PDA

View Full Version : Official iPhone Refund Policy Tomorrow?

Pages : 1 [2]

GTiPhone
Sep 13, 2007, 09:18 AM
The original price tag was to make up some of those millions and millions and millions and millions in R&D that they spent on THIS product since the 1980's. Don't think for a second that the iPod was originally going to be just an iPod. The iPhone was the concept from the very beginning.

Apple did nothing but SPEND money on the iPhone until June 29th, 2007. Think about that for a little while. What it must have felt like to write THOSE checks for last 25 years.

p.s. its ***** thursday and i want my $100.

CJD2112
Sep 13, 2007, 09:48 AM
The original price tag was to make up some of those millions and millions and millions and millions in R&D that they spent on THIS product since the 1980's. Don't think for a second that the iPod was originally going to be just an iPod. The iPhone was the concept from the very beginning.

Um, forgive me if I'm reading this incorrectly, but are you saying the iPhone was the original idea since the 80's? Before mainstream cellular mobility and digital media? 90's, I'd buy, but this technology didn't even exist in the 80's.

GTiPhone
Sep 13, 2007, 10:10 AM
Um, forgive me if I'm reading this incorrectly, but are you saying the iPhone was the original idea since the 80's? Before mainstream cellular mobility and digital media? 90's, I'd buy, but this technology didn't even exist in the 80's.

According to you, imagination didn't exist either.....

Of course this has been the concept for a long time. Apple has design history going back 20 years that includes phones and other All-In-One devices.

As far as actually spending money on research and development for current technology, I would say that goes back at least to 1995.

Remember these things are step by step. One accomplishment leads to another, one new technology leads to another.

(BTW, if you are under the impression that "cellular mobility" [whatever that means] and digital media didn't exist in the 1980's, you must be highly uneducated, very young, or both.)

matticus008
Sep 13, 2007, 08:10 PM
For one, the phone was still purchased through Apple/AT&T by the purchaser (even if they gifted, resold, etc.)
If they gave it away or resold it, they're not iPhone customers and are thus excluded by the language of the statement.
It's not like the purchaser AND the second-hand owner are gonna get a store credit
No. Neither of them will. Neither one is an iPhone customer who paid the original, full price to Apple or AT&T. Both elements are prerequisites for the rebate.
A rebate is something where you get actual cash back, which has a completely different meaning from a store credit.
Based on what? A rebate is simply providence of something which has the effect of lowering the price paid. It does not need to be in cash. You can send in a rebate for a gift card, a free memory card by mail, or a check. What you're talking about is partial refund, which is credit back on the original method of payment--in other words, a price adjustment.

...aren't you the one who quoted from ApertureRebate.pdf?

OnlyMarcusCannn
Sep 14, 2007, 02:34 AM
If they gave it away or resold it, they're not iPhone customers and are thus excluded by the language of the statement.

But they are iPhone customers, nonetheless, since they did still buy the phone. It would be unfair to those who gifted iPhones--they'd be gypped out of $100, basically. That's how I received my iPhone. It was a graduation gift from my friend. I don't have the receipt and he does. So does that mean hedoesn't get the credit because me and my iPhone are 300 miles away from him?

No. Neither of them will. Neither one is an iPhone customer who paid the original, full price to Apple or AT&T. Both elements are prerequisites for the rebate.

Huh? One of the "owners" did actually buy the phone, so I don't understand where you're trying to go with that. Prerequisites? How would you know? How would I know? There's not even a specific policy out yet.

Based on what? A rebate is simply providence of something which has the effect of lowering the price paid. It does not need to be in cash. You can send in a rebate for a gift card, a free memory card by mail, or a check. What you're talking about is partial refund, which is credit back on the original method of payment--in other words, a price adjustment.

Based on the fact that it's not stated as a rebate; it's stated as a store credit:

"...we have decided to offer every iPhone customer who purchased an iPhone from either Apple or AT&T, and who is not receiving a rebate or any other consideration, a $100 store credit..."

-Maybe I'm totally mislead by this section of the letter, but it seems pretty dead on that he said to every iPhone customer who PURCHASED from either APPLE or AT&T, etc. That only means it excludes any persons who purchased the iPhone from ebay, craiglist, etc.

Maybe I'm wrong and you're right, but only time will tell.
I don't disagree with you about everything, since it would be unfair if those who resold their phones on eBay for prices above paid retail, and they receive and extra $100 on top.

robman8023
Sep 14, 2007, 08:17 AM
...since it would be unfair if those who resold their phones on eBay for prices above paid retail, and they receive and extra $100 on top.

Why is that unfair? It's not like they forced their buyers to buy their iPhone on eBay...they're just enterprising individuals who lucked out that Apple is going to offer a store credit. Nobody saw this coming...

imac abuser
Sep 14, 2007, 08:57 AM
Hey Steve, you said this week we'd see some info on getting our $100 credits where the hell is it? I understand the business week has a few hours left, but come on. Anyone heard anything?

worldwearyeyes
Sep 14, 2007, 08:58 AM
Hey Steve, you said this week we'd see some info on getting our $100 credits where the hell is it? I understand the business week has a few hours left, but come on. Anyone heard anything?

www.apple.com/iphone/storecredit

imac abuser
Sep 14, 2007, 09:27 AM
Ok, I apologize, but I didn't see the link where did you find it

chris

daveporter
Sep 14, 2007, 09:51 AM
Going through the rebait process was very simple and very fast. Good show Apple!

Now I will use the $100 help purchase a copy of the new Logic Studio bundle (what a deal!) tomorrow.

Lets see, Apple gives me a rebate and I give them $399 more...who says Steve is dumb! ;-)

Dave

lawcomic
Sep 14, 2007, 09:53 AM
FYI, it looks like you can't use the credit to get iTunes cards.
What products can I purchase using an Apple Store credit code?

You can purchase just about anything sold by Apple, except another Apple Store Gift Card or an iTunes electronic Gift Certificate.