PDA

View Full Version : New iPod touch + iCal sync with MacBook

mroderic
Sep 6, 2007, 07:59 AM
Hi everyone,

After eagerly anticipating the release of th ipod touch I am quit pleased with the design and configurations of the line but was wondering, almost selfishly if I would be able to sync my Ical with the Ipod. I am hoping this is possible because it shows that it has it (Ical) in pictures of ipod touch and it would make a huge difference for me a I could then use it as an orginizational tool and would be able to JUSTIFY buying it knowing i have 3 ipod's already.

Any help would be appreciated.

arkitect
Sep 6, 2007, 01:04 PM
As far as I know it has the same sync capabilities as other iPods. So any events or calenders would be "read only".

Project
Sep 6, 2007, 01:04 PM
Yes it syncs but it appears you cant add new calendar entries directly from the device. Its one way sync only.

ChrisBrightwell
Sep 6, 2007, 01:38 PM
Yes it syncs but it appears you cant add new calendar entries directly from the device. Its one way sync only.

This is utterly ridiculous.

The profit margin on the iPod has to be wider than on the iPhone ... Why deliberately cripple the iPod so much?

No email, no weather, no stocks, and no on-the-go calendar entries?

Ridiculous.

w0ngbr4d
Sep 6, 2007, 03:38 PM
http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features.html?feature=multitouch

"And iPod touch features a touchscreen QWERTY keyboard perfect for browsing the web in Safari, searching for videos on YouTube, finding music on the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store, entering calendar events, or adding new contacts."

Yes you can add contacts/events on the Touch. Syncing should work both ways.

bousozoku
Sep 6, 2007, 04:32 PM
This is utterly ridiculous.

The profit margin on the iPod has to be wider than on the iPhone ... Why deliberately cripple the iPod so much?

No email, no weather, no stocks, and no on-the-go calendar entries?

Ridiculous.

It has Safari so it can do all that but it's not a PDA so it doesn't have discrete applications for those functions.

ChrisBrightwell
Sep 6, 2007, 04:53 PM
It has Safari [...].

Thank you, Captain Obvious.