PDA

View Full Version : Hey, iPod Touch. Where are all of your features?

Jack Flash
Sep 6, 2007, 03:03 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~andrewg9/iphone.tiff

So, iPod Touch, it's nice to see you! I've tried getting together with your sister iPhone but she and I never really hit it off. I know, she was GSM and I am CDMA, but really I think we could've had something going for us. I wish we did and now that I've met you, I'm worried we'll end up having the same problems.

First, where have your Internet features really gone? I know you have Safari but where are Mail, Stocks, Maps, and Weather to be found? It just kills me to think that you have so much potential but you fall so short on it. I hate to be that way iPod Touch. Don't cry... Just listen.

To really appeal to the demographic you're after you need those Internet Features. You also need iChat. Yes, I said it and I mean it. While I'm at it, where did you lose Notes to? Can you compete with PDAs if you can't even jot down a quick Memo?

iPod Touch, I know you're pretty to look at, but you're really coming across as shallow right now.

Maybe give me a call when you rethink your personality.

TimJim
Sep 6, 2007, 03:10 PM
haha nice

rtdgoldfish
Sep 6, 2007, 03:11 PM
You know, if the reason that iChat Mobile wasn't included in the iPhone was because of AT&T wanting you to pay for text messages, why didn't Apple throw it on the iPod Touch?? Seems like a logical move to me since they don't have to deal with AT&T for the Touch.

And I'm sure someone will be able to copy Weather, Stocks and Mail apps over to the Touch once it is released. Hackers FTW!

Jack Flash
Sep 6, 2007, 06:46 PM
I'd hope so. Right now the device is a disappointment.

Project
Sep 6, 2007, 07:14 PM
Yesterday your $300 iPod didnt have wifi, no full internet browsing, no lush interface, no multitouch, no 3.5" screen, no over the air downloading, no read/write calendar, no Youtube...

Yet you're disappointed?

hatcher146
Sep 6, 2007, 07:17 PM
Yesterday your $300 iPod didnt have wifi, no full internet browsing, no lush interface, no multitouch, no 3.5" screen, no over the air downloading, no read/write calendar, no Youtube...

Yet you're disappointed?

FINALLY someone i can relate to. the new iPod touch is amazing!!!

it has so many great features...just because it lacks some to its "big sister" doesnt mean its not good at all. i cant wait to get the touch. it looks sexy, it has a great UI, WIFIIIII, safair!, youtube!, it plays videos on a beautiful screen...im getting so tired of whiners. they are so annoying.
oh well.....who cares. i cant wait! :D

OrangeCuse44
Sep 6, 2007, 07:19 PM

Yet you're disappointed?

Everything the Touch got was everything that has been debated on these forums for weeks. People saying no way to WiFi (but it would be nice), don't expect a phone-less iPhone (same form factor except THINNER)...you gotta be damn pleased with this update, its an amazing device.

G5Unit
Sep 6, 2007, 07:28 PM
my god IT'S A MUSIC PLAYER! THIS IS NOT A PDA! geez, it plays and you get those other things as a BONUS.

Jack Flash
Sep 6, 2007, 07:30 PM
my god IT'S A MUSIC PLAYER! THIS IS NOT A PDA! geez, it plays and you get those other things as a BONUS.

The iPod Classic is a music player.

I can't think of much bonus to the iPod Touch if all it does is cost more and hold less.

Project
Sep 6, 2007, 07:32 PM
Everything the Touch got was everything that has been debated on these forums for weeks. People saying no way to WiFi (but it would be nice), don't expect a phone-less iPhone (same form factor except THINNER)...you gotta be damn pleased with this update, its an amazing device.

For real...

People basically want the iPhone. Here is a novel concept - buy the iPhone!

Its like being mad at the plain $3 KFC meal for not having the extra portions, chicken strippers and Coke thats in the $5 meal.

G5Unit
Sep 6, 2007, 07:34 PM

I can't think of much bonus to the iPod Touch if all it does is cost more and hold less.

But still, I think it could have been 16 and 32gb for the same price. But all these things will come in due time.

I bought a 16gb.

Project
Sep 6, 2007, 07:41 PM
But still, I think it could have been 16 and 32gb for the same price. But all these things will come in due time.

I bought a 16gb.

Have you seen the price of 32gb flash memory? There is no way they could have maintained those price points.

TheBonk
Sep 6, 2007, 07:41 PM
Why would Apple be silly enough to put all of the iPhone features into the Touch? So the early iPhone buyers can complain even more that thier precious phone that they paid so much for is now selling for $300?

Apple wants to sell more iPhones than Touchs obviously. iPhone is supposed to be the higher end touch device. Who's going to buy an iPhone when you can get almost the same thing for $100 less?

There are also things called software updates. I'm sure we'll see a few new apps pop up into the Touch.

aethelbert
Sep 6, 2007, 07:42 PM
Have you seen the price of 32gb flash memory? There is no way they could have maintained those price points.
Yeah, that wouldn't be possible. But when I was talking to someone at school today, he told me "The touch iPod needs at least 128GB, if not 256 to make it worthwhile..."

QCassidy352
Sep 6, 2007, 07:43 PM
...you gotta be damn pleased with this update...

you'd think that... until you hung around MR for a while and got to see the usual reactions on this board. :rolleyes:

hdsalinas
Sep 6, 2007, 08:06 PM
The new Ipod Touch is the first ipod that I might consider on getting.

I would love to have an iphone but since I dont live in the US and who knows when it will be available here in Honduras (and at what price) is not an option for me... but this new ipod T is.

Apple said that the reason that they did not release a SDK is because they where concern about compromising the security and functionality of the iphone. It somehow makes sence on a cellphone (although windows mobile have allowed 3 party apps for years and I have never heard reports about problems with it) but in an ipod?

They should open it up for developers, then it will be great

I would love if I could use ichat or Skype and of course, Mail. Also I dont know how much capable is this Wifi. Can I connect to other devices like PCs, mobile phones? Bluetooth would be great too to use with wireless head sets. I would love to see google earth and widgets.

The app menu screen just looks too empty. It would get boring after a while.

I diont know, This ipod looks great. I dont ned a full pda, but if they could add only a few more apps it would be perfect.

just my humble opinion....

maxjg
Sep 6, 2007, 08:19 PM

Yet you're disappointed?

Yesterday my $300 iPod had a 80GB HDD. Yeah, I'm pissed.

PygmySurfer
Sep 6, 2007, 08:20 PM
For real...

Its like being mad at the plain $3 KFC meal for not having the extra portions, chicken strippers and Coke thats in the $5 meal.

Last time I checked the iPhone was unavailable outside the US. Not everyone wants a phone, either.

Now, whether or not Apple wants the iPod touch to be a PDA is another matter. :)

PygmySurfer
Sep 6, 2007, 08:22 PM

Today your 80 GB iPod is $250.

TheBonk
Sep 6, 2007, 08:29 PM

So your iPod is worthless now that the new iPods are cheaper? Is it not going to work anymore?

Face it, technology changes rapidly. It's stupid to buy a product then find out a month later that a new version has come out and regret buying your old one. So what if you waited to buy the new iPod today? A few months later, it will be cheaper and have higher capacity, and you'll be pissed again. The product you buy is a great product, don't regret it. Don't wait for the next version to come out, if you want it, buy it now.

bns1201
Sep 6, 2007, 09:01 PM
geez people cmon....who honostly is going to have 16 gbs of songs THAT THEY ACTUALLY LISTEN TO!?!?!?!?!?! Personally i have narrowed nearly a 20 gb collection of music to almost 1000 songs that if happened to play i wouldnt skip....so right now my iTunes collection is at a strong 5 gbs. So i had to pick up the 16 gb cuz my collection is always gonna grow. Throw some movies on it, plus my 40 hour AA battery extender and im good to go.....haters can click and scroll all they want with an 80 gb iPod (which only about 10% is actually listened to) while I surf the internet, play an NES emulator (hopefully:D) and listen to my music on a beautiful 3.5 inch screen.....only 22 more days and im set :cool:

iLunar
Sep 6, 2007, 09:22 PM
Question, how would maps work if you didn't have a constant Internet connection?

I cant see the point of it without one, it'd be too frustrating.

Jack Flash
Sep 6, 2007, 09:24 PM
Question, how would maps work if you didn't have a constant Internet connection?

I cant see the point of it without one, it'd be too frustrating.

How does the Internet work without a constant internet connection? It doesn't.

Of course it'd only work where there was WiFi. It's not a GPS device.

wumbo6
Sep 6, 2007, 10:15 PM
everyone probably saw this already. but talking about all the features make me think of this.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1xXNoB3t8vM
haha enjoy

Edwardz
Sep 6, 2007, 11:29 PM
I would not be surprised if a hacker/3rd party program got maps, weather, stocks, and even notes on the iPod touch. I can see someone even putting in some kind of chat program via wifi as well. Who knows with Hackers.

Slayerboym88
Sep 7, 2007, 12:14 AM
Anyone ever hear of 'working offline.' All the hacker fairy would have to do is enable a way for a webpage to be saved for offline access. Perhaps it could be stored as a photo so that to access it, you go through the photo album and zoom and pinch to read the directions/ see the map.

However, priority #1 should be porting over the weather and notes (I'm not a stocks man but if I was, then that would be included.)

With iTunes now portable(ish), do you think that we will be able to download the podcasts now from wherever?! I think this ability may actually get me to subscribe to a few.

cubbie5150
Sep 7, 2007, 12:20 AM
Anyone know whether the screen is covered w/ glass (a la the iPhone) rather than plastic?

Jack Flash
Sep 7, 2007, 12:42 AM
Anyone know whether the screen is covered w/ glass (a la the iPhone) rather than plastic?

Steve Jobs announced that the devices will use the same screen.

queshy
Sep 7, 2007, 01:19 AM
I AM SO ANGRY

that my iPod touch is only coming in October! lol

I'm so excited - it's such an incredible device. I kinda wish it had a phone, but I don't think I'd wanna pay a few hundred bucks to cancel my Telus contract (around 1.5 yrs left), and I don't know if I'm ready to pay the premium monthly fee.

For now, this should be great! It's going to replace my 5 G and my Dell x50v.

awmazz
Sep 7, 2007, 01:46 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~andrewg9/iphone.tiff

Just look at all that black space for more icons to come, it's 'grow-enabled'. Whether from Apple or third parties?

This really does remind me of a Newton.

Dagless
Sep 7, 2007, 10:18 AM

Yet you're disappointed?

Important features-
Capacity
Battery life

lesser features-
Wifi
Multitouch
Everything else you listed.

I'm disappointed as I can't even fit my music library on one. That alone puts the iPod Touch as, whilst cool and well designed, a needless device I'll skip on.
Plus it'd be nice to see some WiFi apps pop up. I can see Apple holding back on iChat as you'd get people begging for it on the iPhone, thus ****ing off AT&T. But Weather and other widgets should be there, IMO.

clevin
Sep 7, 2007, 10:22 AM
I'm disappointed as I can't even fit my music library on one. That alone puts the iPod Touch as, whilst cool and well designed, a needless device I'll skip on.
Plus it'd be nice to see some WiFi apps pop up. I can see Apple holding back on iChat as you'd get people begging for it on the iPhone, thus ****ing off AT&T. But Weather and other widgets should be there, IMO.

change a angle, look at it as a PDA, might have new attractions.

Jack Flash
Sep 7, 2007, 12:08 PM
I AM SO ANGRY

that my iPod touch is only coming in October! lol

I'm so excited - it's such an incredible device. I kinda wish it had a phone, but I don't think I'd wanna pay a few hundred bucks to cancel my Telus contract (around 1.5 yrs left), and I don't know if I'm ready to pay the premium monthly fee.

For now, this should be great! It's going to replace my 5 G and my Dell x50v.

But right now it can't take notes and you can only read the calendar while on the go.

Cloudsurfer
Sep 7, 2007, 02:40 PM

Yet you're disappointed?

That's just human nature. More is never enough.

intempo808
Sep 7, 2007, 03:06 PM

Yet you're disappointed?

Too right!

If the iPhone hadn't come out before the iPod Touch then you wouldn't expect them on the iPod, because you wouldn't know they exist.

You need to understand that the iPod Touch... isn't an iPhone, and it never will be. If Apple wanted to put iChat on the iPod Touch, then they would need to break a deal with AT&T or whatever you guys in the USA are using...

Look... we've been waiting for the iPod Touch for years... so just be grateful that you have one at your disposal!

I wish people would stop moaning... it isn't like they're forcing you to buy one!

Jack Flash
Sep 7, 2007, 03:18 PM
Too right!

If the iPhone hadn't come out before the iPod Touch then you wouldn't expect them on the iPod, because you wouldn't know they exist.

You need to understand that the iPod Touch... isn't an iPhone, and it never will be. If Apple wanted to put iChat on the iPod Touch, then they would need to break a deal with AT&T or whatever you guys in the USA are using...

Look... we've been waiting for the iPod Touch for years... so just be grateful that you have one at your disposal!

I wish people would stop moaning... it isn't like they're forcing you to buy one!

And it isn't a very compelling product. When Apple simultaneously releases a 160GB iPod and the iPhone for nearly the same price, the iPod Touch looks very, very inadequate.

JonHimself
Sep 7, 2007, 03:22 PM

Yesterday my iPod was 512MB and didn't have a screen... I'm elated...

(I mean, not really, I have a different iPod, but I'm sure you see the point raised... there are different lines of iPods)

JonHimself
Sep 7, 2007, 03:24 PM
And it isn't a very compelling product. When Apple simultaneously releases a 160GB iPod and the iPhone for nearly the same price, the iPod Touch looks very, very inadequate.

You can't compare the two at all, other than in family-name only.
- Different sized screens
- Different OS
- Different input methods
- Different storage methods
- Different internals
There's no way you can reasonably be comparing them. Unless you're comparing the iPhone and iPod Touch, in which case, nevermind.

aristobrat
Sep 7, 2007, 03:30 PM
As Steve said, the touch was being released world-wide, which makes it available to millions of people who can't have an iPhone.

So when your available choices don't include an iPhone as an option, how's it look to you?

Jack Flash
Sep 7, 2007, 03:31 PM
As Steve said, the touch was being released world-wide, which makes it available to millions of people who can't have an iPhone.

So when your available choices don't include an iPhone as an option, how's it look to you?

Crippled.

The iPod Touch shouldn't be designed to sell iPhones.

aristobrat
Sep 7, 2007, 04:19 PM
Crippled.

The iPod Touch shouldn't be designed to sell iPhones.
And MacBooks shouldn't be designed to sell MacBook Pros, but such is life.

You obviously want an iPod touch that (minus the phone feature) is exactly the same as the iPhone.

It appears that when Apple designed the touch, making it an "Internet communicator" wasn't their priority.

Now Apple's disappointed you twice. First an Iphone on a carrier you don't want to switch to, and now something very close to being a workaround for you, but not quite. So label it crippled and write cute posts about it.

But to say it's not going to appeal to the demographic that it should because it doesn't meet your specific requirement of wanting an iPhone sans the phone part? Really?

Jack Flash
Sep 7, 2007, 04:32 PM
And MacBooks shouldn't be designed to sell MacBook Pros, but such is life.

You obviously want an iPod touch that (minus the phone feature) is exactly the same as the iPhone.

It appears that when Apple designed the touch, making it an "Internet communicator" wasn't their priority.

Now Apple's disappointed you twice. First an Iphone on a carrier you don't want to switch to, and now something very close to being a workaround for you, but not quite. So label it crippled and write cute posts about it.

But to say it's not going to appeal to the demographic that it should because it doesn't meet your specific requirement of wanting an iPhone sans the phone part? Really?
So I'm wrong because Apple has to be right?

Ok, you seem to be right in all areas. What is the target audience for the iPod Touch?

JohnEZ
Sep 7, 2007, 04:44 PM
What is the target audience for the iPod Touch?

Me. Just because I have a MacBook Pro doesn't mean I can take it everywhere I want or have access to it all the time. The iPod touch, on the other hand, allows me to communicate via the internet--well, so long as I have a connection available. And since I use Gmail, not having a mail client isn't a dealbreaker to me.

And as much as I'd love it, iChat isn't a dealbreaker, either.

Regarding Applications: I have a nasty feeling that "Applications" might become one of those nasty tabs in a future iTunes. I can forsee Apple selling them for 5 or 10 bucks each, easy.

Dijo John
Sep 7, 2007, 04:49 PM
I am living in Germany and have only heard about the iPhone and its list of goodies. Now I can have an iPod which has most of what the iPhone has sans the phone..and guess what, I'm absolutely over the moon being able to get one.

Jack Flash
Sep 7, 2007, 07:14 PM
I am living in Germany and have only heard about the iPhone and its list of goodies. Now I can have an iPod which has most of what the iPhone has sans the phone..and guess what, I'm absolutely over the moon being able to get one.

The truth, though, is that the iPod Touch doesn't have most of what the iPhone does.

queshy
Sep 8, 2007, 05:07 AM
But right now it can't take notes and you can only read the calendar while on the go.

I very seldom use the notes feature (to scribble stuff on the screen), and with the iPod touch you CAN edit the calendar and contacts on the go.

iCantwait
Sep 8, 2007, 07:15 AM

Yet you're disappointed?

SNAP

i0Nic
Sep 8, 2007, 07:29 AM
The truth, though, is that the iPod Touch doesn't have most of what the iPhone does.
Err, it does have most of the iPhones features.
- multitouch
- wifi
- safari
- apps (calendar, notes will be ported from iPhone etc)
- widescreen 3.5 inch display
- coverflow
- youtube
- *More* storage
- os x

What is it missing?
- Camera
- GSM phone module
- bluetooth (debatable- we will find out when the touch get's cracked open)

Truth is, the iPod touch is perfect for those of us who don't want to or can't leave our current phone contract, especially for those of us who are international and won't be seeing the iPhone in our country anytime soon.

lurcher
Sep 8, 2007, 08:05 AM
When the specs came out for the Touch I was very disappointed with the storage. I have around 50gb of tunes so even the 16gb version is way too small. But after reading a few of these posts I have come to the conclusion that yes I could easily create a smartlist to just include my top tunes to fit on. Not ideal but I could live with it.

But if Apple have included Safari why the hell not Mail??? If it had mail I could use it for my business when away from the office. I don't need a phone but if the touch had mail I would be happy.

Surely it would be no hassle for Apple to inlcude Mail if they have Safari? Can anyone think why they may have not included it? It just doesn't add up :confused:

stcroixsailor
Sep 8, 2007, 08:19 AM
hey y'all...
personal, I think of the iPod Touch as well, an iPod. I've been waiting for over a year to et a touch screen ipod, i'm happy to take this.

Safari is just an add-on, I'm suprised that they put it on.

For all you people mad about mail, there's always gMail/yahoo. i know it's not the best but thats as close as you're gonna get.

For all of you people complaining about iChat, go to mundu.com/iphone. it's (close) to the same. You can't use it without internet, same as iChat.

But what I'm complaining about is that the headphone jack is on the bottom I hate the nanos like that, and it stings that Steve would force us to do the same. :mad::mad::mad:

cube
Sep 8, 2007, 08:23 AM
Apple can bring back the PDA from the dead!!

I was never interested in a PDA. I think it's better to only carry a smartphone.
But I don't like the wimpy, locked, contracted iPhone.
I would prefer an iPod, but not carrying it makes me prefer to use my Motorola basic (just Java) phone for music (with AD2P!!!).

But the size of the screen in the iPod touch is interesting. It makes me think of carrying it in addition to my phone (although I wouldn't get it until it has an even bigger hard disk).

Now seeing the comments there, I think: yes it would be cool if it were a full PDA. It adds nothing to the bulk.

But then, with Nokia coming with touch interface, WiMAX, DVB-H, in addition to quadband, 3G, HSDPA, again I would be thinking about carrying nothing more.
The only thing missing from a hypothetical iPod would be the big hard disk, and the iTunes integration (only for synchronizing play counts). I guess I could live with sending random stuff to the phone with SyncTunes every day.

aswitcher
Sep 8, 2007, 08:27 AM
Regarding Applications: I have a nasty feeling that "Applications" might become one of those nasty tabs in a future iTunes. I can forsee Apple selling them for 5 or 10 bucks each, easy.

I am not so sure. I think its more likely they will use Apps to help make the product more desirable. I know there is the precedent with games but I figure if they knock $200 off the iPhone to improve sales then free Apps that people want will more likely be like widgets are now.

Even if they did go the pay for route, I think its costs would be more like a song price, with similar 5 devices max rules etc. Or you pay a one off for a category of games and get a subscription.

TheSpaz
Sep 8, 2007, 08:42 AM
Here's a comparison for you:

iPhone:
- I already have a cell phone that was very cheap to buy and it's a 'pay as you go' phone because I'm not a heavy talker on the phone.
- The iPhone is only 8GB and I'm guessing that Mail and stuff take up some of that space so what you really have is even less space for iPod music.
- With the iPhone, you have to have a service contract with at&t and pay even more money to use it besides how much it costs (which it costs as much as a 16GB iPod Touch). After you choose a plan, then you're paying even more for it and EVERY MONTH.
- Of course with the iPhone, you're connected ANYWHERE.
- iPhone has a camera (Yes, who cares about camera phones... I don't)
- iPhone has a speaker (Whooop dee dooo)... the iPod is not a boom box.

iPod Touch:
- iPod!
- It's got Safari just like the iPhone as long as you're near wifi.
- 16GB is better than 8GB (is it not?)
- Thinner and shinier!
- Wifi is faster than the iPhone's satellite crap
- With less Apps on the iPod, there's more space available to do what it's ACTUALLY MADE TO DO, which is play music and movies/shows.
- You don't have to keep paying each month to own an iPod Touch... you pay once and it's yours (unless you took out a loan to get it)
- No contract! Nobody can tell you when you can stop using it.
- No ringtone headaches (if you don't know what I mean, check out some of the iTunes discussions and iPhone custom ringtones)
- The luscious interface is what I've been drooling over about the iPhone ever since it came out and the multi-touch is amazingly easy to use. I've been waiting a long time for an iPhone without the phone portion (as I said before, not a big fan of cell phones).
- The iPod touch is not a PDA... it's still a music player... only this time, it has some pretty bonus features.
- Flash based... not hard drive based. Both devices have this but, I'm especially excited about this because I hated giving up my Nano because it was rock solid but, I needed more storage and I also wanted video. I LOVED my old 4GB Nano and it was almost perfect except 4GB was a LITTLE too small for my wide variety of musical tastes and it couldn't play video. I think the iPod Touch is a happy medium for me.... Flash based, bigger screen, can play videos.
- Speaking of videos... it's gonna be awesome watching them on the bigger screen but, I also like watching the videos by plugging the iPod into my TV. I'll record a TV show with my EyeTV Hybrid and then use VisualHub to quickly convert it to a high quality iPod video and then sync it to my iPod and it's ready in minutes.

I think that's all I had to say. So when you're deciding on what to buy... you gotta weigh out what is more important to you... an iPod or a Phone. The iPhone can't do very much iPodding and the iPod can't do any phoning.

cube
Sep 8, 2007, 09:22 AM
The iPhone is cellular, not satellite.

TheSpaz
Sep 8, 2007, 09:32 AM
The iPhone is cellular, not satellite.

Oh... I thought cell phones use satellites to connect... I don't know much about cell phones. As I said... I'm not really a phone person. I have a cell phone that I use for emergencies and quick calls for important things... I very RARELY use it for chatting with friends and I definitely don't use the crappy little cameras they put in these things. I've got a real DSLR camera for that.

cube
Sep 8, 2007, 09:47 AM
Cellular phones use base stations spread across the land switching from one to another according to their position.

Phones using satellite are called, well, satellite phones, with which you can get coverage in many remote areas not served by cellular. They are bulkier, the call costs are much higher and people using it are much much less than cellular.

sushi
Sep 8, 2007, 09:50 AM
The iPod Classic is a music and video player with a decent screen.

The iPod Touch is a music and video player with a bigger screen! :)

Zwhaler
Sep 8, 2007, 01:42 PM
and you can only read the calendar while on the go.

This has been proved false.

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features.html?feature=multitouch

"And iPod touch features a touchscreen QWERTY keyboard perfect for browsing the web in Safari, searching for videos on YouTube, finding music on the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store, entering calendar events, or adding new contacts."

http://forums.macrumors.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4143410

PygmySurfer
Sep 8, 2007, 08:23 PM
What is it missing?
- Camera
- GSM phone module
- bluetooth (debatable- we will find out when the touch get's cracked open)

You forgot Mail, Notes, Stocks and Weather :)

SkyBell
Sep 8, 2007, 10:55 PM

I dont know why people keep asking this. Arent all touch screens made with glass?:confused:

Meh, doesnt matter much to me anyway. I hate touch screens.

SkyBell
Sep 8, 2007, 11:01 PM
Surely it would be no hassle for Apple to inlcude Mail if they have Safari? Can anyone think why they may have not included it? It just doesn't add up :confused:

Because the iPhone would lose sales because of it.

It makes sense for Apple to want to sell the more expensive product.

wongulous
Sep 8, 2007, 11:12 PM
For real...

Not quite an intelligent analogy... a better one would be that the $5 meal requires a contractual commitment of two years to only eating at KFC for dinner.

I'd get an iPhone if I wanted AT&T. I don't. End of story.

The iPhone and the iPod touch are the same beast with the same OS and CPU and WiFi modules. WHY COULD THEY NOT HAVE THE SAME SOFTWARE FEATURES? There is no reason. There is no reason!!!

PygmySurfer
Sep 8, 2007, 11:19 PM
I dont know why people keep asking this. Arent all touch screens made with glass?:confused:

Meh, doesnt matter much to me anyway. I hate touch screens.

No. Most (All?) Palms have plastic touch screens. The same is probably true for other PDAs.

Jack Flash
Sep 10, 2007, 07:50 PM
This has been proved false.[/url]
:rolleyes:

Too bad it hasn't.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/10/apple-confirms-ipod-touch-cannot-add-appointments/