PDA

View Full Version : Zune Ad After New iPods...

gkarris
Sep 6, 2007, 02:32 PM
Is it intentional? MacRumors has a Zune ad on the front page - the day after the new iPods.

Funny...

balamw
Sep 6, 2007, 02:39 PM
Microsoft lowered the price on its 30 GB Zune yesterday to $199.

So now, strangely, it sits in a space Apple doesn't serve since the iPod classic is $50 more (for 50 GB more storage) and the similarly priced iPod nano maxes out at 8 GB.

Wierd.

B

Rojo
Sep 6, 2007, 02:56 PM
I totally forgot about the Zune!

How can anyone still want this clunker, at ANY price? :D

Dagless
Sep 6, 2007, 04:12 PM
So the iPod tops off at 160gb and the Zune is still 30gb? Ouch. Though that price sounds like it fits the product (though I would never drop 25 for that huge a capacity drop).

PlaceofDis
Sep 6, 2007, 04:13 PM
ads aren't chosen. they're automatically generated

elppa
Sep 6, 2007, 05:18 PM
MS will introduce an 80GB model in time for Christmas, along with 4GB and 8GB models, so my good source the internet tells me.

fivetoadsloth
Sep 6, 2007, 06:33 PM
Macrumours has no control over what ads appear on the site, they are automatically generated and than put on. At times one can be requested to be taken down however as pointed out before a zune ad on here is arguable a godo thing. No one will buy one from macrumours, compared t other sites, and Microsoft pays for the ad.

Peace
Sep 6, 2007, 07:12 PM
No offense intended but a poster using Windows talking about a Zune ad on a Mac website ?

What IS with this world..

rdowns
Sep 6, 2007, 07:14 PM
Ads are often posted based on certain keywords that advertisers buy.

iPod Penis enlargement- let's see if this draws an ad :eek:

johnmartin78
Sep 6, 2007, 07:35 PM
wtf is a Zune?

gkarris
Sep 6, 2007, 10:40 PM
No offense intended but a poster using Windows talking about a Zune ad on a Mac website ?

What IS with this world..

It's called using my PC instead of my Mac... :p

CalBoy
Sep 7, 2007, 12:32 AM
Microsoft lowered the price on its 30 GB Zune yesterday to $199.

So now, strangely, it sits in a space Apple doesn't serve since the iPod classic is $50 more (for 50 GB more storage) and the similarly priced iPod nano maxes out at 8 GB.

Wierd.

B

It does create an interesting lineup. However, if Microsoft had intended to be competitive, it should have updated the Zune before the iPod line was refreshed. Seeing as how it's a late-entry, and seeing as how its design leaves a lot to be desired, I'm surprised that Microsoft hasn't been on top of it. Maybe by the time Christmas rolls around, Microsoft will annouce that they're pulling out of the MP3 business.

Kamera RAWr
Sep 7, 2007, 01:42 AM
I saw something floating in the toilet bowl today, kinda looked like a Zune :D:cool:

gkarris
Sep 7, 2007, 02:07 PM
I saw something floating in the toilet bowl today, kinda looked like a Zune :D:cool:

Bowel brown or Pepto-Bismol pink? :p

quackattack
Sep 7, 2007, 03:01 PM
Ads are often posted based on certain keywords that advertisers buy.

iPod Penis enlargement- let's see if this draws an ad :eek:

I'm not usually the type of guy to post "LOL" in a forum.. but that comment had me going! Good work! :D

carve
Sep 7, 2007, 09:02 PM
Zune = Brown poop
Yeah, I can't beleive they have ads on MACrumors, its not called POOPrumors.

dsnort
Sep 7, 2007, 09:09 PM
MS will introduce an 80GB model in time for Christmas, along with 4GB and 8GB models, so my good source the internet tells me.

And brown is the new hot color! :rolleyes:

Beat me to it!

FJ218700
Sep 7, 2007, 09:23 PM
Zune = Brown poop
Yeah, I can't beleive they have ads on MACrumors, its not called POOPrumors.

watch out, it's gonna squirt!