic or something similiar.

wonder howlong this will take after they are released.

Chupa Chupa
Sep 5, 2007, 04:20 PM
I was wondering the same thing but I'm betting Apple did something to cripple this from being done seeing as the iPhone can't do this.

PkennethV
Sep 5, 2007, 11:33 PM
I'm hoping for this too.

How did apple intentional stop the iPhone from making Skype calls? (just wondering here, i thought it was just that no one had figured it out yet, not because it was blocked)

and referring to the "imic"...it doesn't even have to be anything fancy. You could probably just use the earphones that are for the iPhone. They've got mics.

kingkombucha
Sep 6, 2007, 03:42 AM
I'm hoping for this too.
and referring to the "imic"...it doesn't even have to be anything fancy. You could probably just use the earphones that are for the iPhone. They've got mics.

Yep, not only that but there are two channels, left and right.

Could the left be used as a speaker and the right be used as a mic somehow? (or vice versa)

-KK

pederg
Sep 6, 2007, 07:44 AM
Since the iPhone has been hacked to allow 3rd party apps, it shouldn't be too long before the iPod touch is hacked as well... There are several Web based skype like options that would work on the iPod touch as log as you could get sound in. But that is where the problem lies, the iPod touch's audio jack is out only, so you would have to connect a mic through the dock connector. Talkety is an example of web-based VOIP. Apple can't block the web-based VOIP systems so they should run pretty smooth. As for a 3rd party app, its just a question of time before one is released.