PDA

View Full Version : 5G Coverflow Dreaming

CLuv
Sep 5, 2007, 06:57 PM
I would like the new iPod touch, but I have a perfectly good and still new looking 60GB 5G iPod. The pricing today is making it tempting to get the iPhone with the discount that is on it. I'm generally an early adopter, but I passed on it and my wallet will be thankful.
But I hope a firmware update comes to the 5G for Coverflow. I know, wishful thinking, but I remember when Apple talked proudly about how they designed the internals of the 5G iPod to be able to be ready for technology updates they generate.
Please, please Apple I beg you to give me even a small glimpse of this new UI, even if it's the updated display of playing tracks with a firmware update. I'm willing to compromise for that, but if you can, for the love of god hook us 5G and 5.5G owners with some Coverflow action.

torchwood04
Sep 5, 2007, 07:04 PM
I doubt it, CoverFlow is touted as a "new feature" in the iPod classic, thus it would not be in Apple's best interest to develop it for the 5G (or 5.5G). That's my opinion, so yeah.

DeeGee48
Sep 5, 2007, 08:27 PM
I doubt it, CoverFlow is touted as a "new feature" in the iPod classic, thus it would not be in Apple's best interest to develop it for the 5G (or 5.5G). That's my opinion, so yeah.

Yeah, and if the new Classic is running on "mini-OS X" instead of Pixo like the 5 and 5.5 G models, then it's probably quite impossible anyway.

And this all brings up the question: How do we number this one? Is it a 5.75 G or the new 6 G? I think it has radical enough changes (OS X, new case, silver model, etc) to merit a 6. AND the iPod Touch is a whole 'nother line anyway (we tought THAT would be the 6 G and NEVER considered that they'd keep "Old Faithful" around for a THIRD holiday season!!) What do you think?

CLuv
Sep 5, 2007, 09:09 PM
Interesting, but is it really running a mini version of OS X? I wonder since Steve didn't mention it like he did when they showed off the iPhone. We can all assume that the iPod touch is running a stripped down version of OS X. Plus I'm sure Steve would have been proud to say to the computing community and also Bill, look we can run our OS not only on the iPhone, but the iPod Touch, the iPod classic, and then iPod nano. That would really rub it in the face of that other MP3 player Bill makes, what's its name again????

HLdan
Sep 5, 2007, 09:21 PM
Interesting, but is it really running a mini version of OS X? I wonder since Steve didn't mention it like he did when they showed off the iPhone. We can all assume that the iPod touch is running a stripped down version of OS X. Plus I'm sure Steve would have been proud to say to the computing community and also Bill, look we can run our OS not only on the iPhone, but the iPod Touch, the iPod classic, and then iPod nano. That would really rub it in the face of that other MP3 player Bill makes, what's its name again????

Most likely it runs OS X. The UI is exactly the same between the iPhone and the iPod Touch. It's just an iPhone without the.......well you know the rest. :)