PDA

View Full Version : iPod touch with USB 1.1

Boika
Sep 6, 2007, 01:33 AM
I know in the requirements it says the ipod touch requires usb 2.0, But i use my g3 imac to keep my music on (as i dont like eating up HD space on my other computer, so i use an imac g3 as a juke box type thing) I wont be using the usb through the imac to charge the ipod touch but i was wondering will it allow me to transfer music at all through the old slow USB or will it just not allow it at all. Thanks.

synth3tik
Sep 6, 2007, 01:34 AM
your file transfer will be slower then frozen syrup. The only thing you could really do with USB 1 is charge the iPod.

Boika
Sep 6, 2007, 01:49 AM
your file transfer will be slower then frozen syrup. The only thing you could really do with USB 1 is charge the iPod.

Hmm, ok well is there a way to add separate files to your ipod as you go, (without syncing it with itunes) so that when i delete the music from my computer and go to update my ipod it wont remove the music from my ipod?

VL-Tone
Sep 6, 2007, 03:20 AM
iTunes will never re-upload a file that's already on your iPod when you sync, it only sends new tunes.

The first time you fill out your iPod it may take a while, but after that, if you only add a few songs at a time to your iPod library/playlist, it will only take a few seconds to transfer the new songs.

Over USB 1.1, a single song takes 2-3 seconds to transfer to an iPod, and as I said, only new tunes are sent.

Boika
Sep 6, 2007, 04:11 AM
iTunes will never re-upload a file that's already on your iPod when you sync, it only sends new tunes.

The first time you fill out your iPod it may take a while, but after that, if you only add a few songs at a time to your iPod library/playlist, it will only take a few seconds to transfer the new songs.

Over USB 1.1, a single song takes 2-3 seconds to transfer to an iPod, and as I said, only new tunes are sent.

Thants fine, i think i can handle a 3 second wait per song.