PDA

View Full Version : 8 gig touch +warrenty and accesories or 16 gig w/ nothing

ll PiStoNs ll
Sep 6, 2007, 02:47 PM
Im a senior so im saving up for college. I only wanted to spend about 300 but the 8 gig might be too small.. I have about 4 gigs of music and I dont want to store many videos...
but with the warrenty if apple releases a 32 gig or something next year i could say the touch broke and exchange it...
So im stuck between a 16 gig and nothing with it or a 8 gig with a 2 year warrenty and case and FM transmitter?

aidanpendragon
Sep 6, 2007, 02:57 PM
but with the warrenty if apple releases a 32 gig or something next year i could say the touch broke and exchange it...

Not really.

telf22
Sep 6, 2007, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=ll PiStoNs ll;4142959]I have about 4 gigs of music and I dont want to store many videos...

i reccomend u look @ the nano unless u just want the wi-fi.

cavemonkey50
Sep 6, 2007, 03:12 PM
Not really.

Yeah, I agree. That's a bad idea to base a warranty purchase. Unless you get extremely lucky, they'd most likely replace it with the same model. Oh, and accidental isn't covered by a warranty.

aethelbert
Sep 6, 2007, 04:02 PM
Don't try to play that game with the warranty. Chances are that it won't work and you could just wind up with a broken iPod and a repair bill.

As to which one to get... Unless you think that you'll get a lot more content, 8GB sounds like it'll be enough for you. Then get the AppleCare for the peace of mind.

PygmySurfer
Sep 6, 2007, 04:10 PM
Buy the 16GB with nothing now, and buy Applecare sometime within the next year, if you want. You can kind of watch and see if Applecare is really worth getting (ie: is everyone's iPod Touch being repaired/replaced?), and buy it later if necessary.

ll PiStoNs ll
Sep 6, 2007, 10:50 PM
Buy the 16GB with nothing now, and buy Applecare sometime within the next year, if you want. You can kind of watch and see if Applecare is really worth getting (ie: is everyone's iPod Touch being repaired/replaced?), and buy it later if necessary.

yeah thats what ill probably do. and yes i want it mostly for wifi, and the fact it looks like a pda. I have 3 free periods in a row at school so i have nothing to do but chill for 3 hours (you cant leave campus any more during lunch for security reasos) so i need something to do, so ill just watch videos on youtube with our wireless.

HLdan
Sep 6, 2007, 10:54 PM
Im a senior so im saving up for college. I only wanted to spend about 300 but the 8 gig might be too small.. I have about 4 gigs of music and I dont want to store many videos...
So im stuck between a 16 gig and nothing with it or a 8 gig with a 2 year warrenty and case and FM transmitter?

I'm sorry to tell you but your plan won't work for you quite the way you think. If you take your iPod in for issues and it needs replacement Apple will kindly give you refurb. Don't think they will just allow you to upgrade, if that were the case everyone would buy the Applecare for the one reason.

PygmySurfer
Sep 6, 2007, 10:56 PM
yeah thats what ill probably do. and yes i want it mostly for wifi, and the fact it looks like a pda. I have 3 free periods in a row at school so i have nothing to do but chill for 3 hours (you cant leave campus any more during lunch for security reasos) so i need something to do, so ill just watch videos on youtube with our wireless.

Offtopic, but wtf? You can't leave for security reasons? What kind of police state school is this? :mad:

ll PiStoNs ll
Sep 6, 2007, 11:34 PM
Offtopic, but wtf? You can't leave for security reasons? What kind of police state school is this? :mad:

its a private school...so they have dumb rules btw when i said warrenty i meant bestbuy prp.they give u a gift card to buy what you want. lol thIs took 4 ever to type im on my psp...not for long though!

thespazz
Sep 7, 2007, 01:56 AM
it's a high school man.

epicwelshman
Sep 7, 2007, 03:22 AM

Don't be a dick. I hate when people think they can get upgrades for free by breaking hardware. I have a friend who just managed to make his CoreDuo MacBook faulty enough that Apple gave him a new C2D one. This guy claims he "loves" Apple, and is even Apple certified. I was very upset.

Chupa Chupa
Sep 7, 2007, 07:56 AM
I think OP is refering to the replacement warranty offered by BB, CC and the like. I've done that before. Works great. My iPod mini's battery power was only getting 5 hours. I just had to fill in a form online and sent my mini in. A couple weeks later I got a BB gift card for the full value of my purchase which I used to buy a new nano.

That said, my mini had real issues. I would not purposely damage it to get the warranty refund action. That is fraud. The replacement warranty is there if something real happens to your player. It's not a free upgrade program.

PygmySurfer
Sep 7, 2007, 09:21 AM
it's a high school man.

In ELEMENTARY school we were allowed to leave the school during our lunch break. I would often go home, and many of the other students would go to the restaurant which was a 5 minute or so walk up the street from the school.

Private or not, I'm really surprised they can't even leave school grounds during their lunches or study periods. We'd have never accepted such rules. And now I'm way off-topic :)

ll PiStoNs ll
Sep 7, 2007, 04:14 PM
In ELEMENTARY school we were allowed to leave the school during our lunch break. I would often go home, and many of the other students would go to the restaurant which was a 5 minute or so walk up the street from the school.

Private or not, I'm really surprised they can't even leave school grounds during their lunches or study periods. We'd have never accepted such rules. And now I'm way off-topic :)

im not saying i agree wih our rules, its rediculous. They think that just because some crazy arse guy at virgina tech killed ppl that we will too.
Plus their excuse is "your parents trust us with you when you get on school grounds, we would lose that trust if something happened"

plus they jack up the prices of lunch because its a freakin monopoly.