PDA

View Full Version : PantherMetal theme (this isn't about brushed!)

shakespeare
Aug 13, 2003, 07:38 PM
Take a look at the PantherMetal theme on the bottom of this page (http://members.cox.net/damac519/themes.html), which says it's "coming soon." I can hardly wait - isn't it lovely?

rainman::|:|
Aug 13, 2003, 07:52 PM
ohhhh... now i remember why i hated OS 8...

pnw

Powerbook G5
Aug 13, 2003, 08:06 PM
I like the look of Panther's brushed metal/aqua style, I personally think it is a sexy match.

coolsoldier
Aug 13, 2003, 08:44 PM
That has to be just about the ugliest theme i've seen in a while.

Oh well, to each his own when it comes to themes...and apple should build theming into the OS. These flaky little theming applets have messed up my system one too many times.

kaizer
Aug 13, 2003, 08:58 PM
Err... sorry for my ignorance but I tot that theme's in the Duality? Sorry if anyone here think that my question absurb... Just curious.:)

bennetsaysargh
Aug 13, 2003, 09:00 PM
i think that panther has the best the me yet for os x. i love it. cleaner then it's predecessors.

Powerbook G5
Aug 13, 2003, 09:38 PM
I think Panther has the sexiest GUI I've seen yet

rainman::|:|
Aug 13, 2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
i think that panther has the best the me yet for os x. i love it. cleaner then it's predecessors. Originally posted by Powerbook G5
I think Panther has the sexiest GUI I've seen yet

Agreed wholeheartedly. The stripes were cute for a while, but it became way too much... the slick appearance much more matches Apple's current hardware, too...

pnw

Powerbook G5
Aug 13, 2003, 10:10 PM
Yeah, I cannot wait to see the brushed metal Finder in all its glory on my new AlBook when they are released and Panther is GM.

bennetsaysargh
Aug 13, 2003, 10:38 PM
well powerbook g5, it's just metal, not really brushed metal. brushed metal is safari and iTunes and all the iApps. metal is panther.

Powerbook G5
Aug 13, 2003, 11:10 PM
Damn, really? I love the brushed metal look and the thought of Finder being reskined with it was enough to give me goosebumps.

richie
Aug 13, 2003, 11:56 PM
The Finder in Panther *is* brushed metal, just to clarify. It also has an OS9-reminiscent mode, without toolbar or sidebar, that uses Aqua.

It's a little confusing to call the nouveau-Aqua look 'metal', as is evidenced by this thread.

NavyIntel007
Aug 14, 2003, 12:37 AM
Will Panther have native theme support?

Powerbook G5
Aug 14, 2003, 12:55 AM
It doesn't look like it will from all the different reports I've seen on it...but there are zillions of themes for OS X on the internet, anyway, for those who don't like the standard appearance...I, for one, am in love! Less pinstripes and more brushed metal! Yay!

vollspacken
Aug 14, 2003, 03:52 AM
yeeeeeek, this looks ugly :eek:

I seriously hope that apple does not incorporate such over-the-top themes into panther... I agree, the "normal" panther appearance looks awsome (I don't like the metal finder though, but maybe it can be deactivated through 3rd party apps.)

vSpacken