PDA

View Full Version : iMac G5 wont turn on beyond first screen with cranted wheel just spinning on

Pokikol
Sep 6, 2007, 06:56 AM
Hi all,
After having inserted a dvd borrowed from the library which my Imac had a really tough time reading, I turned off my Imac as usual. Since then when I turn my mac on the fan starts roaring and i don't get beyond the first white screen with the sort of clocked wheel just going round and round. I don't have a clue to what to do. Thanks for any help.

Pokikol

bousozoku
Sep 6, 2007, 03:21 PM
Usually, when a Mac doesn't boot, I remove any attached USB devices, except for the mouse and keyboard and try to boot again.

If the DVD is still in the drive, try holding the eject key or the F12 key as it boots. that should eject the DVD.

kheller2
Sep 6, 2007, 03:23 PM
Usually, when a Mac doesn't boot, I remove any attached USB devices, except for the mouse and keyboard and try to boot again.

If the DVD is still in the drive, try holding the eject key or the F12 key as it boots. that should eject the DVD.

I think holding down the mouse button works too when you power it on.

BennyK
Sep 6, 2007, 03:37 PM
I had this problem once and it seemed like it took forever to fix. I think I fixed it hitting F12 over and over at the start up

IBitePrettyHard
Sep 6, 2007, 04:49 PM
It sounds like you could have a damaged disk or something isn't right with the OS.