PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch advice

getelevated
Sep 6, 2007, 03:12 PM
So here's my thinking. I like the iPod touch, a lot. The 16GB size is perfect for what I use it for. My concerns lie with where I plan to use the iPod. The majority of time I use it now is running, at the gym, and snowboarding. I don't see an issue with the first too but snowboarding with the touch sounds like a concern.

Would anyone else snowboard/ski with it? Even if it I was using a diesel case to protect it?

telf22
Sep 6, 2007, 03:14 PM
So here's my thinking. I like the iPod touch, a lot. The 16GB size is perfect for what I use it for. My concerns lie with where I plan to use the iPod. The majority of time I use it now is running, at the gym, and snowboarding. I don't see an issue with the first too but snowboarding with the touch sounds like a concern.

Would anyone else snowboard/ski with it? Even if it I was using a diesel case to protect it?
i snowboard and downhill mtb and i use my shuffle for that and when i rieceve my 16g touch i will certainly not be using for those activities. :)

getelevated
Sep 6, 2007, 03:16 PM
i snowboard and downhill mtb and i use my shuffle for that and when i rieceve my 16g touch i will certainly not be using for those activities. :)

I was thinking along the same lines. I have a crappy old iRiver now and the thing lasts about 2 hours (1 in the cold) so that's worthless to even keep to ride with. The touch is very tempting though...

rtdgoldfish
Sep 6, 2007, 03:17 PM
I would be afraid to crush the screen if you fell on it wrong. I know I wouldn't take my iPhone snowboarding anyway. Although maybe with a good enough case it could survive.

mithykal
Sep 6, 2007, 03:19 PM
in the cold you will have to take your gloves off as the screen only works with a touch from bare skin.

getelevated
Sep 6, 2007, 03:23 PM
in the cold you will have to take your gloves off as the screen only works with a touch from bare skin.

That I can live with. It's the screen I would be afraid of. One wrong fall and I am a sad music-less snowboarder. The more I think about it, I just don't think I would feel secure while riding with it. Anyone got a shuffle they want to donate?
:p

Enterprise8875
Sep 6, 2007, 04:38 PM
I would be afraid to use to for activities like that. When I am in a situation where I could break my 5G iPod(and soon iPod touch) I used my old 1G iPod Shuffle. I would recommend that. Buy a new shuffle or an old first gen one on eBay for next to nothing. It wouldn't even matter if you broke it.

jarenado
Sep 14, 2007, 12:47 AM
Get a 2gb second generation nano. They are something like 89 dollars on the apple website, they might be refurbs I think, but regardless, it will take care of you when you are doing any sports, and if you ever go running you can use the nike + ipod.