Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhonePlaya

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
i want to get one of the new ipods either the 8gb nano or the 80gb classic
i have a really old ipod like the 3rd gen 20gb idk the first one with the click wheel no color screen and well the screen is about to die and the whole ipod has seen better days and i cant decide what to get i like the nano cz its really small but i like the classic cz 80gb enough said i mainly use my old one for working out, jogging, and its connected to my alpine system in my car.

i have an 8gb iphone i dont use while running or working because of my fear of it breaking or getting sweated on so idk if its worth it to get the 8gb nano but i really like its size should i just get the classic 80gb? has anyone seen and compared them in person??? lol this sounds so stupid just would like some advice lol

ordo1980

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
classic

If I were you I would get the iPod Classic. You already have the iPhone, just get a case for it or something to protect it for running, it's 100% flash, so it would work for that, or just get the Nano if that's all it'll be used for, just get a case. Just my 2 cents. I'm going to get the iPod Classic 80GB, not sure which color yet, for normal everyday use, and the Shuffle for running. Cheers

ordo1980

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
haha

I want them all!! But practically speaking, if you can, I would just do what I'm doing... get the Classic and the Shuffle. You can use the Classic for your entire library, and the Shuffle for working out. I don't see the point in getting the Nano to be honest, especially if you need a workout machine. If you're working out or running, are you seriously going to stop in the middle of your run, pull out the Nano, and go through the bother of going to this or that song/artist/etc.? I plan on just loading my Shuffle with playlists and putting it on... you guessed it... shuffle, and run with it. No need for a screen if you are working out, it wouldn't be much of a workout to run, stop to piss around with your Nano, and then ran again. Just my opinion, but at least for me, I would never want a Nano, although I'm sure for some it's quite the opposite. Up to you though! Good luck! Anyone know, by the way, when Best Buy will be getting the Classics in? I returned my 5.5g 30giger for a refund there (i was within 30 days or purchase), and I've been without my iPod for days now, I'm yearing for the Classic and a sweet Red Shuffle and new headphones!!! Hehe

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
You already have an iPhone, great for everything but working out.

So just get a shuffle for that. And learn to deal with having "only" 8 gigs of material with you at once. Smart playlists are your friend.

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2007
It would be almost pointless for you to get a nano. I was either going to get the classic or the nano, and I opted for the nano because its like a third of the size. Might as well get the classic or the shuffle, otherwise it would be redundant to get the nano.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.