PDA

View Full Version : 32gig by Christmas?

OrangeCuse44
Sep 5, 2007, 04:51 PM
Im not sure on historical moves by Apple, but is there any shot of a 32gigger by X-mas?

psychofreak
Sep 5, 2007, 04:54 PM
As Steve said they're refreshing the line-up "for the holidays" I doubt it seriously. I think my next iPod will be a 32GB touch when it comes :)

OrangeCuse44
Sep 5, 2007, 05:37 PM
yeah, i decided that i could downsize my music on the go and get the touch without feeling like i settled at all. the touch is a bad ass machine and exactly what i HOPED for but did not expect to materialize (minus the capacity, of course). but on the same token, i dont wannt get "iPhoned" if i order it for christmas in advance and then apple drops the 8gig and offers up the 16 and 32gig. any other thoughts?

homeboy
Sep 5, 2007, 05:40 PM
32GB iPod Touch will probably be coming in January during Apple expo.

ds252
Sep 5, 2007, 07:57 PM
I'm thinking i buy a 80GB now and then keep it really nice(i'm good at that) and re sell it for a sufficient amount losing like 50-70 dollars isn't alot then when the 32 comes out i get that for most likely what the 16 costs now i'm hoping or less would be very welcome

torchwood04
Sep 5, 2007, 07:58 PM
I think you're very much right.

EssentialParado
Sep 5, 2007, 08:07 PM

I highly doubt that. Apple usually updates the storage space every year. It took a year for the storage on the nano to be increased to 8GB, and it took a year for them to increase the storage on the standard iPod.

Expect the max to stay at 16GB for a while. You could be waiting a long time for 32GB.

astrostu
Sep 5, 2007, 09:48 PM
I highly doubt that. Apple usually updates the storage space every year. It took a year for the storage on the nano to be increased to 8GB, and it took a year for them to increase the storage on the standard iPod.

Expect the max to stay at 16GB for a while. You could be waiting a long time for 32GB.

Agree. Speaking as someone who's still waiting on Mac Pro upgrades ... granted it's apples and oranges, but with all the product lines now, Apple seems to be taking longer than usual to update its stuff (OS, iLife/iWork, Mac Pros ...).

gkarris
Sep 5, 2007, 09:50 PM
Yep, the computer manufacturers are using up all the 32Gig flash units for computers... and some are getting the 64Gig ones.

When they are cheap enough, I can see the Touch getting more memory some time next year. I can see the Classic continuing to use very large hard drives - why not? You can use them to backup your data as well!

Zwhaler
Sep 5, 2007, 09:53 PM

I think this is true. Apple doesn't typically randomly bump storage, they usually bump the storage at the same time that they introduct new features, which probab;y wont be coming for a long time, because this thing is so badass.

darthraige
Sep 5, 2007, 09:59 PM
I don't expect to see a hard drive boost anytime soon on the iPod touch. I would think we would have to wait for a Summer update for that. Also, I would think by the end 2008 or early 2009, the iPod classic will disappear and iPod touch will be the main Pod in action.

flying dog
Sep 5, 2007, 10:04 PM
Storage size... depends on the cost of the flash chips and whatever the competition is doing. None of the Microsoft people I know work on the Zune so I have no clue. That said, I doubt there'll be an update by Christmas but probably sooner than a year from now. Just depends on how fast the price of the memory drops.

OrangeCuse44
Sep 5, 2007, 10:17 PM
You think it will take about a year even with this iPhone thing goin down. I think its pretty apparent Apple will increase the capacity and throw it into the higher price point. Thats why i would like a touch IF im not getting screwed shortly thereafter.

gkarris
Sep 5, 2007, 10:31 PM
You think it will take about a year even with this iPhone thing goin down. I think its pretty apparent Apple will increase the capacity and throw it into the higher price point. Thats why i would like a touch IF im not getting screwed shortly thereafter.

I think they'll just do an increase in capacity at the same price point 16Gig and 32 Gig, then the 32 & 64 Gigs, etc...

It was obvious that the iPhone technology was going to feed into the iPod which help drove the price down so fast...