PDA

View Full Version : What Color iPod Classic Do You Like The Best/Are Getting?

Shorties
Sep 5, 2007, 10:15 PM
Ive been having a tough time deciding between the two colors, which one do you guys like the best/plan to get.

http://images.apple.com/ipodclassic/gallery/images/10_large20070905.jpg

PkennethV
Sep 5, 2007, 10:42 PM
Well the silver matches your MacBook Pro...that's the only thing I can think of. Everything else is personal preference.

vanzskater272
Sep 5, 2007, 10:44 PM
Im not getting one but id say go for the silver for sure. I always hated how the black ipods looked.

squeeks
Sep 5, 2007, 10:48 PM
i have a black gen5 and i love it, i might go ahead and buy a silver classic to hold me over until the touch, cause my gen 5 is dieing, and id also like to keep all of my music portable

silver becuase it matches my MBP btw

Jasonbot
Sep 5, 2007, 10:54 PM
I'm torn between the ipod classic 80Gb and the nano 8Gb, It's the fact that theres video on both of them now thats getting to me!

Shorties
Sep 5, 2007, 10:59 PM
I'm torn between the ipod classic 80Gb and the nano 8Gb, It's the fact that theres video on both of them now thats getting to me!

The Classic has a bigger screen and 10x the storage I would go for that.

Zwhaler
Sep 6, 2007, 12:57 AM
The black makes it look like its wearing the case, the silvers not to shabby. (i still like white.)

Siouxsie
Sep 6, 2007, 02:30 AM
I'm getting silver to go with my MBP. I couldn't really choose between white and black when they were plastic, but I was leaning white. Now that they're metal, I simply think black wouldn't look as good as silver, plus my MBP and my MBP (WD MyBook Pro 750GB External HDD) are silver. As is my USB mug warmer/hub.

siurpeeman
Sep 6, 2007, 02:32 AM
i'm so tired of the silver look across apple's product line. i'm not too fond of the black either. :( fortunately, no new ipod for me. :)

Mugetsu
Sep 6, 2007, 04:43 AM
Why don't you people just send/get your ipod to/from Colorware?
then you can have what ever colors you want. and you wont have to be trying to decide over two plain old boring colors that apple wants to give you.

teleromeo
Sep 6, 2007, 04:45 AM
I'll keep my white 80gig ipod video that I bougt in january.

JesterJJZ
Sep 6, 2007, 05:00 AM
The silver is more like the original. I always go for the launch color. I insisted on having the Purple Gamecube as well. I'm still waiting for the Black Wii. :mad:

rockthecasbah
Sep 6, 2007, 07:35 AM

The Classic has a bigger screen and 10x the storage I would go for that.

Also for the $50 extra you get more battery life and an iPod that doesn't look out of proportion and ugly :p

Jasonbot
Sep 6, 2007, 07:48 AM
Also for the $50 extra you get more battery life and an iPod that doesn't look out of proportion and ugly :p

You could be right!!

maccam
Sep 6, 2007, 08:08 AM

I bought the 8gb Nano because it's SO SMALL!! And it's cute.

marmiteturkey
Sep 6, 2007, 09:59 AM
Like my 5g blackpod - but the silver one says 'new line'. I'm going to go and have a look on monday - and I have a blackbook, so the black would go better...
Gah.

flying dog
Sep 6, 2007, 10:13 AM
From the pictures I'm not a fan of either - the finish looks old, kind of like what's on the ~15 year old Sony tape/radio/cd player sitting here on my desk. But the black seems less old than silver. Maybe they'll look better in person.

Jasonbot
Sep 6, 2007, 10:25 AM
I bought the 8gb Nano because it's SO SMALL!! And it's cute.

Is this the old/new model?

Shorties
Sep 6, 2007, 04:50 PM
Like my 5g blackpod - but the silver one says 'new line'. I'm going to go and have a look on monday - and I have a blackbook, so the black would go better...
Gah.

I ended up going with the black one, even though the silver one would of matched my computer better. I just didn't like the look of it, I honestly don't like the black one much either but its better then the silver.

PygmySurfer
Sep 6, 2007, 04:59 PM
From the pictures I'm not a fan of either - the finish looks old, kind of like what's on the ~15 year old Sony tape/radio/cd player sitting here on my desk. But the black seems less old than silver. Maybe they'll look better in person.

It's not old, it's CLASSIC! :P

magicjames92
Sep 6, 2007, 05:15 PM
wheres the ipod touch option?

psychofreak
Sep 6, 2007, 05:18 PM
Without having seen them in person (maybe that will change my opinion) I prefer the silver one. I never really liked the black iPod(nano)s...

Jim on the Wall
Sep 6, 2007, 05:37 PM
I'm glad I have a white 5G.

But black for the new ones.

Shorties
Sep 6, 2007, 05:41 PM
wheres the ipod touch option?

Thats why I said "do you like best" for the people who are planning on getting something else or nothing at all.

maccam
Sep 6, 2007, 05:51 PM
Is this the old/new model?

3g Nano BLACK!!!

SactoGuy18
Sep 6, 2007, 07:26 PM
I'll take the silver one. Now, if they sell an iPod classic with an orange case (same orange color as the 2G shuffle), I'll take one in no time flat! :D

Eric Lewis
Sep 6, 2007, 07:30 PM
it matches my iMac...now i just need a black clickwheel? hmmmmm

Shorties
Sep 6, 2007, 08:30 PM
I'll take the silver one. Now, if they sell an iPod classic with an orange case (same orange color as the 2G shuffle), I'll take one in no time flat! :D

Same, I really loved that shade of spice orange they had.

mrkramer
Sep 6, 2007, 08:37 PM
I like the black the best, but I will be getting the touch instead of the classic.

carve
Sep 6, 2007, 09:17 PM
I am probably going to get the new nano in silver

Shorties
Sep 7, 2007, 05:56 PM
it matches my iMac...now i just need a black clickwheel? hmmmmm

Could always colorware it if you really wanted a black click-wheel.

JGowan
Sep 7, 2007, 06:01 PM
I'm gonna get 2 iPhones (one for me and one for the Mrs) and get a silver Classic (120GB). That should hold me for a while. Nano, too, might be nice. :D

ds252
Sep 7, 2007, 06:21 PM
Doesn't come in 120, you don't deserve one

Bern
Sep 7, 2007, 06:25 PM
Silver for me :D

But it's unfortunate the click wheel is white it seems to stand out as though it's a white iPod with a silver cover stuck over the front of it.

Nabooly
Sep 7, 2007, 06:56 PM
Meh, their both disgusting. Whyd they get rid of white? White aluminum case would look super sweet :rolleyes:

Philberttheduck
Sep 7, 2007, 08:17 PM
the glossy black looked awesome for viewing movies. i dono so much about the aluminum black (not getting the same vibe) so i'd have to go with the aluminum. am i the only one disappointed they got rid of the glossy black?

sharp65
Sep 7, 2007, 08:41 PM
I'm going with the silver 80gb classic.